The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Phoenix

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 pm

I've just started a new diet and I'm staaaaarving :( Hurry up 1pm so I can have my soup.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 pm

soup is a life saver if your dieting!!
i make my own and cram it full of good stuff :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 pm

I've just got shop brought stuff, I don't know how to make soup from scratch. I can make a sort of mush but not actual soup.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:50 pm

it's easy :D this is my healthy veggie lentil soup - the actual recipe changes all the time but this is the basic idea

chop up a load of veg (use a base of onions and garlic and then whatever else)
fry in oil or butter (or healthy alternative)
add a load of red lentils, tin of tomatoes and vegetable stock
simmer til veggies and lentils are soft, season, then liquidise

* Queen of Tangents*

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Mmmmm tinned tomatoes. Anything which has tinned tomatoes in it is always good. I think I'll have to try that one day.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:07 pm

it's seriously easy and takes about 20 mins and you'll have loads!!

sorry for thread hijack - good luck to all you weight watching lovelies!!

* Queen of Tangents*

splodge2003

Post by splodge2003 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:44 pm

That soup sounds lovely! I will try it soon :)

Ive actualy stopped loosing weight now, but for the last 18 months i have slowly shed off the 2 to 2.5 stone i put on since meeting my lovely boyfriend who liked to treat me and take me out for dinner all the time lol.

well ive put a hault to that and kicked my but into gear and cut down my portions and reviewed my eatting habits. im on no special diets, im just eatting in moderation.
than i hopped on my tredmill and strated doing a water aerobics class once a week.

im now trim and fit and healthy and im so glad im looking aftermyself!

5 foot and 7 stone 12 :D i dont want to loose any more i'l look like a stick! but the exercise has got so addictive!

oh and for those of you wanting or who have a got a wii fit - they definitly work! especialy the running and hula hoop! if you want an arm work out get wii sports on and do the boxing training :)
Is it better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for what you are not?

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:34 pm

ScarletLady wrote:it's seriously easy and takes about 20 mins and you'll have loads!!

sorry for thread hijack - good luck to all you weight watching lovelies!!
I'm going to try that soup too! I never really ate them before cuz they didn't really satisfy my huge fatty appetite, but the past week I've really got back into them since I don't need to eat so much anymore.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Tainted wrote:Ohhh, how much have you lost between those photos Lorny?? :shock:

I'm still stuck in limbo so I don't have before/ after shots as yet - I lose 3 pounds one week and it's back again 2 weeks later :roll: :oops:

....I'm making a go of it this time though, I'm sick of wearing baggy jeans :lol:
About 2.5 stone. I put on half a stone though at xmas, now I am back on a diet to get it off again, although I am doing more of a healthy eating regime like splodge cuz I don't have money to sign up to gyms and WW.

*EDIT* I've done that limbo thing for so long. I lose a shed load, then I'm stuck there. I think I get into a 'I've lost loads of weight so I can afford to stuff my face a bit' state, then when I put it back on I go on the diet again. And so on and so forth... Just keep telling yourself why you're doing it. I know if I can get past the dreaded 'second week' I'll be fine. Keeping a diet going for a week is pretty easy, its keeping it going for the second week thats the problem!

neonpixie

Post by neonpixie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:57 am

ok, so I need to shed a about a stone... and really improve my fitness. Ive pinched my OH's sisers rowing machine and Ive been rowing about 2KM a night for a week, I'm also going to start skipping and hooping. Any tips for other exerises that someone who hates running and bikeing can do? I've been doing situps and things too. Oooh we just go a huge trampoline for the garder but its wayyyyy to cold to use it!
I dont really think that I need to change my diet, I eat well and dont overeat or snack much. Ive finaly cut the sugar out of my tea lol.
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 pm

neonpixie wrote:ok, so I need to shed a about a stone... and really improve my fitness. Ive pinched my OH's sisers rowing machine and Ive been rowing about 2KM a night for a week, I'm also going to start skipping and hooping. Any tips for other exerises that someone who hates running and bikeing can do? I've been doing situps and things too. Oooh we just go a huge trampoline for the garder but its wayyyyy to cold to use it!
I dont really think that I need to change my diet, I eat well and dont overeat or snack much. Ive finaly cut the sugar out of my tea lol.
If you only need to lose a stone, I think rowing, skipping and hooping are just fine. If you do a million I reckon you might lose it all too fast and A. Put it all back on again very quick or B. Become one of them crazy exercise addicts!

