The Mommy thread!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
TOXIKITTY

Re: The Mommy thread!

Post by TOXIKITTY » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:32 am

Awww!! What a cheeky grin!

I can't look at babies without getting broody.. I'm terrible. Was never like it before I had Kaiden. Used to see women getting all girly and gooey over a new baby and think they were all slightly crazy.. now I'm the worst!! :lol:
<´¯`·.TOXIKITTY.·´¯`>
..Deader than last year's cat..

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:55 pm

I was broody before and now I'm worst.

Rhaeniel. that is such a nice picture!

I lost again against Mariann. She's sleeping on me right now. And it took all the patience I had,

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 am

Aw, Alex is a cutie - lovely pic Jo :)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 am

Zombie Strawberries wrote:I was broody before and now I'm worst.

I lost again against Mariann. She's sleeping on me right now. And it took all the patience I had,

:( sorry hon.
If it's any consolation, I've been having a complete nightmare with Alex these past few nights. He keeps waking up at 2am again! He's also feeding every 2.5 hrs in the day, which he REALLY doesn't need to now that he's so big, and he just pukes it all back up again anyway! :roll:
I thought he'd grown out of that :(
I don't know what to do - I'm sleep-deprived and now I'm getting a nasty cold as well :(
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:
Zombie Strawberries wrote:I was broody before and now I'm worst.

:( sorry hon.
If it's any consolation, I've been having a complete nightmare with Alex these past few nights. He keeps waking up at 2am again! He's also feeding every 2.5 hrs in the day, which he REALLY doesn't need to now that he's so big, and he just pukes it all back up again anyway! :roll:
I thought he'd grown out of that :(
I don't know what to do - I'm sleep-deprived and now I'm getting a nasty cold as well :(
sounds like the little man is having a growth spurt! If he is, he should settkle down in a few days or so..

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Seth used to wake up every night until he was on solid food & had been for about a month. i think he used to have a 5 or 6am feed & kip til about 8/9am
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm

Yeah I thought switching to formula (for a month now) and eating solid (she eat fingerfood for 2 month now) and she re-started eating puree... But she still waking up at 12 for a feed and 5 for another.... Last night I let her cry to sleep, took 2h. then at 12 it took 1h and then it took 5 min or so.. So I was relieved. and then this afternoon my bf made her nap in her crib, 45min for ½ of sleep... But it's better then nothing. We can see an improuvment, right?

I'm sorry Rhaeniel. Next time your little one wake up just think I'm prolly awake too! lol

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:39 am

That's only once a night tho, DSM.. right?
Once a night I can handle.. it's two or three times I can't deal with! I could barely cope with it when he needed it, now that he's big enough to sleep easily for 7 hours, it makes me crazy when he wakes up just because he pooped!

Last night tho, he pooped again at about midnight but I didn't get up.. I let him cry for a bit and guess what? He settled himself! Pretty quickly too.. can't have taken too long cos the next thing I knew it was 2am and he was crying for a feed :)
So he had his feed at 2, I changed him, burped him and puthim back in bed by 3.. and then I only just woke up at nearly 7, and I'm encouraging him to sleep til 8 now by putting the static on (he went to bed at 8pm and he needs the full 12 hours at night) and he's settled again.. so at 8 I'll get him up and give him his breakfast :)

It sounds like the controlled crying might be working, ZS - keep it up :) you're all doing really well, by the sound of things.

I wondered about that, fustmuffin.. do they usually puke so much when overfeeding for a growth spurt? His poo's a bit green atm cos he's having so much foremilk, so I wondered if it was the heat.. although things seemed to have settled a bit yesterday - he went nearly 3.5 hours between feeds at one point! The rest of the day, I got him to go 3 hours by cuddling him and walking him about to calm him when he woke up too early. He obviously wasn't that hungry cos being walked around was enough to calm him!

I've got a really nasty cold :( I haven't been ill in quite some time, so I'm really feeling it now.. got some strepsils and paracetamol and I'm on the coffee to wake me up (something I said I'd never do whilst breastfeeding!!) ..I feel like death warmed up -_-
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:05 am

Rhaeniel wrote: do they usually puke so much when overfeeding for a growth spurt?
I can't really help you with that as my two were both sicky babies anyway, so it was completely normal for them!
Oh wait, maybe I can?
I'm sure you have already ruled this out, but could he be just posseting? Or is it looooads of milk he brings back?
Last edited by fustmuffin on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Aww, that sounds bad.. My lady is not a puker, yay!

I think Mariann only slept 7h in a row once of twice :(

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:10 pm

fustmuffin wrote:
Rhaeniel wrote: do they usually puke so much when overfeeding for a growth spurt?
I can't really help you with that as my two were both sicky babies anyway, so it was completely normal for them!
Oh wait, maybe I can?
I'm sure you have already ruled this out, but could he be just posseting? Or is it looooads of milk he brings back?

