The Gaming Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
foximusprime

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by foximusprime » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 am

OOOOH GAMES!!!!!!

Bioshock
The halo series
Gears of war series
Fable 2
Mass effect
Assassins creed
Doom (i downloaded the full old game on xbl last year)
Quake 4

Oh and 1 vs 100 whilst my gold membership lasts

I'm so excited about bioshock 2 finally getting released next month! I've waited for this game for nearly 18 months!
Also Halo reach is my next big game buy when its launched. Oh and hopefully the lovely boys at Epic will announce gears 3 this year.....there is simply no way they can not do a third game!

My xbl tag is foximusprime08 if anyone wants to add me :-D
blah blah blah

MissChelsea

Post by MissChelsea » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm all about God of War at the moment! Any I can get my hands on, PS2 or PSP. Even concidering buying a PS3, just so I can play the new one in HD when it's released :lol: Kratos is looking weirdly hot to me now, too!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 pm

goldiloks wrote:
Bomber wrote:I play WoW as well, on occasion.

I get bored too easily and start new characters all the time though.

Oh totally, me too!

I play mostly because it chills me out and the art direction is fantastic, I find it really inspiring. I couldn't give two hoots about levelling and raiding etc etc. I am an explorer :) I do get mightily fed up of other players though, too much nonsense, so I rolled a new toon on a RP server in the hopes I can avoid inane chatter :/ I'm such an old fart.
I can imagine you are as excited as I am to see cataclysm then? :D

sammu

Post by sammu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Anyone else getting sick of these "girl gamers" that pop up everywhere?

I don't know about you guys, but when I play a game, I expect to play the damn game. If I hear one more of them going "I AM A GIRL, ATTENTION PL0X!" I will hunt them down and rip out their spine.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:59 pm

CirqueMachine wrote:Anyone else getting sick of these "girl gamers" that pop up everywhere?

I don't know about you guys, but when I play a game, I expect to play the damn game. If I hear one more of them going "I AM A GIRL, ATTENTION PL0X!" I will hunt them down and rip out their spine.
Meh put up with this kinda crap for a while. Ever since the wii.

'Oh you do games design? So you play wii games then?'

No you tard, I play all games, not just wii, stfu.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 am

foximusprime wrote: Doom (i downloaded the full old game on xbl last year)

My brother got me the compilation set of Doom 1+2 for my 12th birthday XD It included the special edition Simpsons Doom where you played as Homer... I still have the floppy disks somewhere... Although no floppy drive to play them on! It is honestly the best present I ever got from my brother<3

Tom is thinking of buying me my own PS3 for my birthday XD Then we'd be able to play COD:MW2 together. He gets bored watching me play on my own so I don't generally get to play too long before he wants it back:(

P.s. Old thread is old. XD
*Rule Obsessor*

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 am

i really like the idea of the CoD games but i'm just so shit at them that i give up!

i have a PS3 and a Wii but the Wii hasn't really been used in ages. at the minute i'm playing Dragon Age, although i played a demo of Bayonetta and now the game's out, i kinda want to buy it..
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:15 pm

It makes me sad to hear how Wiis fall into disuse:( One guy I knew who got his Wii minutes after the midnight release date sold his just a couple of months later and hasn't looked back since. Then again, I suck at selling anything. The only console I own(Other than the megadrive which needs a new cable so I don't count that) that I don't use is my psp, and that is because it always loses to my DS XD I still couldn't think of selling it though!

When I started playing COD I was terrible, I honestly still am, but I'm improving. I love the thrill of the constant chase of kills, headshots and challenges. XD

We have been looking at Dragon Age. Do you recommend it? At the moment I am mostly playing Sacred 2, which is really confusing at first because the tutorial is terrible, but not too bad once you get into it.

And this is probably a long shot, but does anyone still play Diablo 2? Preferable online? I've ran out of buddies to play with online and would really love some more. Diablo 2 is one of those games I always go back to.

Anyone heard of Demon's Souls? It was only released in I think, Japan, although Tom has been lent a copy by a work mate. It's really hard. XD And it is impossible not to die. Some of the monsters are huge and really daunting. You'd expect not to be able to kill them but you can.
*Rule Obsessor*

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 pm

goldiloks wrote:
Bomber wrote:I play WoW as well, on occasion.

I get bored too easily and start new characters all the time though.

Oh totally, me too!

