Brighton Hairy Meet - TODAY - UPDATE PLEASE READ

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ClaireCalavera

Brighton Hairy Meet - TODAY - UPDATE PLEASE READ

Post by ClaireCalavera » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:09 pm

UPDATE: It would appear our small group has become smaller! I am feeling pretty awful still and am resigned to my bed for most of the day.

As I'm not sure for definite who is coming and I only have Chazz (who can't make it) and Becca's (who's running a bit late) numbers, I can't contact anyone in the actual meeting group to explain this.

I'll do my best to contact people via the internet. Hope anyone who turns up will have a fun day here even if we don't get to meet! xxx

If anyone needs my mobile number, let me know and I will pm you it, that way if you're going to be late, you can let us know so we don't leave you behind! Visa versa, if you arrive early, let me know and I'll do my best to get up there asap :)

**UPDATE - I have been struck down with Alex's man flu at the moment, so although I will do my very best to make it, I can make no promises :( I'm so sorry!

As I (and several others I know) were unable to make the Midlands and London Heavenly Hair Meets, and I know a couple of girlies have just moved/moving to Brighton, I thought I would host a Brighton meet!!

Everyone is welcome, old regulars and new members alike! :)

Why Brighton? Well, one, because I live here, and two, because Brighton is a cool place to be! There's tons of cool quirky shops, a seaside (if the weather is nice), parks, lots of lovely places to eat and drink and a really funky vibe!

Why October? Ahhh now this is special. This is because October is my favourite month of the whole year - the time of Halloween!!! I might even organise a Halloween themed swap for the day :D

Why come along? Hopefully it will be a fun chance to meet your fellow forumers in the relaxed environment of Brighton, plus you get the chance to see the seaside, shop, eat, drink and make merry!

Oh yeah, and just for added incentive - the following shops can be found in Brighton:
Lush
MAC
Sally's
Get Cutie
Cybercandy
Zara
Choccywoccydoodah
Cissy Mo
Velvet
The Bead Shop
Revamp Fancy Dress
Bell Book & Candle

Just thought I'd mention .. ;)

How do I get there? You can get to Brighton fairly easily by car or train, and as I live very close to the train station I will be happy to wait there and meet any of you journeying by rail :) You can also get coaches, National Express and Megabus come to Brighton - most go to Pool Valley Coach Station, which is by the seafront and quite close to the Lanes.

So... anyone interested? :D

*EDIT* Who's coming? (So far....)
YES!
ClaireCalavera
Becca
Neonpixie
Phoenix
Funky Rapunzels
Jennilox
Dragongirl

MAYBE!
NaturalistDesigns
Displacedmind
TenderTendrils
Kaminoke
Last edited by ClaireCalavera on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:05 am, edited 18 times in total.
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

neonpixie

Re: Brighton Hairy Meet - early October?

Post by neonpixie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:13 am

bumping I know but this totaly deserves it! Im deffinaty up for this! I'm an hour away, just outside Chichester...

random info...was in brighton on sat :D - if you get chance dive in wildcat- they've got a "everying £1& BOGOF" tray of BCR's and things on the counter- 2 colour anodoized BCR's for a quid! theres other things there too- balls for bars, spikes, alsorts- bargin! I got loads of captive rings- normal and an unusal teardrop shape I've not seen before.
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 am

I'll come if I don't manage to get myself lost on the trains, I love Brighton.

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Extremely interested! And ive heard that the clubs in Brighton are really cool, me and my boyfriend want to go there for the weekend at some point, so sooner rather than later might be a must! Just let us know dates ASAP so I can get things sorted :D Thanks for organising this hun! Always wanted to go to Brighton ^^

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Oooh yay!! I'm so glad this is picking up in interest, I was worried it was just gonna disappear off the map for a minute there lol!

I'm thinking Saturday the 11th of October? How does that sound for everyone? :P

Also,
neonpixie wrote: random info...was in brighton on sat :D - if you get chance dive in wildcat- they've got a "everying £1& BOGOF" tray of BCR's and things on the counter- 2 colour anodoized BCR's for a quid! theres other things there too- balls for bars, spikes, alsorts- bargin! I got loads of captive rings- normal and an unusal teardrop shape I've not seen before.
thank you!!! I am wanting to stretch two of my lobes to accommodate belly bars so some bcrs are what I need (I think?) so that's wicked!!! xxx

neonpixie

Post by neonpixie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:02 pm

ClaireCalavera wrote:Oooh yay!! I'm so glad this is picking up in interest, I was worried it was just gonna disappear off the map for a minute there lol!

