Pet Peeves

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Freakonaleash

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Freakonaleash » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:54 pm

one of my biggest annoyances is when someone is trying to tell you something that happened, but they take a long route round the story and take ages to tell it. my mum is a prime example of it,she can take something that will take less than 2 mins to tell and spend 10mins saying it.

I hate being bugged about stuff, like if i have something to do, i like to do things in my own time.

When im at work i always get customers that put stuff on the counter so you start to ring it through the till, then they go and pick up more stuff,but take ages doing it. its worse when you have a long line of people waiting to be served.

i guess im just an impatient person lol

*edit* people biting their nails...drives me mad. my boyfriend does it while we are watching tv or a film

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:41 am

starlight wrote:at work, when customers I don't know call me by my name just because I'm wearing a name badge.. it always just makes me anxious that I'm supposed to know them from somewhere!! also I find it unfair that I don't know their names!
i can relate to that, I don't wear my name badge at work to annoyed that issue. My manger doesn't bug me about it either.

My pet peeve are guys that call me like a cat. making whistling noises and using their index finger to call me. I usually respond with the longest finger of my own. :lol:

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:28 am

People who don't use the edit button for their posts :evil:

jennytree

Post by jennytree » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Most of my pet peeves are to do with driving and customers. People are just so rude sometimes. And drivers who don't know how to use the motorway - stoopid overtaking lane hoggers *shakes fist*
I can't get a bloody avatar to fit!

Bettedaviseyes

Post by Bettedaviseyes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:44 pm

KeiVendetta wrote: When people insist on leaving the plastic film or sticker on remotes, cell phones, camera lens, anything like that annoys the crap out of me. My dad does it all the time and I pick it off when he's not looking :lol:

Haha I do the same thing! I mean come on lets get on with it just peel the damn plastic off already!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”