The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 am

I read it as being more honest than negative. You're right though, different things work for different people. In a way I am looking for a quick fix because I'm right at the end and I'm lacking motivation (ridiculously!) :lol:
it does sound more like something to use when you need to get started on dropping quite a bit of weight. I hope it works for you :) believe me, it's all worth it!

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 am

No diet for me, just eating healthily and exercising alot. I'm down 9 pounds so far, which isn't great, but since i've started i've also gained 6 pounds. This is due to major depression and shit in my life. I've just been going home and there is too much temptation at home - like bread!! I forgot aswell, i left all my xmas chocolate at home so when i went back with my depression, it was all there, in a box, next to my bed. Fuuuuuuu.

Common Amy!! You can do it!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Wh00p... I have lost 4.4lbs since Monday aaand I'm exactly 3lbs off from losing my first stone. :D

I worry that things might go awry as I start with my period but fingers crossed. :D
*Rule Obsessor*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote: Common Amy!! You can do it!
:lol: thanks!

Well done Vics!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

One protein a week? WTAF?!

Well done Vics though, that is amazing progress.

I could live without fruit, I do anyway. I rarely, if ever eat it.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Im available as a free of charge dukan coach if anyone needs me :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 pm

patricia*star wrote:Im available as a free of charge dukan coach if anyone needs me :D
Can you message me the basics please hon. I'm intrigued.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks everyone. :D I think my major issue with the diet is that I cannot eat with the family anymore and not only that but everyone had sausages at dinner and damn, I wanted one. If it was just me and Tom, it would be different as he would eat the same as me plus bread or pasta etc. :(

If you want a few online resources, I'll post the links I have most been using. I have the book now because I found it in a charity shop, woo! However it is now quite outdated. One of the things the book says is never ever ever use oil not even olive oil for the benefits. A change was made to accomodate the Mediterranean lifestyle and now you can have one teaspoon of oil in a day.

http://thedukandietsite.com/
http://mydukandiary.com/dukan_diet_allo ... _list.html
http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010/04/ ... iet-works/
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbook ... ook=231611
http://dukanitout.com/
*Rule Obsessor*

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Well I've lost my first stone. :D In just over a month. Lets hope I can keep it up. I want my second stone lost by the end of April as then I'd be pre-steriod weight for my birthday. :D Woo!
*Rule Obsessor*

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Well done Vicsarina! And go Amy - you can do it!

As for me, well, the weight loss stalled a bit after Xmas, I never quite got back on track with the low-carb diet after the few days off I allowed myself at Xmas, compounded by the fact that I knew I wouldn't be sticking to low-carb while I was on holiday in February. However, the good news is that even without doing low-carb properly since Xmas, I haven't gained back any of the stone that I lost, so I haven't backtracked at all. And this is proof that once I'm back on track for losing with low-carb and I get to my goal weight, I can eat carbs in moderation and not put it back on. So as of Wednesday, I am back on strict low-carb to lose 3 or 4 more stone. I don't like to give myself strict goal weights, as I tend to judge more on how my clothes fit and whether or not I'm happy with how I look, so my plan is to get down to 9 1/2 stone, and if I'm happy with how I look/how my clothes fit then I'll stop, or if not, I'll go for another stone down to 8 1/2 stone (I'm only tiny by the way, 5'1" tall, so 8 1/2 stone is not an unreasonably low weight for my height! Don't want anyone to think I'm going too far or are in danger of getting scarily or unhealthily skinny!)
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Hope it's ok to join this thread. I need to get my bmi below 30 to be be accepted for ivf treatment, so I suppose I've got a pretty big goal to work towards. :i2:
When I first went to the gp my BMI was 39. I started properly dieting in January. My beginning weight was 14.11. I really can't cook so decided to order one of the diet delivery packages I started with my food and am now using diet chef (as it was a lot cheaper). Currently my weight is hovering around 14- 13.11 and I'm having trouble shifting anymore weight.
I have only been drinking water tea and hot choc as a treat. I have cut out all deserts but have been eating cereal bars to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Exercise wise I have to be very careful as I have hyper mobility syndrome and can pull and sprain muscles really easily. This has been really frustrating for me as something always hurts and I find it very painful to be on my feet for to long. After I work out I always feel very tired as my HMS means my muscles have to work twice as much. What I have been managing is water aerobics and aqua zumba for an a hour a week and I am starting pilates as I've been told this will help.