OT but how fantastic does tea taste without sugar?! YUMMMMMM

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:42 pm

i never have sugar - it's much nicer :)

* Queen of Tangents*

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:44 pm

I went back to my first WW meeting after Xmas on Wednesday, and somehow I managed to stay the same weight as before! :i2:

I'm just thankful to the dodgy scales at the gym that said I'd put on 8 pounds, as that made me be so strict with myself after I got on them!

neonpixie

Post by neonpixie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Lorny wrote: If you only need to lose a stone, I think rowing, skipping and hooping are just fine. If you do a million I reckon you might lose it all too fast and A. Put it all back on again very quick or B. Become one of them crazy exercise addicts!

you're probibaly right tbh :)
tea is so good! I'd been having just a quarter of a spoon of sugar for ages and saying "I will stop that soon" and Im so glad I finaly have! I'm bored of mums PG tips tho so I've bought some early grey, assam, dargeeling and lapsang souchong! they are soo good and only 2cals a cup (no milk lol) I want to get some Chai too and some more fruit teas
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:11 pm

those teas are all lovely - good choices! and great to have with no milk...ceylon is also good black :)

* Queen of Tangents*

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 pm

cyberwench wrote:I went back to my first WW meeting after Xmas on Wednesday, and somehow I managed to stay the same weight as before! :i2:

I'm just thankful to the dodgy scales at the gym that said I'd put on 8 pounds, as that made me be so strict with myself after I got on them!
If you ate and ate and ate at xmas than you probably did put on 8lbs. When you go back to small portions and not snacking all day it just falls off. That happens to me all the time. If I scoff all week (like you would at xmas) and then spend the next two weeks being good, it drops off so easy. I think its just 'water weight' or whatever they call it, otherwise it won't come off so easy I don't think. Still be proud of yourself for it though for sticking to the diet!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:32 pm

neonpixie wrote:
Lorny wrote: If you only need to lose a stone, I think rowing, skipping and hooping are just fine. If you do a million I reckon you might lose it all too fast and A. Put it all back on again very quick or B. Become one of them crazy exercise addicts!

you're probibaly right tbh :)
tea is so good! I'd been having just a quarter of a spoon of sugar for ages and saying "I will stop that soon" and Im so glad I finaly have! I'm bored of mums PG tips tho so I've bought some early grey, assam, dargeeling and lapsang souchong! they are soo good and only 2cals a cup (no milk lol) I want to get some Chai too and some more fruit teas
I never count calories, I just go by fat. Something could have very low calorie but still high saturated fat content, obviously not tea, but its a generalisation there. :lol:

I don't often have any of them fancy teas cuz some taste manky, and loads of fruit teas don't taste of fruit, its just a horrid sharp taste to me. I suppose I've just been put off trying any after the bad experiences I've had. I did start drinking Rooibos Vanilla tea, but it didn't taste of vanilla unless I used vanilla soy milk, so that was pointless. :(

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Right well I started my diet up again last Sunday, but since I am out tonight and won't have access to scales in the morning at my mates house I weighed myself today.

I went from 12st7 to 12st2. That was mainly down to not eating massive meals or snacking loads (I did the last two nights though :(). Hopefully this week I can stick to the diet and start losing the steady 2lbs.

My boyfriend also lost 2lb which is good for him too. I hope he keeps it up cuz if he stops the diet I have no one to compete with!

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Managed to get hold of all the slimming world books and started monday just gone,
i was 12st3 and im at 11st13, its really weird i feel like im still eating what i normally would but just smaller portions and losing weight!
wanna get down to about 9st and im using download festival as my goal,
i was knackered this year walking around all the time!
soo june here i come!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Well done sashyy!

Freakonaleash

Post by Freakonaleash » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:46 pm

i had my last weigh in a couple of weeks before xmas and i was 6pounds away from losing 2 stone. I have my next weigh in around 2 weeks time. I was ill over the xmas holidays so i know i wouldnt have put any weight on.

But i went shopping today for new jeans and i can fit back into size 14 jeans again! :i2: the waist band on the pair i got are a tiny tiny bit tight but fit perfectly elsewhere.So hopefully in a few weeks or so theyll fit even better

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:38 pm

I started slimming world the other day and in 3 days i've lost 5lb!!! Think I may have found the diet that suits me best!!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 pm

fustmuffin wrote:I started slimming world the other day and in 3 days i've lost 5lb!!! Think I may have found the diet that suits me best!!
Careful not to weigh yourself all the time, or you might get down at the end of the week if you haven't lost as much as that, with fluctuations and stuff!

Well done though!

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 pm

sashyy wrote:Managed to get hold of all the slimming world books and started monday just gone,
i was 12st3 and im at 11st13, its really weird i feel like im still eating what i normally would but just smaller portions and losing weight!
wanna get down to about 9st and im using download festival as my goal,
i was knackered this year walking around all the time!
soo june here i come!
Well done Sash.

Download last year was what made me seriously think about my fitness too.

Our local swimming pool is closed for rebrub right noe and I really want to get back into water aerobics so I think I'm going to have to travel further a field as just walking the dog is not getting those pounds off at all.

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 pm

I've decided this year, I'm going to WI on Monday evenings, not mornings. This is for a couple of reasons;
1. I'm paranoid I'm lighter in the morning and just not weighing in right.
2. One of my friends goes to WW with her Mum, and after their weigh in, they have a take-away that they don't point. They do this every week, and they've both still had great success. I want to do this!!

Kee XD I'll have to post before and after pictures soon...
As after 9 months, and (now over) 3 stone lost...
I'M NOW AT GOAL!!!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”