"Cat Chat" - The Crazy Cat Lady Thread!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: "Cat Chat" - The Crazy Cat Lady Thread!

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:31 pm

He doesn't get brushed as often as he should because he attacks the brush :lol: if he gets any matts we trim the fur, he seems to take care of it pretty well himself most of the time!

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm

daw hes pretty. i had a lovely fluffy cat a few years ago. she was a rescue, so i wasnt sure of her age, but i had her for three years before she started having health problems. turns out it was feline lukiemia. :( we made her comfortable for as long as we could, but i came home form school one day and she was shaking and crying and i just couldnt stand seeing her in that state anymore and took her to the vet to be put to sleep :( twas a sad day indeed.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:28 am

None of you have met my Tonks, but she is absolutely tiny, about half the size of the cats my neighbours have, she's never really got any bigger from when she was about seven or eight months old. She makes enough noise for about six cats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rJN-YkMIU

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:40 am

That is a VERY loud purr! So cute though :D

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 pm

I went to the RSPCA today to choose a kitten who I shall be collecting on Saturday. I took a few photos while I was there and thought I would share them here :D

The kitten I am adopting, going to name her Tallulah

A teeeeeny tiny kitten, who kept falling over her own feet but wasn't up for adoption as she was too young to be away from her mum even though she was on her own :(

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Sockscats!! She will probably be totally mental, black and white cats seem to be. Especially ones with socks and moustaches.

Also that tiny kitten is so cute I want to eat it.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 pm

I did keep making squeaking noises at it it was so cute! Uploaded a video of her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwi1kdVfAdY

Toves

Post by Toves » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:58 am

this is pretty much the most wonderous thread EVER!
All them little kitties are sOOoo frickin frackin cute!

I want to share my Lovelies <3 !!
Merling and Gypsy!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormb ... .jpg[/img]
bestevahpic by jenny.bean.toves, on Flickr[/url]

Merling Loves the Hobo!
p.s. I hope I did this photo adding right..sorry If I didn't :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wormb ... .jpg[/img]
Untitled by jenny.bean.toves, on Flickr[/url]
~*Gypsy, Sun And Rainbows!*
~*Guess Who Made WAFFLESSS!?!*~
~*~Sunshine And Happiness For All~*~

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Brought my kitten home today :D

she has a really loud purr for something so small!

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Awww she is so small! :D How is she settling in?

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:09 pm

She is getting on ok I think, my other 2 cats aren't too impressed with her at the moment but they have only seen her for a couple of hours at the most since yesterday. She wants to be friends with them and they keep telling her off for bouncing about. She gave one of them a kiss on the nose and the look of disgust she got back was quite amusing :)

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Mon May 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Sockscats!! She will probably be totally mental, black and white cats seem to be. Especially ones with socks and moustaches.
this exactly. my tux cat is a nut ball. lol. in other new, i bought him an adorable new collar, white with little black skullsand cross bones on it. its the breakaway type, and he came in today with it missing. sigh. i guess thats a good thing though because it means he must have gotten hung up on something and that would have been a bad situation had it not been a break away collar. either that or he just got smart and figured out how to take it off. so now i have to go get him new tags and a collar. little devil.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

She is a bit mental, but really quite well behaved and keeps her claws in most the time when she is playing and seems to have chosen a favourite toy already which is a bright pink sparkly mouse. She also likes to sit in shoes!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon May 02, 2011 10:30 pm

She's a beaut, she has so many whiskers! I wish mine were still kittens, the skittishness and mentalness gets more annoying when they're fully grown cats haring around the house at full speed.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 am

She tends to have a mad hour running up and down and playing then has a snooze. She is also sleeping at night quite well thankfully! Never had a cat from being a kitten before, they have always been at least a year old so the small-ness of her is entertaining :)

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:11 pm

<3

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Pic spam time again :)

Snoozing in her kitty igloo

Walkies :P

Had to get her a harness so I can take her for little walks around my garden as she keeps mewing to go out and since she is 3 1/2 months old now I obviously don't want her going off on her own.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue May 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Such a cutie! :D

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Tue May 24, 2011 5:01 pm

i am so jealous of this thread and the people in it! Sadly my mum is allergic to cats and other soft furred animal so we cant have a little cute kitty. :(

well your kitty's are cute and i envy you all :(
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue May 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Has anyone here integrated a kitten into a home with an adult cat?

Abby is 2 years old and quite timid. She used to live with 2 other cats (her siblings) but they ganged up on her a bit because she was the smallest. Reuben is a 10 week old kitten and he's very confident and energetic, but also very sweet and affectionate. He came from a foster home that had 12 cats so he's very happy to be around other cats. He also seems totally unfazed by the change in surroundings and has just been clambering all over me and purring.

We have him shut in one room at the moment with his bed, food, litter tray and toys but he mews at the door a lot so I find myself going in and getting him out for a fuss. Abby hasn't really come downstairs since he got here 5 hours ago. She's not scared, she's sitting rather nonchalantly washing herself right now. But she won't come downstairs and that's where her food and litter tray are! The kitten isn't allowed in the room she uses for that stuff, I'm trying to keep it as her territory for the time being.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I move Abby's tray and food up here for now or should I leave them down there to encourage her to go down?

EDIT: It would be rude of me to post here without posting kitten pics!

Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed May 25, 2011 5:28 am

There's some info further back about introducing cats. He is such a cutie :D

I'm sure they'll be getting along fine soon. Let us know how it goes! A baby sibling is STILL on the cards for Quorthon even though he's two now.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:20 am

That is basically what I have done with Tallulah. I already had 2 old lady cats (they are 14-15 years old now) and at first they weren't to impressed with her. They aren't scared as such, more wary as she keeps trying to make friends with them and they aren't so sure. Have got to the point they will give each other nose to nose kisses though and still get the occasional hiss but that just seems to be the big ones telling her not to try anything, other than that they are quite happy to be in the same room as her.

Her personal food, water and litter tray are in my bedroom at the moment, mainly so the other 2 can have their food and litter tray where they have always been and so at night she is in my room with me so she isn't constantly trying to play with them. She is quite well behaved for a kitten anyways, except for the odd curtain climbing she doesn't really do anything else that is naughty (she has fallen down the toilet once but seems to have learnt from that) Oh, also have made sure she has her own bed and toys to try and encourage her not to use their beds as she keeps trying to steal Rosies which Rosie does not seem impressed by at all. Also got her a scratch post, she had one in the pen she was in at the RSPCA and we noticed she was using it so got her one and she is the only cat I have ever had that actually uses one.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:21 am

ShadowThrone wrote:There's some info further back about introducing cats. He is such a cutie :D

I'm sure they'll be getting along fine soon. Let us know how it goes! A baby sibling is STILL on the cards for Quorthon even though he's two now.
Aww you must get him one! You can never have too many cats.

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Wed May 25, 2011 11:08 am

Hello everyone :) I've been away for some time. Got a new apartment, wich is totally awesome. And I got my own baby kitty :D Her name is Princess Mochita and she's about 3years old. She's the cutest cat in the world.. She has a small braindamage, so she still acts like a small kitten..

Here she is!

Here she's biting her nails.. :P

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”