Can anyone give any advice of how I can lose more weight as after losing a lot in the first 2 months it seems to have slowed now. My BMI is 34 which is alot better but still need to bring it down.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Well for a start, I'd be very wary of those cereal bars. The thing I've found about this new diet is that you should always check the nutritional values of everything. If something says "No Fat", check how much sugar has been added. Generally it is quite a lot. Even stuff that says "No added sugar" is often quite high in sugar, it just means it is from more natural sources. Still not all that good for you.
*Rule Obsessor*

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:22 pm

I'll keep saying it Sally, get your ass to slimming world! It really really really does work and you don't have to be an amazing cook or anything on it. It's a sensible way to lose weight and it won't make you feel crap either.
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:48 pm

I would advice cutting out white carbs if you haven't already, because you'll get hungry quicky when you've had those, try wholegrain stuff, fruit and protein as snacks, and lots of veg with dinner. As for the cereal bars, I like them too, but tbh you might be better off with some dark chocolate as a treat. I got my BMI down from 37 to normal, it is possible, good luck :D

Freakonaleash

Post by Freakonaleash » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I don't post on the forum regularly anymore but thought it was about time i joined this thread.

Started slimming world end of november last year and to date have lost 1 stone 8.5 lbs, gone down almost 2 dress sizes which im pleased about :)
Been a little bit up and down lately but i'm putting that down to lack of support. The boyfriend and I were doing it together but lately he has become to involved with being the joker of our group so don't get much encouragement from him lately......time for some self empowerment :lol:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Right back on the wagon to get to my hopefully final goal of 65 kgs ( 10 stone 2 I think) I'm now 70 kgs so it's not actually that much :lol:

well done to everyone that's been losing :D

darklove

Post by darklove » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:01 am

*relly should start posting more *
ive been trying to lose weight or even stay the same weight for years now but ive allways given in to the foods i know i shouldnt eat but for awhile now ive been cuting down how much meat ,eggs and milk i eat .

ive been able to stay the same weight now for the past few mounths so im really happy and im changing a few things in my diet soon so hopefully i will start loseing weight.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sat May 12, 2012 7:48 am

I'm currently the lowest weight i have been in over 6 years. Including the last time I frequented this chat when I was dieting and upping my activity limit.

The only time I have weighed less than I am now since I have been an adult was when I was at Uni in Cornwall, couldn't afford to eat and then moved home to work 54 hours spread over 6 days a week as a waitress. However at that time I was wearing size 14s and I'm currently almost into size 14s now, so I haven't got that long to go. Yay. :)
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun May 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Well done viva!

I'm joining you all with gusto. Richard and I are doing to dukan thing starting on tuesday; today he's had bread and real sugar, he's aiming for 15 st and dukan says he'll get that by august. I'm after losing a stone I think, my belly flab has finally annoyed me enough to do something about it.

Lisa sent me some advice as did another friend. I'm gonna miss noodles and cereal. So yeah. *waves* I know you all know me, but this is probably the first ever time I'm gonna be doing anything aside from calorie counting.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sun May 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Try and find the shirataki noodles. They're allowed all the way through Dukan.

They're not cheap though. :(

Also, have a forum. There are some good recipes on there if you are interested as well as some good information.

I have other links, but I'm sure you don't want to drown in information. >.<
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun May 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah, I've just seen those noodles on Facebook. Thanks Vics, feel free to PM me links, I'd love more info. I'm actually looking forward to trying this. Atkins is definitely not for us, I need coffee. I think it'll take some getting used to, but as we're doing it together I think it'll be easier as we can "support" each other and it saves me from preparing 3 or 4 different meals.

I've been and bought food today, cost me £40. But that included normal stuff, cos I still need to feed the children ;)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah it is quite expensive. Where do you do your shopping? I know I have to go to two different stores(Asda and Tesco) and sometimes even two different Tescos to get what I need. >.<

I'll have a look through my links and get back to you. I suggest you don't bother trying to bake Dukan Bread. After about twelve attempts(with and without the breadmaker) I gave up. Its horrid.

Also, the diet does vary between countries. I know the French one is hugely different. They use Protifar which is a protein powder and I think I even saw one use paraffin oil(whut?). I saw this because one of my best links happens to be a French one. They have the most recipes ever and thanks to Google Chrome, I don't struggle to read it. Just be wary about what you can and have from it.
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon May 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Yeah, asda and Tesco for us too. I'll have to get oat bran from Holland and Barrett when I go back to work.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Good luck, Sarah :D

I've decided to go back to calorie counting after my holiday. I've put on a couple of kg's, clothes all fit and whatnot, but meh. I'll stick to what I did before, lowish carb, but not strict, and loads of protein and veg. Plus all the gym sessions I've been doing, should get me feeling less wobbly, and some weight off.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Tesco usually sells Oat Bran. Although its around £2 a pack, I can't imagine Holland and Barratts being any cheaper. ¬_¬
*Rule Obsessor*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”