The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
zaahn

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by zaahn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Im not doing very well at the moment :( I got weighed tonight and gained a pound. I have just installed some dreads (that weighed a bit over 1lb) but that just means i've been the same weight for 3 weeks now :(

Im having trouble saying no to alcohol and eating out with friends on the weekends :( Does anybody have any motivational thoughts or tips?
http://www.zaahndreads.co.uk - Dedicated to bringing you high quality synthetic dreads for over 10 years.

http://www.katiestainer.co.uk - Contemporary origami jewellery and accessories.

Freakonaleash

Post by Freakonaleash » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:47 pm

ive been following the weight watchers points system for a year and a half now.in the first 3months or so i lost a stone and a half. then started uni, was having the contraceptive injection and put on half a stone. Was put on xenical orlistat 6 weeks ago, i get weighed every 4 weeks. at my first weigh in i had lost 5 pounds. i havent lost much more yet (which im thinking is due to the fact its the lady time of the month).ive been walking lots, but what im missing is the gym and swimming (the gyms near me only allow you in with membership,cant do single sessions,and im not here for most of the year so no point in me getting a membership).

Ive sorted out my membership for the gym at uni so will be starting at the end of the month when i move back up. i really cant wait. ive lost the happy feeling i had when i started to lose weight on the tablet..now im just feeling depressed which is never good

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:17 pm

ROLE CALL!!
How is everyone doing?
Weighed in this morning 10 lbs away from goal... I might make goal for haloween yet! ;D

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm doing terribley, I used my birthday as a reason to binge and I piled on 8lbs in 10 days :shock: I've managed to lose 5lbs of it, my willpower is awful!!
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Mine isn't great >__< I've just started not buying snacks at all, not even weight watcher friendly ones, because I always overdo it! :lol:

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:19 pm

I lost 2 stone and 2 dress sizes about 4 years ago via www.weightlossresources.co.uk which was excellent for me as it allowed me to keep track of absolutely everything I was eating. As soon as I unsubscribed from the site the weight slowly crept back on.

Right now I have lost almost a stone in less than a week due to stress, but I don't recommend that to anyone. I'm going to take it as a starting point though and get back into my dieting routine, once I can actually face the thought of food again.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm tempted to ask for a membership for my 16th birthday, I'm not horribly overweight (I weighed 11 and a half stone last time I checked) but I still need the support and I find it really very difficult to lose weight because my eating habits are constantly changing, I go to the gym for 3 hours once a week (I've got school so Saturday's my only choice really.)
I really want to get down to 8 stone, maybe 8 and a half, or just enough that I can be healthier.
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

Freakonaleash

Post by Freakonaleash » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:53 pm

im so pleased with myself right now. just got back from my second weigh in at the doctors since being on xenical (and still attempting to use the weight watchers points system).
i didnt think i had lost anything since my 1st weigh in as my scales at home are rubbish and have shown me at the same weight for ages.

but i have lost another 4 pounds :D totalling up at 9pounds in 8 weeks! i know it may not be alot compared to some peoples loss but its made me feel so positive and good about myself :mrgreen:

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Man i wish i could punch some of you girls :lol: 12lbs off your taget, pfft! Well done btw!

I rejoined last week, weighing at 22stone. Holy F*CK

Last year i joined at 20st, lost 5st, set my target at 13st7lbs. Quit for xmas and never went back so i have gained 7stone in 9 months.

Im just shy of 6ft tall and people do the whole 'you dont look 22st' with me but boy do i feel it. A combo of depression and life kicking me down over and over lead to binge eating, lack of exercise and generally feeling sorry for myself and -oh-look-at-those-malteasters-

I've had huge, massive issues with food for well over 10 years now. Junk was banned when i was a kid/teen and my mum constantly put me down for being a big girl (i was a size 16 - 18 at 16/17yrs old and about the same height as i am now)

But, as of 4 weeks ago im now single, and i totally hate myself. I rejoined properly on Tuesday gone, 22st hmph. Nice round figure thou :lol: :cry: :(

Back in the gym tonight and dreading it. BUT it helps me a millionfold to be training, and generally i feel better.

Lorny - please dont quit, you will regret it. Have a week where you stay 110% on plan, do a bit of exercise and see how you do

anyone out there whos failing, slipping - dont give up, dont do what i did. Gaining 7st in 9 months has a huge impact on everything in your life, not just your bodyshape. Please, please dont stop!

