The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Monique_marion_may

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 am

I feel able to write in here again now... I lost a stone then feel off the bandwagon due mainly to depression and uni pressures. Well the tablets have been doubled now and i'm back on the horse.. have been for three weeks and this morning i hit 7.4 lbs lost... half a stone :D i'm now in the 14 stone bracket which is amazing.. I'm actually very happy with myself - especially seen as last week I only lost 0.8lbs!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 am

Go, Mon! I know how hard it is coupled with depression, you're doing great :D

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:11 am

ShadowThrone wrote:Go, Mon! I know how hard it is coupled with depression, you're doing great :D
Thank you :D things are so much different this time.. I've been three weeks and not craved, or wanted crappy food atall. Before I found it really hard to go a few days sticking to the healthy food.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Starting was no issue for me, staying the course is what I'm finding hard. I find I eat the same things, considering there's 100 foods I can eat, I don't like them all so it's a bit limiting. I've had a naughty weekend too, which won't help. I'm going home now to eat half a chicken :p
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Ok so Day 1 of Dukan done, 5 more on attack for me. Found it ok, though my OH hasn't been very helpful saying why dont I have this or that with my dinner and Im like I would if I could, there is a reason I have on my plate what I have on plate lol.

For breakfast: well I was on annual leave today and made the most of never having a lie in, so I got up at 12. Therefore didn't technically have breakfast I had lunch.

Lunch: greek yoghurt with oat bran
Dinner: spicy turkey meatballs with a spiced yoghurt dip.
snacks: tea with skimmed milk.
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm a terrible person.

I've been back on attack for 2 days, yesterday I had cake & single cream. Today I've had 2 shortbread biscuits. :oops:

Aside from that I haven't really swayed - chicken for dinner, scrambled egg for lunch & yoghurt/oatbran for breakfast. Yesterday I had same breakfast, meatballs for (late) lunch & cereal for dinner.

No weight loss yet....still teetering between 69kg & 67kg. RAEG!!!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Ok attack day 2 done and finding it ok. Not sure if it'll work out so well when im back at work next week.
breakfast: scrambled egg and smoked salmon
Lunch: chicken breast and yoghurt
Dinner: spicy turkey meatballs and dip
Snacks: tea

Away from home Fri night so will be a big test with what I can eat on the menu.

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 pm

I thought that Lesley, but I managed fine at work as long as I took my lunch with me.

Today was a fail. We've been out all day, I've eaten a sausage, a bag of randoms, a cheese scone & a piece of corned beef pie - which was heavenly. ALL DAY. That is it.

I do know someone else just joined Dukan (paran0ir) if anyone remembers her & she's lost almost 4lb in 2 days!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:16 am

I love 2lb from Tuesday to yesterday and will weigh again tonight. But im more a believer of once a week as weigh fluctuates too much for an accurate account of measuring daily. Plus I dont wanna get my hopes u thinking I've lost more weight than I have.

Just had chicken for breakfast. Bizarre!

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

diversityhair

Post by diversityhair » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Im on and off Dukan all the time... arg! so hard.

Ive lost 1 and 3/4 stone so far, but keep going up a few lbs and down again because i give in too much! haha!

Hardest part is thinking of things to eat... but there are some things you can get away with eating that arent strictly on the list, so that makes it easier. It helps you become really good at making homemade sauces :)
http://www.diversityhair.co.uk - NEW SITE 20/06/11
Hair Extensions, Hairdressing and Supplies
http://twitter.com/Jenna_Diversity - Twitter for site updates and everything else
http://www.facebook.com/diversityhair - Diversity Hair facebook page for updates on products, photos etc.

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Me = such a duffus!!! The "fat free" Greek yoghurt I have been consuming over the past week is not not free! I picked u the wrong ruddy one and only noticed when I was washing the tub out for recycling.
So no wonder my weight has gone down much.

So not sure if I should restart attack, or just move on to cruise :?

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 pm

You shouldn't restart Attack at all unless you've been off the diet for months. It can stall your weightloss and it can take a while to get back on track.
*Rule Obsessor*

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Ah thanks for that. Wasn't quite sure what to do. I will continue onto the next phase. Ty.

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Honestly, you'll be fine with it anyway. I think everyone who has done Dukan has had pretty much the same experience with something like that.

