The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Tainted

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by Tainted » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:37 am

:shock: well done Liz.

3 Stone is awesome :i6:

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Tainted wrote:
sashyy wrote:Managed to get hold of all the slimming world books and started monday just gone,
i was 12st3 and im at 11st13, its really weird i feel like im still eating what i normally would but just smaller portions and losing weight!
wanna get down to about 9st and im using download festival as my goal,
i was knackered this year walking around all the time!
soo june here i come!
Well done Sash.

Download last year was what made me seriously think about my fitness too.

Our local swimming pool is closed for rebrub right noe and I really want to get back into water aerobics so I think I'm going to have to travel further a field as just walking the dog is not getting those pounds off at all.
Download was a nightmare!
the walk from the campsite to the arena killed me and my knees where killing from holding me up all day !
im to embarrassed to go swimming mainly because i cant swim :lol:

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:36 pm

sashyy wrote: im to embarrassed to go swimming mainly because i cant swim :lol:
When I used to go to the gym I would just move about in the water and make my own aquarobics or something. Or I'd just run up and down and stuff.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 pm

sashyy wrote: im to embarrassed to go swimming mainly because i cant swim :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, last time I went swimming, I did a few lengths then stood up and leant against the side to catch my breath. After about 30 seconds I looked down and realised the front of my swimsuit had come down and I was flashing a pool full of old people!

Think of that when you feel embarrassed!! :P
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Well done Liz!

I always treat myself to something nice after my Wednesday evening weigh-in, it gives me something to look forward to at the weekend when I'm craving something sweet. I just make sure I don't have anything too bad - I used to pig out on Ben & Jerry's after getting weighed and then I'd spend all next week trying to work it off before the next weigh-in!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am

cyberwench wrote:Well done Liz!

I always treat myself to something nice after my Wednesday evening weigh-in, it gives me something to look forward to at the weekend when I'm craving something sweet. I just make sure I don't have anything too bad - I used to pig out on Ben & Jerry's after getting weighed and then I'd spend all next week trying to work it off before the next weigh-in!
I am bad with that. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the cravings and the dreaded 'after weigh in treat'? I am terrible at stuffing myself for the sake of it, and then thats how I stay the same weight. What about if people posted some tasty treats which feel naughty but aren't?

I used to always have either a baked apple or banana with quark. The apple would have cinnamon mixed with the quark and the banana id mix Options hot chocolate with the quark, so you could pick the flavour.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm not on WW or SW or anything like that - I'd completely forget to check online, or just never go to the meetings. Let alone be bothered working out points and stuff :/ I am verrrry lazy. I mostly just eat stirfrys.

But it seems to be working alreet, along with living at the top of a mahooooosive hill because between the beginning of November and the christmas holidays I'd lost around a stone and a half without actually putting any effort in. Which was a nice surprise, even if all my clothes are now too big.

My main problem is the co-op over the road always has offers on biscuits and cakes and stuff.. and I can quite happily sit and munch on a packet of biscuits and before I know it they're all gone

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm not on Weight Watchers or anything but I thought this was the best place to pat myself on the back because since the New Year I've lost 6lbs :D
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Well done iamtheparty! I know this is the WW thread but some of us are or was on SW too, so I think its the general weight loss/anger at gain/advice thread!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Despite having WAY too much ice cream and chocolate (I blame stress) and not taking my exercise as seriously as I should be, I've lost 7kg. :D

My boyfriend's mum has the Weight Watchers books so I might follow that and see how it works out.
More human than human

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm back on the wagon :lol: still doing my own thing / the paul mckenna golden rules as well, have been exercising and being careful of my calories for 4 weeks now and have lost 9lbs, 3 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips :D My initial target is to lose another 28lbs by summer(so june / july).

I've been doing the 'natalie cassidy then and now workout' everyday(apart from the ocassional day when I'm super busy) and on mon / thurs nights I've been doing the 'jennifer ellison west end workout' which is fantastic because it's a dance workout and you concentrate so much on getting the moves right / timing and wiggling your hips etc that you don't even ralise your sweating, I love it :D
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:29 pm

~Azaezl~ wrote:Then missanthropik posted a link to a weightloss site which is fantastic! It works out how many cals to have a day to lose up to a max of 2lbs a week based on your height, current weight, age, amount of exercise you do etc.
Which site is this? I don't think I've seen it before!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

The website is http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/ but you have to pay, Miss liberty posted a link(think it was in the obsessions thread) to an identical type of site but it's better because it's free :D http://www.thedailyplate.com/ I've been using the daily plate to track my food but haven't done so for a few weeks as I'm pretty confident about keeping track alone(plus I kept forgetting to input my food / drink). I've lost a further 4lbs but haven't been exercising as much because I hurt my leg but that's the good thing about the dailyplate/weightloss resouce, you can work out what amount of calories you should have to lose 2lbs a week based on how active you are, so I inputted that I don't exercise at all that way days when I'm too busy or tired then my calorie allowance ensures I still lose weight. Or if I do exercise it gives me a further 400 calories to play with so if I'm a little bit peckish after lunch I can have a snack without it affecting my diet or I can have slightly higher calorie meals but I try not to use my exercise calories at all.

