Benefits Help

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Beautiful.Mess

Benefits Help

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 am

Ok.. so my maternity finishes in october but apparently were nto entitled to any more help. Housing benefit have said no dispite us only having an income of £13560... my sisters household haa an income of over £14000 and they get it (different council) So I'm thinkin of applying once my maternity finishes....

I wasnt goin to go back to work coz I can't work full time and would need to to make a finiancial difference to us... but I'm now thinkin about just goin back for satuday mornings, just to keep my job... which would mean i get like £20-25 wages a week... but then when I have my next baby I wont be entitles to SMP.. plus maternit allowence is the same.... £117 or 90% of ur average wages, whichevers LESS... but surely they cant expect me to live on like £20 a week, wether on maternity leave or not... we must be able to get more help?!?! any help?!
Facebook.com/beautiful.messdreads

MistressH

Re: Benefits Help

Post by MistressH » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:37 am

the best site i found was www.entitledto.co.uk but youmay find it easier to talk to a realperson
xxx

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:40 am

yeh I've been on there.. it says no... im scared of talkin to real people haha

Dude

Post by Dude » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:43 am

You will have to go to the local joke shop, i mean job center. They fob you off, put your foot down.
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 am

come with me? ur more assertive (scary) than me... lol

Dude

Post by Dude » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 am

If I was nearer I would, although I would prob kick off if they bulled us. I hate those people .....
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:18 am

apparently i can get half my rent paid when my maternity stops... but what about the next baby, if im not entitled to maternity again?!

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:28 am

what about tax credits?
and have you registered for child benefit too?

to get smp froman employer youhave to earn £87 per week

when i had myfirst i then work 2/3 days in a department store, we were lucky as mymumused to babysit though. have you got anyone to help for free or for not much money?

my_purple_skys

Post by my_purple_skys » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 am

a girl i work with only does 16 hours per week....she has a little girl apparently you are entitled to something if you do that???

Dude

Post by Dude » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:37 am

At the end of the day go to the job center and ask them face to face. Its the best thing you can do.

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:39 am

We havent asked my mum in law coz Hayd doesnt think she'd be up for it... but she proper loves him n she doesnt work... but i dont wanna work/leave him for as long as id have to work to qualify for my next maternity... plus it'll affect tax creds n get all complicated.. *sigh* why arent these thigns straight forward!?

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 am

mind u, if i work 1-5 again she'd only have to have him 1-4 coz haydn finishes... he doesnt eat between then.. so... it might be doable...

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 am

does anyone know if you get any maternity help if ur not employed??

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:36 am

dont think you would with your partner to support you, unless youwere actually receiving jsa but i may be wrong.

if you finish with your bf then all your money problems would be sorted :? :lol: and they wonder why there are so many single parent families :roll:

Beautiful.Mess

Post by Beautiful.Mess » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:44 am

i know! i have considered this.. lol everything would be paid for :D mwahahahah

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”