The Mommy thread!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: The Mommy thread!

Post by MrsEss » Wed May 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Everything I read said exercise is fine if you're already pretty fit & can continue as long as you're feeling ok, always tell your gym instructor or whatever though as Gracey says some things aren't recommend during pregnancy.

I'm so very pleased for you & Bri. I hope everything goes well for you, pregnancy is so fucking hard. Take it easy sugar. xx
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm

That's incredible news Lisa I am so chuffed for you both!! :D take it easy lovely and enjoy it!

Little Bean

Post by Little Bean » Wed May 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Swimming is really good. It strengthens the perineum and makes birth easier and quicker. I didn't do exercise before being pregnant other than a bit of walking in my job. My midwife recommended swimming and I'm so pleased I did it cos labour was only 6 hours

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Thoughts on how to approach explaining to a husband who works full time just how much work goes in to hanging out with a 1 year old all week long, and then try to come up with half the bills in your down time? Because mine just doesn't seem to get it. I swear he's convinced I have my feet up and eat effing ice cream all day long.

He seriously is so dense sometimes that I can't figure out how to jolt him in to understanding I don't have magical octopus arms that can do everything at once.

I need your guidance, ladies!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon May 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Leave him to cope on his own for a full day with little 'un...go somewhere and put your feet up and eat ice ream...

See how he gets on :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 pm

^ This. Also preferably also stay overnight somewhere so it has to cope all night and the following morning too. My OH is exactly the same. I work 32 hours a week and have Mondays off with my little one. He thinks i sit around watching tv all day. It does my nut in.
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon May 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Aahh, Huzzah for a husband that is at home and I work. I agree with the others Kristy, leave him at home with Logan for at least a few hours, hopefully it'll help him gain some understanding bringing up a child is hard bloody work.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 am

It is one of those things that, until someone actually does it, they have no clue how hard it is. I'll even stand here and say I had no idea until I was doing it.

It's especially hard when they're this age, as they're into EVERYTHING, so you can't just leave them to it, even if you have baby-proofed. Scarlet grabbed my cup of tea a couple of days ago and poured it on herself. I have seriously NEVER felt so bad in my life. Luckily, she was fine, just a bit shocked...but seriously, it's not easy!

There's also the joy of them making a mess as quickly as you've tidied up :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Gah, thanks you guys. I am kind of at my wit's end. Jeff is furious with me that the house is a disaster all the time. Last night I got "If I were home with the baby the house would be SPOTLESS." The thing that kills is that Logan really is better behaved for him. he can stick him in his highchair and do the dishes, where as if I try that he just screams at me to get out the whole time. I've been around MANY a child and mine is by far the biggest wildman of the lot, I am so tired and every spare moment I have is dedicated to working. I'd rather have a house to live in, even if it's messy. Apparently my logic is flawed?
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue May 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Korben behaves better for Richard too & rarely listens to me if I'm trying to stop him from doing something, Richard just has to say his name & he'll go & sit on the sofa. Richard finds it infuriating that Korben doesn't listen to me as much as he does to Richard, IDK why but he "pushes my buttons" or I'm more lenient or something.

In other news, he's not very well. His eye is all gammy & almost fully closed :( I'm phoning the doc in the morning & demanding a same day appointment.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 pm

lisa congratulations, that is brill news, so pleased for you both hon :D

kristina mine is the same, he thinks i sit on my arse all day doing sod all when in fact i am tidying u after him and all the kids, it drives me insane he thinks that,he doesnt even realise the mess he creates
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Wed May 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Oh My God......... I've taken 4 pregnancy tests and they are all positive :shock: I just can't believe it, it seems to good to be true! I keep thinking there's been a mistake. I know it's early and it could still all go wrong but to get this far after 3 years of TTC is amazing. I tried to make a doctors appointment this morning but they were all gone within 30mins of opening and they only take appointments on the day so I'm going to try again tomorrow. Can I ask what do that do at your first appointment? Are you not pregnant till it's confirmed by a blood test?

I keep having twinges and it's freaking me out that the tests are wrong and my period is going to start any minute. It just hasn't sunk in and I'm scared the GP will say all the tests are wrong.

For those that have followed my little story, after our first appointment at an IVf clinic last month all our tests were clear so they put me on Metaformin to see if that made any difference as I was having 35-40 day cycles. Looks like it may have worked :i2:

For those who are friends with me on Facebook please don't say anything as I haven't told anyone yet. I just want to talk to someone about what happens at first appointment.

