What do you do?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

What do you do?

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:56 am

What do you do when you can't sleep at night.
Right now I can't sleep....
My friend has to wake up early tomorrow so I don't want to call him, especially at 3 am.
Soo.. I'm probably going to unpack a few boxes of Disney movies, watch them in my room on my laptop. Boil some water, make a cup of sleeptime, see if the tea deserves its name!! But what do you do when you can't sleep?

~Azaezl~

Re: What do you do?

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 am

I listen to my ipod, I usually get so lost in the music before I know it I'm asleep. I've also found when I've done alot of exercise during the day I'm so tired by the time I go to bed as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm gone.
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 am

~Azaezl~ wrote:I listen to my ipod, I usually get so lost in the music before I know it I'm asleep.
IAWTC! I find it really hard to sleep without tunes, so I do this :)

Dude

Post by Dude » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:29 am

~Azaezl~ wrote:I listen to my ipod, I usually get so lost in the music before I know it I'm asleep.
Im the same.
I have to have noise to go to sleep. Or if that fails I watch Snakes On A Plane
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 am

i never have this problem as i'll fall asleep anywhere, anytime within a few seconds!

my boyfriend has real trouble sleeping though, if it's a persistent thing, go to your doctors and see about getting some sleeping aids, like herbal things. my boy takes Zopiclone and Valium if it's really bad, sometimes he doesnt sleep at all and when i wake up, he's still awake :?

try to relax yourself, read a book, listen to music... i read somewhere that if you havnt fallen asleep after 15 minutes, get up and do something or your brain starts to associate your bed with being awake, not a sleepy place
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

sally

Post by sally » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am

pokemon :D

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:17 pm

If I can't sleep I lie in bed for hours thinking I have better things I could be doing right now which keeps me more awake, or I just don't sleep and do those better things :)

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:20 pm

I dont usually have a problem getting to sleep, but when I do reading my book seems to help
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:04 pm

those are really good tips.
i ironically put pocahontas on to watch but believe you or me i feel alseep before she could even sing 1 song.

Futzzz

Post by Futzzz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:37 pm

i listen to books read out loud on my mp3 - i looove Harry Potter :D

It has to be a story you know really well so you dont have to pay too much attention, and finde someone whose voice you like but then i kinda just zone out and before i even notice it, im a sleep!

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 am

i surf the internet until i get bored or scare the crap out of myself... then i just toss and turn until morning. :cry:

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:10 am

Spooki wrote:i surf the internet until i get bored or scare the crap out of myself... then i just toss and turn until morning. :cry:
lol i surf the internet and shop online until im bored.
now i am on the quest for a huge cyberlox wig for no reason...

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:36 am

I have valerian, or (when I'm not pregnant) Tranquillity, which is a herbal tea that makes you sleepy.. other than that, having a, erm.. fiddle. AHEM! That can make you sleepy!

Sorry if that was a bit rude :oops:
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

my_purple_skys

Post by my_purple_skys » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:45 am

i never have this problem as i'll fall asleep anywhere, anytime within a few seconds!
haha me 2...especially in the car, if im a passenger i start nodding off within about 5 minutes....always been the same, as a baby my mum used to take me for drives when i couldnt sleep.....as you can imagine im crap on road trips....!!!

other than that, having a, erm.. fiddle. AHEM! That can make you sleepy!

Sorry if that was a bit rude
tee hee...how rude!! :oops: :oops:
" theres always something out there for you "

zombiehoney

Post by zombiehoney » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 pm

i can fall asleep in seconds during the day, but when it comes to going to bed i just end up laying looking at the ceiling for hours wishing i was asleep so i shall be trying some of these suggestions. other than that i like to prod at my boyf to see if he is asleep, and when i prod harder he wakes up and i pretend i didnt do anything

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 am

aaand now i can't sleep.

i'm tired, but no-one is in at my house except me and i have anxiety problems when i'm on my own (yeh i'm like a puppy that needs looking after!)
so i can't go to bed untill someone comes back from clubbing in a few hours in case something happens. whenever i lay down, i hear a noise that i need to investigate in case it's something.

so i'm watching Andrew Lloyd Webbers Cats, (singing along to it all)
i'm doing my head in. i hope they get back soon
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Black-Sunshine

Post by Black-Sunshine » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:49 pm

I either read or listen to Silverchairs 'Neon ballroom' album, not that its boring, it just makes me sleepy :lol:
http://www.blacksunshineiow.etsy.com Handmade Dreads, hair bows, necklaces, bags & more!

http://www.blacksunshineiow.com

Princess_Anime

Post by Princess_Anime » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:26 pm

Ive only recently not been able to sleep, its really been making me annoyed because i love sleep so much! Anyways for me I think reading makes your eyes get tired easilly, so i like to either read or try and learn some more words out of the languages im trying to learn!

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Oh I also use one of those like eye mask things so no light gets in, it might help you more than me though as my imagination runs wild with it on and I poop myself thinking there are things in my room XD

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:50 pm

kezerb wrote:Oh I also use one of those like eye mask things so no light gets in, it might help you more than me though as my imagination runs wild with it on and I poop myself thinking there are things in my room XD
aw those are so adorable.
maybe we could do a swop of "can't sleep supplies", everyone could make an eye mask lol.

Sick Puppy

Post by Sick Puppy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:34 am

>_>

I knit :P

Ya seriously... When I can't sleep at night, I hop out of bed - switch the lounge light on and knit a few rows of my square dread beanie I am making (its gonna have pompoms and bells!)

I've also found sewing helps your eyes grow tiredd >_> I kept nodding off while making my most recent corset!

Its cool to see I am not the only person who can't sleep in dead silence! I ABHOR being in a room that is pitch black and dead silent - I feel like I am getting smothered.
A tiny bit of light - say moonlight through the curtains and the sound of an airconditioner whirring is sleep bliss for me :D

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Sick Puppy wrote:>_>

I knit :P

Ya seriously... When I can't sleep at night, I hop out of bed - switch the lounge light on and knit a few rows of my square dread beanie I am making (its gonna have pompoms and bells!)

I've also found sewing helps your eyes grow tiredd >_> I kept nodding off while making my most recent corset!

Its cool to see I am not the only person who can't sleep in dead silence! I ABHOR being in a room that is pitch black and dead silent - I feel like I am getting smothered.
A tiny bit of light - say moonlight through the curtains and the sound of an airconditioner whirring is sleep bliss for me :D
I try to knitting once when i got tried, but when I awoke whatever seemed beautiful when I was sleepy looked terrible.
Sometimes I tried reading and It doesn't help much.
At one point in time I tried playing kingdom hearts ps2, i manged to beat the entire game before passing out lol.
i can't sleep in silences but my moms room is extremely close to mine.
So I tend to leave the tv on instead of music.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”