The ADVICE thread (rules in first post)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Little Wicked

Re: The ADVICE thread (rules in first post)

Post by Little Wicked » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm after a bit of advice on weight loss.

I've been trying to lose weight for a long time, and although I'm doing everything right, nothing seems to be working. I eat healthily, I don't deny myself the odd treat, but I don't eat alot of junk at all. I also go to the gym 6 days a week and do a mixture of cardio and weight training, with a couple of dance classes thrown in for flexibility. However, even though I've been doing this for the last three months, I haven't lost any weight or gone down any dress sizes yet. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!
The only thing I can think of is that I've been extremely stressed at work for the last 4-5 months, to the point where I've now actually been signed off with stress because it's been making me ill. Would I be right in suspecting that the stress is interfering with me being able to lose weight? I know stress produces cortisol, which causes the body to hang on to fat, particularly around the stomach, so could this be the issue?

PM me with any replies.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

night_wolf

Re: The ADVICE thread (rules in first post)

Post by night_wolf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 pm

I thought this might be easier than posting somewhere else/making a new thread.

I've been living in shared housing since I started university (2008.) and the last 6 months or so have been living in a very nice house with two others, I live with my landlord and for the most part, everything is ok.

I've pretty much however, decided that I need to get my own place, somewhere I can call my own, rather than having to share space with others and living in someone else's home.

My problem is whilst I do know quite a bit (bills, fees etc.) I need to make sure I've covered everything, I earn rough 1.3/1.4k (without going into specifics this is after tax.) and am looking at places at 600pcm without bills included.

Can anybody provide any pointers/hints and things to watch out for? Most of the properties in this area are with agencies so I'm sure there's got to be some hidden fees or other?

Any help with moving, fees or once settled in and budgeting would be great - I'm ok with the basics, but just in case ;)

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”