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:19 am

im gonna start again
He who rules the spice,Rules the world!
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:19 am

grrr!! I dont know what's wrong with me. I want to lose weight, I know how to do it but I cant stop eating things that are bad for me. It's almost like an addiction! In fact, I found it easier to quit smoking than I do to lose weight!! I think i'm destined to be chubby all my life :(
I find it really depressing that I spent my teenage years believing I was fat (I was a size 10/12)
and now that I am fat (size 18/20) I wish I looked the way I did when I was 18 :(

Leea

Post by Leea » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Thats typical hun :x we dnt realise what we had until its gone/changed :evil: iv always had issues with my weight although im like 4 stone lighter than I was when I was at skewl an iv lost about 8lbs since I Conceived , Im Just feelin good at the mo! for the 1st time ever :i6: ,, But Im still classed as over weight at 10st 3lbs,,, But i get ye food is an addiction for sure!! although I aint been able to eat what I want an feel like for nearly past 5 months :i9: My Eyes are deffo bigger than my bellie :mrgreen: Be easier if we had set meals, made for us then we wouldnt need 2 go food shoppin<-- temptation number 1 .. or even go near the kitchen <--- temptation number 2 ,,, im really good with cooking if its not just for me! I have more enthusiasm when Im doin something for someone else Otherwise pre-pregnancy I'l just snack :? n then feel Sh*t about it an hate myself ....x.x.x.....

Amelia_G

Post by Amelia_G » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm coming to join in with the thread in the hope of booting myself into losing the 1st 5lb I want to get rid of!

Since the start of the year I've managed to drop from 11st 7lb to 10st 5lb, but I seem to have got stuck now. I suspect the loss is mostly down to cutting out dairy produce and chips and switching from part time to full time at work. After cancelling my gym membership a few months ago due to simply not having the time or energy to go regularly enough to justify the cost, I've been lax on the exercise front.

I've bought a rowing machine which i can just hop on anytime I feel like it, and have been trying to use it for at least 15 minutes a day. I've sorted out my swimming gear and put the bag in the car so I'm going to drive the 10 minutes into town twice a week after work and have a swim, too.

I'm considering joining WW online, because I really do tend to get on better with a more structured plan of what I'm supposed to be eating (otherwise I tend to go 'ah, bugger it' and graze on crisps and whatnot) and with working nights, online is likely to work out better for me than finding time to get to a meeting.

Now that I've committed myself to this in public, I'll update on my (hopeful) progress ;)

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:08 am

Anyone know any good diet recipe websites ?
Im running outta foods that I can eat
and Im getting sick of salads
He who rules the spice,Rules the world!
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

DropDeadDani

Post by DropDeadDani » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:41 pm

i have alot of my fiance'ss grans old ww books and i havent read any of them hardly yet
im working 5 days a week and i dnt have the money to sign up for it...
so ill have to go on what the books say!

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 pm

I feel like such an idiot, I keep getting so close to my goal weight (and I want to get down a lot less than my official goal) and then blowing it.

The other month I was only 4 pounds away from goal! I've lost that much before in a week if I've really concentrated, but ever since then I haven't stopped pigging out and I must have put on at least half a stone (didn't go last week, I was too scared :( )

It's almost as if I have to sabotage myself. I think a lot of it is that I need something to do with my hands and mouth, because when I do go through periods of starting smoking again the weight loss is definitely easier (been smoke-free this time since September, yay!). If I'm on the computer, like now, then it's fine because I'm not eating. But if I want to watch a tv programme or a film I can't seem to do it without having something to eat. I'm sure it's just a boredom thing, as most of the time I don't even enjoy what I'm eating. I've joined the gym again but for some reason I seem to eat more when I'm exercising regularly, maybe I'm telling myself that it's OK and I've earned it!

Hopefully posting about it here with other people who have the same problems will help me become more motivated. I wish this was something I could talk about with my fiance but he has opposite issues with food so we only end up getting frustrated at each other!

LisEnthusiasm

Post by LisEnthusiasm » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm wanting to join this in the new year. Since moving to Sheffield I've managed to put on about 2-2.5 stone in just over a year, none of my clothes fit, I feel repulsive and it's just generally having an awful effect on my mental health. I don't feel healthy for it either.