I'm thinking Saturday the 11th of October? How does that sound for everyone? :P

Also,
neonpixie wrote: random info...was in brighton on sat :D - if you get chance dive in wildcat- they've got a "everying £1& BOGOF" tray of BCR's and things on the counter- 2 colour anodoized BCR's for a quid! theres other things there too- balls for bars, spikes, alsorts- bargin! I got loads of captive rings- normal and an unusal teardrop shape I've not seen before.
thank you!!! I am wanting to stretch two of my lobes to accommodate belly bars so some bcrs are what I need (I think?) so that's wicked!!! xxx
that'd be fine for me! might drag a mate along if thats ok :)

Claire, the BCR's would be perfect for you, I'd say get the rings to strech with tho as the tear shape are a bit tricky to get in but that doesnt mean you cant get some for the future ;)
the best time to do it is after a shower/bath as your lobes will be a bit looser then.
Last edited by neonpixie on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

Becca

Re: Brighton Hairy Meet - Sat 11th October?

Post by Becca » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:20 pm

you know I'll be there! ;)
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Becca - aww yeah! :D

neonpixie - of course! All are welcome to the Brighton Hairy Meet :P

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 pm

I would, but two weeks after me and Paul are off to Nottingham :(

Unless I get this job I've applied for :P

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:08 am

NaturalistDesigns wrote:I would, but two weeks after me and Paul are off to Nottingham :(

Aww bum :( fingers crossed you get the job, Chrissy! Would love to have you here! :D

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 am

ClaireCalavera wrote:
NaturalistDesigns wrote:I would, but two weeks after me and Paul are off to Nottingham :(

Aww bum :( fingers crossed you get the job, Chrissy! Would love to have you here! :D
If I can, I will. That's also if I can bribe Adam and Kirsten to come down too - the more the merrier eh :D Failing that there's always the train to London, then down to Brighton

Ahha; coach :D From Northampton to Brighton huzzar!! Leaving at 8:25 I would get to Brighton fr 14:10 // But would have to catch the 15:00 to be back in Northampton for 20:20. £48.60 For two adult returns, not bad :)

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:51 am

eexcellent... i'm only half hour away near good ol' gatwick airport and by that time i should have passed my driving test so if i can get the day off work i will definitely be up for it!

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:18 am

Awwwwh I so wanna come, especially if there was a halloween swap!
Sadly Brighton is worse for me than Birmingham :(

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:24 am

kezerb wrote:Awwwwh I so wanna come, especially if there was a halloween swap!
Sadly Brighton is worse for me than Birmingham :(
Aww hun I'm so sorry :( It sucks that we're all scattered about so much (and that public transport is so expensive!!!) I will probably organise a Halloween swap anyways, outside of the meet, but maybe do a little handmade swap or something on the day. Or just sweeties or something :)

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:42 am

Goody!
I love halloween :)
Might even have themed dreads in black > green/orange/purple transitionals, curled and with little skull beads on. I thought it looked witchy.
Anyways good luck with the meet :)

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:54 am

kezerb wrote:Goody!
I love halloween :)
Might even have themed dreads in black > green/orange/purple transitionals, curled and with little skull beads on. I thought it looked witchy.
Anyways good luck with the meet :)
I'll try and and organise a Cardiff meet next year - gives me a chance to go see my aunty next year ^_^

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:22 pm

I'd like to come to this. Need to check my diary

Toots

Post by Toots » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:37 pm

I wanna come! ^_^ I'll have to speak to FunkyRapunzel, though, and see if she's up for it! If not, maybe I can convince my hubby.. he's not big on groups of strangers, though. Hehe. I adore Brighton and I had a lot of fun at the London meet up! *Dances about!* And Brighton is closer.

V15U4L 3RR0R

Post by V15U4L 3RR0R » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 pm

Aww if I had the pennies, I would definitely go.

displacedmind

Post by displacedmind » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:53 am

im deff thinking about it, all depends if ihave the money or not. I had so much fun at the london meet <3

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:36 am

i might be able to pop along just to say hi to everyone :), if you all don't mind me bringing my daughter?

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:10 am

I want to come but i'm working til 12 on that day. I can get the train but i wont get there til 3ish...

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Woop! More peeps! ^_^
Jennilox wrote:i might be able to pop along just to say hi to everyone :), if you all don't mind me bringing my daughter?
Of course not!! All are welcome ;)
TenderTendrils wrote:I want to come but i'm working til 12 on that day. I can get the train but i wont get there til 3ish...
Hmm up to you honeybee, would love to have you there! Even if only for a few hours! :)

Gonna start drawing up a list of yes's and maybes now...

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm sure K will be there- she was on the old board, don't know if she's here now but I can pass on any details via myspace? :)
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Funkyrapunzels

Post by Funkyrapunzels » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 am

I'd be up for this. I'm just up the road from Brighton.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”