Well, it is a little bit more than possetting, but my brother was like that as a baby - my mum had to take a rubber sheet with her everywhere she went so she could lay it on the floor and then wind him over it without ruining friends' carpets! :lol:
So yeah, I think he is just a bit pukey.. but he'd stopped doing it completely for about a month, so I thought he was over it. He did it before because he was overfeeding due to colic, plus his intolerance to so many things in my diet didn't help matters! but since I stopped eating certain things, he got SO much better, stopped the puking, stopped the constant screaming.. so I was just really worried it'd all come back :( but we've had such a good day today! :D He's still puking a lot, but I've put him back on the Infacol and he's been going 3 hours between feeds again :)

Ooh, I've learnt a new way of getting him off to sleep, without any crying! I put him to bed and then sing 'twinkle twinkle little star' along with his musical mobile :lol:
It's funny - the music has a bit where it just plays chords without the tune and I have to hum the notes cos he starts fretting if I stop! Poor little lamb gets upset if he can't hear me, and he can't see me cos he's on his tummy in his moses basket, so I have to keep singing until he closes his eyes (which doesn't take long) then I leave the mobile going until he's properly off to sleep.

Baby loves his mummy ^_^ I feel good today!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Zombie Strawberries wrote:Aww, that sounds bad.. My lady is not a puker, yay!

I think Mariann only slept 7h in a row once of twice :(

Aw, no :( well at least you get to dress her in pretty outfits without having to change them 5 times a day! :lol:
I only buy Alex plain white cotton stuff now, so I can boil-wash it.. otherwise there're little yellowy puke stains all over everything that won't come out!

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:16 pm

awww poor thing.

I'm lucky I was able to eat all I wanted without affecting anything on my baby. She had no collics, no puke. I guess you can't have everything right. No perfect baby lol So no sleeps for me!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:55 am

Yea Jo. By the time he was 7 months old he was sleeping 12hrs in a row.

Oooh, here is a photographed scan pic for you all:

My dates were spot on & i'm due december the 11th

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

TOXIKITTY

Post by TOXIKITTY » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:34 am

Congrats Dreadstar!! You're gonna have a hectic Xmas, hehe. My little lad was born 4 weeks before Xmas and it was mad trying to get things together, but it feels so special having a newborn at that time of year :D

You gonna find out the sex at the next scan or leave it till the birthday?
<´¯`·.TOXIKITTY.·´¯`>
..Deader than last year's cat..

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am

Well I found out today we haven't been successful this month...I'm kind of glad in a way as at least it means my bodies back to normal and everything's working ok...We'll just have to keep trying :D

Congrats on the scan pic hon x
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 am

Yeah, i wanna know what we're having. Seth asked the sonographer yesterday, but i'm only 13+6, so too early to tell. I know, i'm hoping to have most, if not all of my shppoing done by the end of october/middle of november. then i can focus on chilling :D I'm gonna attempt to work tiol 2 weeks before anyway, so i'll have to be organised!!!

Yay Liz, it's awesome to hear that you're body is back to normal after such a rollercoaster these past few months

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:50 am

Thanks - It's been so long since af I've forgotten what it's like :roll:
I munched loads of galaxy last night and didn't know why until this morning :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Yay, little bean piccy! ^_^
December 11th - that's my dad's birthday, and 4 days before Andy's.. Saggitarians are lovely :D

I'm so happy! Last night, Alex slept from 8pm til 3am, woke for a feed, fed well and winded pretty easily, got him back in his bed by 3.45 and then he didn't wake up until nearly 6am :)
Would've been better if he'd got to 7am or even 8am, but I just feel so much more alive for having those 6 hours of sleep from about 10 til 3 :) I would go to bed at the same time as Alex, but I just can't seem to drop off before at least 9pm :roll:

I still have this nasty cold tho :( I've got olbas in an oil burner, vicks over my chest and a strepsil in my mouth!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm

olbas is great stuff - hope you feel better soon. It's amazing what a half decent nights sleep can do i imagine!

I'm having fun battling with horrible period pains for the first time in months - i'd forgotten :evil:

* Queen of Tangents*

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Oh I had that last week!
I got this odd little twinge and had a moment of panic.. cos the last time I felt anything in that area of my body, it was the most painful experince of my life! :?
.. so yeah, little scary... and then I realised it was a period.. lol!

Shouldn't I not be getting those whilst breastfeeding? :roll:

..sorry, that's a horrendous sentence!!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:31 pm

and you're normally so eloquent my love :D

I always thought you didn't get periods while you were breast feeding...but i'm not sure if that's a DEFINITE thing or not

I really can't wait to be a mum, I'm trying not to let it get to me as i don't need the stress. I'm ok nearly all the time it's just when i think about how far along i'd be now

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:58 pm

hmm, you can get periods whilst breasfeeding, but it usually takes longer for them to come back...Alex is about 3 months now isn't he? whereas when i stopped bfeeding Seth i think mine were back within a few (2 or 3) weeks (i only did it for 2 weeks) but not allowed to wear tampons for 2 cycles! (can't remember why now)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Oh Scarlet hon, try not to do that :(
At least you know everything's working 'downstairs' ..as it were, cos it happened pretty quickly first time.. and I'm sure the only reason things went wrong is cos of that horrible virus thing you had - so I can't see why you'd have any problems conceiving again :)

Yeah, he's three months now.. so yeah, maybe I'm just extra fertile now that I'm back on my old diet again as well! :lol:
Good thing we've been using condoms!! :shock:

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 pm

They do recommend that - you're supposed to be super fertile after you give birth :shock:

That's another reason i'm actually quite happy i didn't concieve this month - I'm just getting over a throat infeection (probably virus related) so at least I'll be fighting fit by the time ovulate his month!

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”