So how is everyone else doing? :D
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 pm

So I havent lost anything since feb but i have put 2 pounds back on :(
I am finding it really hard doing slimming world and Im not feeling any good about it just getting pissed off being fussy about making food :@!
I dont no whether to go to my doctor and see if I can get any sort of help either pills, or go a see a nurtitionist,
My hypermobility is getting worse as well and Im just getting fed up!
And I have only got one pair of jeans I can get into!
I dont no what to do ! :cry:

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 pm

I've managed to lose 8lbs so far. All I'm trying to do is not snack and eat better. It's taking a while, but I know I will stick to this as I still get to eat a "normal" tea at the end of the day.
I should probably start doing some exercise too...
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 pm

sashyy wrote: I dont no whether to go to my doctor and see if I can get any sort of help either pills, or go a see a nurtitionist,
Well unless you are morbidly obese they won't give you pills, and I have been on a waiting list for a nutritionist (not for weight loss, just other reasons), for three months now and haven't heard anything yet.

To be honest, what can a nutritionist tell you that you don't already know or can't look up on the internet? Azaezl is proof you don't need to have a 'club' to lose weight.

Hell, since there isn't really a vegan way to do slimming world I've scrapped that and I've even lost 8lbs in the past 4 weeks by not eating more than I need to and exercising!

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 am

Lorny wrote: To be honest, what can a nutritionist tell you that you don't already know or can't look up on the internet?
as a nutritionist that statement is insulting. most of what is on the internet is bull. and if it were all so easy everyone would be at their ideal body weight/size and you wouldn't have people struggling with different fad diets and misinformation. there's a reason i had to go to college to learn exactly how the body works on a molecular level, the psychology of our patients (how to engage them so they get the best results), medical nutrition therapy, weight loss, sports nutrition, vitamins and minerals, and so so much more. i dont know about in the uk, but in the us you need at least a bachlor's to practice nutrition and i am learning even more about it while getting my masters. we have a lot more to offer as far as weight loss goes then you might think. so please dont belittle my profession that i am so passionate about. ;)
*Manda*

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:49 pm

CancerHybrid wrote:
Lorny wrote: To be honest, what can a nutritionist tell you that you don't already know or can't look up on the internet?
as a nutritionist that statement is insulting. most of what is on the internet is bull. and if it were all so easy everyone would be at their ideal body weight/size and you wouldn't have people struggling with different fad diets and misinformation. there's a reason i had to go to college to learn exactly how the body works on a molecular level, the psychology of our patients (how to engage them so they get the best results), medical nutrition therapy, weight loss, sports nutrition, vitamins and minerals, and so so much more. i dont know about in the uk, but in the us you need at least a bachlor's to practice nutrition and i am learning even more about it while getting my masters. we have a lot more to offer as far as weight loss goes then you might think. so please dont belittle my profession that i am so passionate about. ;)
A nutritionist is a good person to have if you're in recovery for an eating disorder no matter what type it is. So if you're trying to lose weight and you have COE/BED, it is a good idea to have a nutritionist on hand.

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Seriously thinking about joining Slimming World as there's one in Rushden :D

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Mischief wrote:
CancerHybrid wrote:
A nutritionist is a good person to have if you're in recovery for an eating disorder no matter what type it is. So if you're trying to lose weight and you have COE/BED, it is a good idea to have a nutritionist on hand.
I wasn't belittling anything, and I'm not saying a nutritionist isn't clever. I know about eating disorders and all that, but I am just saying a failed attempt at Slimming World doesn't mean to say there is something wrong which needs one. I know nothing about if Sashyy has an eating disorder, this is just about losing weight, and most people will say to burn off more calories than you take in, simple as.

Talk to people in health shops, they can give you advice too.

*EDIT* Cuz I submitted before I was finished. SW tells you you can eat as much white rice and potatoes as you possibly can, and to limit things like nuts and seeds. What they don't tell you is that the rice and potatoes won't help you slim, and that fat from nuts and seeds doesn't make you fat.

And again for grammar.

Oh, and I don't think SW teaches anything about self control when eating. The whole eating what you like business is all very well, but that's where I failed. I was too damn greedy and that's why I was so fat. I'm not saying Sashyy was greedy, but maybe SW just wasn't the diet for her. They say that if SW doesn't work, then WW will. Unfortunately I have no money to be joining slimming clubs again, but just generally eating less and healthier foods is working a charm.

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Lorny wrote:

I wasn't belittling anything, and I'm not saying a nutritionist isn't clever. I know about eating disorders and all that, but I am just saying a failed attempt at Slimming World doesn't mean to say there is something wrong which needs one. I know nothing about if Sashyy has an eating disorder, this is just about losing weight, and most people will say to burn off more calories than you take in, simple as.

