Interview Tips? (hairdressers?)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
SophistiKated_Hair

Interview Tips? (hairdressers?)

Post by SophistiKated_Hair » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Heyy!

I somehow managed to get myself an interview at a posh city centre salon and now i'm scared haha!

Can those of you who maybe work in a salon give me some tips about what to expect from the interview, what are my prospective employers going to be looking for?

Thank you!
XXX
Kate Of SophistiKated Hair

Lorny

Re: Interview Tips? (hairdressers?)

Post by Lorny » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:31 pm

I don't work in a salon, but I did have a job in one.

I haven't had many interviews with hairdressers, since I couldn't afford less pay than Sainsbury's. Big yourself up a lot, but don't make out you're the best. If you feel there are things you could be better at, say. You can bend the truth slightly, but make sure its not too far off the truth. Be confident and bubbly and smiley. A lot of people want this as it shows you can be good with people. There are also the other bits and bobs about personal traits and what not. I had a list of 'key words' from my old tutor, who ran her own salon for years and years. I can go and see if I still have them, but one of the words was 'dextrous'. I suppose that is an important one anyway, since if you're not good with your hands you can't be good in the business!

There isn't really a lot to do really. Its really quite easy, albeit terrifying!

Good luck!
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Lorny

Re: Interview Tips? (hairdressers?)

Post by Lorny » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Oh and about that handshake, don't wrap your thumb around their hand when you do it. Shake as if you are a Barbie doll, keeping your thumb up in line(ish) with your fingers. Sounds silly, but it shows confidence and what not.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”