So I was looking up a meeting local to me, how much it all costs etc and found the info-then remembered this thread from a while back so thought I'd jump on the bandwagon :lol:

Only thing putting me off is I would be going by myself! I think the first one by me in jan looks to be Jan 10th so I'm going to give it a go, and hopefully soon look GOOD in all the lovely clothes I have which don't fit me anymore!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:51 pm

I have to get back on track. I reckon I've put on 4lbs in this couple of xmas days and thats a punch in the nose itself. I just hope my boyfriend can help too but it doesn't help that I have a strop whenever he says no to me eating something naughty. I need to get it into my head that eating crap and over eating is making me fat.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Lorny wrote:I have to get back on track. I reckon I've put on 4lbs in this couple of xmas days and thats a punch in the nose itself. I just hope my boyfriend can help too but it doesn't help that I have a strop whenever he says no to me eating something naughty. I need to get it into my head that eating crap and over eating is making me fat.
Don't beat yourself up about putting on weight over Christmas. I'm now only 3lbs from goal and I've taken two days off over Crimbo. At the end of the day, you'll gain 4-7 lbs on average over Christmas so that'll only set you back a few weeks. You can always just loose it if you stick to WW!
As always, if you're having trouble, make 0 points things like ratatouille, soup or cabbage leaf veggie rolls.

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:22 pm

heyy,
just found this thread,
sorry for hijacking but i have a few questions!
i am only 5'3 and weight 12st 2 so thats makes my BMI 30 so im classed as obese
i have no will power at all but i need to loose the weight!
what is xenical orlistat like?
my doctor has advised me that i need to loose weight beacuse i have this problem called hyper mobility where my joints are all dodgy so it would make movement for me much easier!
do you think beacuse i have already been advised to loose weight i would have an option of taking xenical orlistat ?
thanks alot!
and again sorry for all the questions :) !

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 pm

sashyy wrote:heyy,
just found this thread,
my doctor has advised me that i need to loose weight beacuse i have this problem called hyper mobility where my joints are all dodgy so it would make movement for me much easier!
do you think beacuse i have already been advised to loose weight i would have an option of taking xenical orlistat ?
thanks alot!
Hmm. I was 12 stone when I started dieting and 11 stone when I started weight watchers.
I'm 5'3".
Stuff medication, do it the proper way. It's more rewarding and it means you won't have baggy skin.
At your weight your doctor will not give you the meds, and if he does, that's not healthy at all.
I can't excersize because I'm not well and I'm now 8 and a half stone.
It can be done. Medication/Surgery should be treated as an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 pm

LizSherman wrote:
just found this thread,
thanks alot!
Hmm. I was 12 stone when I started dieting and 11 stone when I started weight watchers.
I'm 5'3".
Stuff medication, do it the proper way. It's more rewarding and it means you won't have baggy skin.
At your weight your doctor will not give you the meds, and if he does, that's not healthy at all.
It can be done. Medication/Surgery should be treated as an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.
you do go to classes or anything?
think i would be really embarrassed!
do you do points of anything ?
sasha x

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:24 pm

I do it all online :) It's really easy to sign up and follow and it's worked a charm for me. I can't reccomend Weight Watchers enough! :D

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:17 pm

I've decided to finally start taking weight loss seriously as I've been unhappy with myself all my life, and I'm sick of being all mopey and such about my appearance. I'm 5'9" and about 80-85kg (12.6-13.3 stone says google). My diet is already healthy but I don't exercise very often at all, even though I love it. I want to start 30 minutes of jump-rope and yoga plus walking whenever I can fit it in to lose it, because I do love exercising but due to living in a horrible neighbourhood (I can hear a drive-by shooting right now!) I can only do things at home. I'd love to invest in an exercise bike too because when I used to go to the gym, which I left because I was so self conscious around all the super buff guys, I always went to the exercise bike classes and had a blast! It's funny how exercise can be so addictive...

I've already lost about 5-10kg by going vegan 2 years back - no meat and fatty junk food and more veggies and fruit had a great impact on my overall physical and mental health) now I want to keep losing it and finally start to feel happy with myself. I'm going to save about $1,000 to go on a massive shopping spree when I'm done, plus I have my "belly piercings for when I'm thinner" fund tucked away :P
More human than human

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:05 pm

LizSherman wrote:
just found this thread,
thanks alot!
I'm 5'3".
Yes trust this! I am 4'11" and I started at 14st, so I was HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEE. I lost three stone on the plan and you feel so much better knowing it was all you. :)
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”