Clothing help for the show

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Dude

Clothing help for the show

Post by Dude » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 pm

Ok first off sorry if this in the wrong place or it aint allowed.

I have less than 3 weeks to do this and I need it easy as possible ;)
I am thinking of dressing up a little for the first show, but due to my size I have no idea where to start. I want to shock but not too much ;) and impress. But not to look too trashy.

Has anyone got any ideas?
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Clothing help for the show

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:28 pm

well I am a big girl so I will help to advise! What sort of look do you want?

Dude

Post by Dude » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:well I am a big girl so I will help to advise! What sort of look do you want?
To be honest hun, I am at a dead end with that :(

Im 27 and still learning all this stuff :lol:
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:31 pm

what is your hair like at the moment, are you in dreads?

I am thinking starting with the hair and working from there! do you have a corset? Corsets are a big girls friend!

Dude

Post by Dude » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:what is your hair like at the moment, are you in dreads?

I am thinking starting with the hair and working from there! do you have a corset? Corsets are a big girls friend!
My hair is short ..... If i put my mind to it and styled it:

I do have a brown wig coming from ~Azaezl~ on here and that's long. Corsets I think i may still have but I was very uncomfy in it :(

absolutebrutal

Post by absolutebrutal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:03 am

i was gonna suggest a corset too. maybe an underbust corset with a gorgeous top underneath? something a bit 'wench' like but sexy as heck. hehe. as for yer legs... hmm, toughie. are you a skirt sorta girl? shoes.. maybe something HIGH but chunky?

oooor you could just turn up in a pair of new rocks and some sexy underwear. that'll shock 'em! =D!
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:13 am

underbusts are much more comfy- is it a proper one with stele boning? A big girl needs a good amount of bones in the corset for a good shape.

Well, too short for falls then, but really cute- maybe get some clip in streaks to get some long bits?

Are you going to be on your feet most of the time or sat down? It makes a difference to your cloths- if you were stood up all the time then a pencil skirt with a corset and a shirt or top underneath will look classy and you can pull off a pin up look ( get a little fascinator)- but sat down, it can make us big girls concious of our tummies! The pin up look can also work with a flared skirt, which is more comfy when sat down.

Maybe tell us some of the clothes you have and we an advise you further :)

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:47 am

I was going to suggest a long fishtail skirt with a nice loose top. Just because if you're unsure about a corset you don't want to be uncomfortable on the big night.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 am

if you are going loose top, make sure you show some shoulder and bust to make is sexy!

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 am

twigletstar wrote:if you're unsure about a corset you don't want to be uncomfortable on the big night.
I was going to say something along these lines.
If your uncomfy in a corset then dont wear one.
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Dude

Post by Dude » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:47 pm

I aint used to wearing corsets thats prob why I dont feel comfy.

I do have a trouser suit and a red satin type shirt ....... Otherwise I have jeans and tshirts :lol:

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

can you afford to buy anything new for the show?

have you checked out ebay for some bargains?

Have you got any skirts ?

Dude

Post by Dude » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:09 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:can you afford to buy anything new for the show?

have you checked out ebay for some bargains?

Have you got any skirts ?
Skirts i have one but its a tad bit tight at the mo.
Cant use ebay as I dont have paypal or anything else :(
I feel useless!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:14 pm

you need to go shopping missus! you got a friend you can drag round the shops? things don't have to cos the earth- even some funky accessories to brighten up an outfit- primark are really cheap for accessories :)

I would suggest going with your suit trousers and a sexy top, one that shows some cleavage or a shoulder- that jacket might make it too formal- go for a black top if you are feeling unconfident and brighten it up with accessories :)

Dude

Post by Dude » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:you need to go shopping missus! you got a friend you can drag round the shops? things don't have to cos the earth- even some funky accessories to brighten up an outfit- primark are really cheap for accessories :)

I would suggest going with your suit trousers and a sexy top, one that shows some cleavage or a shoulder- that jacket might make it too formal- go for a black top if you are feeling unconfident and brighten it up with accessories :)
Thats a great idea! Cheers hun *hugs*

I have my brother and sister in law to come with me (he is my twin and knows me better than I do :lol:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”