I think one of mine was crab sticks. O.o
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, I still eat youghurt, but I'll have one maybe 2 a day three times a week. I found a groove that works for me though. My weightloss stalled at my Dukan Target Weight though & I don't seem to be able to lose any less. I might have to do some research & figure out a way to kick back in to it.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Well I've hit my 1st stone loss. Another 2 - 2 1/2 to go and i'll have reached my goal. Im going to get out the hula hoop tonight and do as long as I can on it.

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Wow. A stone already? that's amazing. I'm still going up & down 3 or 4lb despite eating the same things & do my usual amount of exercise. Beginning to think it's impossible to lose any more as at my lightest in my adult life again. Meh.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks :D Yeah it suprised me too to be honest. I'm determind to get back in some of my old clothes and also go out and buy loads of lovely new ones. I'm hoping by February i'll get there!

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:35 pm

*does a little happy dance*

I now weight 67kg! Or 10st 7lb to those who are "old school" & to our friends across the pond, 147lb.

I'm SO pleased, I've lost the evil kilo and another one - I'm beyond my GW now, which is awesome. My original GW was 65 but dukan suggested 68.5.

I've redidid my measurements:
Chest: 37"
Waist: 32"
Lower waist: 39"
Hips: 42"
Thigh: 22.5"

^^ Early July.

Chest: 37"
Waist: 31.5"
Lower waist: 38"
Hips: 41.5"
Thigh: 22"

^ Now.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 pm

*peeks in*

Hey all...I'm currently on the diet wagon for the first time in years. I'm actually feeling really motivated. I've cut out ALL sugary snacks, crisps, fizzy drinks and alcohol and I felt like total shit for the first three days, but I think I've turned a corner now. I'm starting to notice my energy levels are a bit better.

I'm not following anything specific, I'm just seeing how I do off my own back for a few weeks. If it works, then I'll stick to it, if it doesn't then I'll try something more structured. I'm looking to lose 2 stone to start with...I'm happy for it to take a while. I hope to have got rid of a decent chunk before the end of the year :)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Doing the same myself, gained about half a stone, maybe more over the summer so am now getting back on the horse to get rid of it again. Going to do regular zumba classes again and am trying to eat as healthy as possible, even got a juicer to get more vegetables down me!
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm

My 67kg was short lived & soon went back to 69kg which was my Dukan GW. I'm not arsed really as sticking to PP & PV on Dukan wasn't actually making me lose any more.

My main issue is I'm in between sizes (12 in tops/dresses but a 14 in trousers from most shops) It's not enough to motivate me to do anything about it though. My eating habits have changed as dukan is about a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet per se, so I've not gained anything. I cba with exercise most of the time, working 10 days in a row at work the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was exercise.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:22 am

That's understandable...anyone would be knackered after that!

I'm feeling good today, I feel smaller already. Even if it's just psychological, it's a good motivator. I'll know for sure on Wednesday when I weigh myself.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

acia lust

Post by acia lust » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 pm

i just joined weight watchers a month ago. i like it, but i'm so flakey about keeping trackof my food intake. i lost 2 pounds, my first week, then fell off the horse and gained it back and then lost one of the pounds. it sucks when you're also battling with binge eating and have a thyroid issue. i know theres nothing easy about losing weight but dammit i need to get some help getting in full gear >.<;
the latest meeting i went to, they told us to write a list of reasons to lose weight. i have 3 pages. 3. pages. somethings not clicking here lol

any advice? i also don't have a meeting buddy. i'm sure that's also whats making it a bit hard.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

So I'm no longer trying to diet even if I still have weight to lose. However in my non-diet, I'm still kinda doing well although I think that is due to the new job. I haven't really lost weight but inches have gone.

Started at:
Bust: 47"
Underbust: 42"
Waist: 40"
Lower Waist: 46"
Hips: 45"

Then:
Bust: 43"
Underbust: 36"
Waist: 34"
Lower Waist: 39"
Hips: 40"

Now:
Bust: 41"
Underbust: 36"
Waist: 32"
Lower Waist: 38"
Hips: 40"
Arms: 12"
Thighs: 21"

Pretty damn happy with my new waist. Probably is, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep this job up for. :( But somehow even though I eat crap all the time, I've managed to keep my weight stable for the last three months. I keep feeling I'm cheating somehow as it isn't meant to work that way. >.<
*Rule Obsessor*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”