*EDIT* Cuz I submitted before I was finished. SW tells you you can eat as much white rice and potatoes as you possibly can, and to limit things like nuts and seeds. What they don't tell you is that the rice and potatoes won't help you slim, and that fat from nuts and seeds doesn't make you fat.

And again for grammar.

Oh, and I don't think SW teaches anything about self control when eating. The whole eating what you like business is all very well, but that's where I failed. I was too damn greedy and that's why I was so fat. I'm not saying Sashyy was greedy, but maybe SW just wasn't the diet for her. They say that if SW doesn't work, then WW will. Unfortunately I have no money to be joining slimming clubs again, but just generally eating less and healthier foods is working a charm.
[/quote]

I understand what your saying,
I dont have any eating disorders but as you said i was to greedy when doing SW, eating at many home made chips as i could,
I cant really exercise becuase of my hypermobility so i thought maybe a nutrionist may be to help make a action plan or somethings,
I cant get my head around WW and i dont have any money to join plus i dont have one in my area,
I just need either a kick up arse or something to shock into reality about my weight,
I have no concept on what size i am eg looking at other women i have no idea what size i am compared to them, need somone to tell me straight!
not sure what to do :x

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 pm

sashyy wrote:
Lorny wrote:

And again for grammar.

I understand what your saying,
I dont have any eating disorders but as you said i was to greedy when doing SW, eating at many home made chips as i could,
I cant really exercise becuase of my hypermobility so i thought maybe a nutrionist may be to help make a action plan or somethings,
I cant get my head around WW and i dont have any money to join plus i dont have one in my area,
I just need either a kick up arse or something to shock into reality about my weight,
I have no concept on what size i am eg looking at other women i have no idea what size i am compared to them, need somone to tell me straight!
[/quote]

I've been there, honestly I have. I had no idea how big size 20 was until I try my old trousers on (I'm now a 14). I thought I looked just like everyone else, and that I didn't really need to lose weight since I 'wasn't that much bigger than the skinnies'. Man, was I in denial. Again, it's not until I look at trousers I used to wear that I realise how big I was.

It was really hard work getting my brain into gear. To eat only what I needed, and trying to cook only what I needed. It's taken me months to do it, but I'm on a good track now. Seriously, you'll be waiting ages for a nutritionist so talk to a health shop person. I speak to them all the time and learn so many new things about eating that I never even thought of before.

*EDIT* Even as my weight slowly crept up in the three years, I didn't even notice it happening. I mean, I knew I was putting on weight but it never really sunk in. I'd go up a size and stay there for a while, and cuz I was used to that size, going up one more was just 'one more'. I was about 14.7st once, and I STILL didn't see it. I was still trying to get into size 16's and wondering why I wouldn't go in, blaming it on the media, so that the sizes were all smaller than they should be. When actually, it was just my big arse generally not fitting into anything...

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:26 pm

sashyy wrote:
Lorny wrote:

i understand what your saying,
I've been there, honestly I have. I had no idea how big size 20 was until I try my old trousers on (I'm now a 14). I thought I looked just like everyone else, and that I didn't really need to lose weight since I 'wasn't that much bigger than the skinnies'. Man, was I in denial. Again, it's not until I look at trousers I used to wear that I realise how big I was.

It was really hard work getting my brain into gear. To eat only what I needed, and trying to cook only what I needed. It's taken me months to do it, but I'm on a good track now. Seriously, you'll be waiting ages for a nutritionist so talk to a health shop person. I speak to them all the time and learn so many new things about eating that I never even thought of before.
Thanks Lorny,
I just need to realise how bad things are, im just hoping it will get better :/
My knees would be so much better if i lost weight its just so hard especially when im denying it all,
i just dont have the will power,
I need to find it from somewhere!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:07 pm

You will find it! Sometimes it takes longer than for other people. Like I said, it took years to realise, then another year of failed diets, then months of getting my eating habits into gear. Can you not try light exercising like walking? Anything is better than nothing. :)

*EDIT* The best thing I found with trying to lose weight is to not eat too late. I don't eat after 7 unless it is a very light light meal, like a couple of cracker bread things with a low fat topping. I still have days where I eat chocolate and dumplings and all sorts, but I eat a little of it, and even when I don't do a lot of exercise I can still lose weight.

Just have to remember that any weight loss is better than no weight loss. :)

co0kie_x

Post by co0kie_x » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:05 pm

i thought id pop in here and post my recent loss even tho im not on weight watchers or anything liek that.

about a month ago i started working out every 2nd day, slowly to start with since my body wasnt used to it. 40mins or so with walking and i can now jog/run. i also do ciricut workouts which kill but are so worth it.. im thinking of buying an cross trainer to help myself more.
so in a month ive lost 4-5inches around my waist and 13pounds :]

in the earlier days i lost 2-4 pounds just from dropping all drinks that contained sugar..
yay im so pleased but my goal is to loose another 18kilos which is liek 39 pounds i think.. =D

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”