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Congratulations! That is brilliant news. A positive test is a positive test (only extremely extremely rare conditions can you get a false positive).
At your booking appointment they will ask you when your last period was, and some will ask for a urine sample or make you do a pregnancy test, but I didn't have to.
They will then take you through your health history and your partners too. This will help them start to plan you pregnancy and give then indicators if you need to be put in high risk and monitored more often. They will advise what happens at each stage and when your appointments usually happen around. They will advise that you first scan is usually about 12 weeks unless they think you need earlier monitoring. They will also go through what to do and what not to and also what to expect. They are there for any questions and no question is a stupid one, so ask them away. They will also take your height and weight. You will get given a pregnancy pack with a book and loads of leaflets xxx

Hope this helps xx
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed May 30, 2012 6:10 pm

CONGRATULATIONS SALLY!!!!

It varies between counties - With me, I saw the doc he gave me a scrip for folic acid & said the MW would ring me. First time my booking in appt (where they do all that stuff Izzy just mentioned) was at the Dr's, second time the appt was at home.

They take a shed load of info at the first appt & request a scan date for you, then (depending on risk factor) you see the MW every 4 weeks til you're about 32 weeks, then every fortnight & then every week.

Doc's don't normally do a test themselves as the store bought ones (even from the pound shop) are pretty reliable.

Don't stress. Don't panic. Twinges can be normal as it's usually just your uterus stretching.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 am

Oh My God you've actually bought a tear to my eye Sally!

I so hope everything goes well. When I tested positive, I went to the doctors and asked them to confirm it, they just did a normal "pee on a stick" type test. Rest as much as you can, and TRY not to worry...I know that's easier said than done.

ETA - if you have a bit of spotting in the next few weeks, try not to worry as it's most probably implantation bleeding, I had it. Also period type pains are completely normal. I remember that feeling of fear though at every twinge, it only took us just over a year, but as it was after a miscarriage I was walking on egg shells for those first 12 weeks. I genuinely am SO happy for you *group hug*

* Queen of Tangents*

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Thu May 31, 2012 7:02 am

Congratulations Sally, that's incredible news!!!!! I am so so chuffed for you *massive hugs* :D

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. Just been to the doctors and they didn't bother to do any tests as I'd taken One of the digital ones that said 1- 2 weeks pregnant. Basically told me not to eat cheese and that they'll contact me in 12 weeks. thought I might have got a bit more info.

It's sunk in now and I'm feeling quite excited. Had a 2 day headache and cramping but apart from that feel fine. When do you normally get morning sickness from?

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 am

6-8 weeks onwards normally...but I didn't get any, so don't panic if you don't feel sick. I did panic, but I'm told that it's a blessing really :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu May 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Headaches are normal too hon. I felt a little queasy for a few weeks but nothing major. It's the tiredness. Oh my god. The tiredness.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Congrats Sally, really chuffed for you :D

Well Pipsqueak is still in my tummy, due on Saturday having a couple of twinges etc but trying not to get my hopes up as I have been overdue with both of my girls. We shall see what happens..... :)
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

SammiiSynthetic

Post by SammiiSynthetic » Thu May 31, 2012 9:53 pm

This thread is seriously so cute. weoiufnbbgubg :3
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sammiissynthetics

http://www.facebook.com/SammiisSynthetics

I make synthetic dreads c:

I'm accepting custom orders!

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

The weird twinges and random cramps, how long do they normally last? I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait for three months to know if everything's ok, it seems such a long time. I'm fine with the 9 months, it's just the first 3 which seem the scariest to me.

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm

They last a while hun, it's normal :) If you can hold out untill your 7/8 weeks a private scan would show you baby and that everything was ok x
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Relax hin. Easier said than done but your body has a lot to do over the coming months. Being calm as possible definitely helps, everyone gets nervous and worries, that's perfectly normal too.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 pm

I've just done some research and found a place near me which does the early pregnancy scans so I think I'm going to go for one. If nothing else but for peace of mind. I'm 6 weeks this week so should be able to book a scan for 2 weeks time. Just been reading back through this thread and have to say all the information on here is so helpful. Can't believe somekindafreak is on baby no.3!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”