I play mostly because it chills me out and the art direction is fantastic, I find it really inspiring. I couldn't give two hoots about levelling and raiding etc etc. I am an explorer :) I do get mightily fed up of other players though, too much nonsense, so I rolled a new toon on a RP server in the hopes I can avoid inane chatter :/ I'm such an old fart.
I'm a gold hoarder, I dont really quest or do anything other than mine or skin or whatever then sell it all and have a ton of gold. Then do that with other characters and send all the gold to my main.

I love being in City chat at about 4-5am, on the server I play on it's hilarious at times the amount of nonsense spouted.

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:32 am

My two best friends are absolutely obsessed with Dragon Age. I've been looking at getting it once I upgrade my computer.
More human than human

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:12 am

Vicsarina wrote:It makes me sad to hear how Wiis fall into disuse:( One guy I knew who got his Wii minutes after the midnight release date sold his just a couple of months later and hasn't looked back since. Then again, I suck at selling anything. The only console I own(Other than the megadrive which needs a new cable so I don't count that) that I don't use is my psp, and that is because it always loses to my DS XD I still couldn't think of selling it though!

When I started playing COD I was terrible, I honestly still am, but I'm improving. I love the thrill of the constant chase of kills, headshots and challenges. XD

We have been looking at Dragon Age. Do you recommend it? At the moment I am mostly playing Sacred 2, which is really confusing at first because the tutorial is terrible, but not too bad once you get into it.
my friend has CoD so i play it when i go visit them and the multiplayer is fun until they put it online and i spend my time basically being killed, respawned, killed, respawned etc. i can beat my OH's ass at it though :mrgreen: i prefer more stealthy shooters though. our wii was used religiously from the day of release until we got the PS3 a couple of months ago and it still comes on for a bout of MarioKart every now and then.

Dragon Age.. i can't decide if it's excellent or not lol. i think Oblivion has spoiled me forever in terms of RPGs. Dragon Age is pretty good, brilliant graphics, a decent story and you get to have a dog as part of your party but the environment isn't as interactive as i expected and the battle system can be a bit complicated. well, i think i make it complicated ha ha. the different difficulty settings effect how battle works so it would be easier if i had the difficulty level set lower but i refuse! i just have to try to pause more and plan a bit better cos you really do need to. the inventory does my head in cos it's difficult to expand it, it's not linked to your strength so you have to wait until you can find an extra back pack. does my head in! still all in all i would recommend it if you like RPGs.
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

DrPino

Post by DrPino » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 am

I'm such a video game nerd... I carry around my PSP EVERYWHERE so I'm never without a video game if I feel the urge, which is often.

Assassin's Creed 2, Bloodlines- I just like being sneaky and climbing on things, it's too bad you couldn't be a lady.

Little Big Planet- Oh man! So cute! So fun! Who doesn't like sticking funny stickers all over everything? And making your little sac-self look adorable?

Zelda, ALL of them!- I've always loved Zelda, I even have an add-on on WoW so when I loot it makes the sound from Zelda.

World of Warcraft- Man... ever since my brother got me hooked when it first came out I've been shut away in my room. But now I have it on my laptop so I'll venture out hahaha. I'm a WoW girly till death... FTW!

Bioshock 1-2- I just really really like this game, so much fun. Especially now that you're the Big Daddy, but Big Sister needs to take a chill pill.

Halo 1-2- Once again my brother corrupted me, he started off using me as a decoy and he'd throw plasma grenades onto my back so I'd be a suicide bomber until I got alot better now we work together.

Fable 1-2- I like being able to decide how my character turns out it's nice not having to be a hero but a feared villian who all the ladies... AND men drool over. Muahahaha. Halo and butterflies? Or Horns... hmm... decisions decisions.

ViolentDelights

Post by ViolentDelights » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:49 am

Anybody play LittleBigPlanet online?? If so you should totally message me so we can exchange names

co0kie_x

Post by co0kie_x » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:51 am

i think im the only one here who plays maplestory :3 the game is so much fun however.
you guys should start playing it =P

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:17 am

Another WoW nerd here too.

My boyfriend played for years, was quite a hardcore raider in his time but sold his account (for £200!) just after we got together as he knew I'd had bad experiences with exes all but ignoring me to play online games. Then one of the girls I work with confessed to me she played WoW and met her boyfriend in the game so I downloaded the trial just to talk to her and see what all the fuss was about. Guess who got hooked? I'm now level 80 and my boyfriend created another account so we could level together. We've joined a really nice guild of people all over Europe and I'm now seeing end game content.

It is, of course, my secret shame. I mocked my other half for ages for being a "lolnerd" and pretending to be an elf. He's getting his own back big style now. That said I've since found out that three of my other friends also play regularly and kept it quiet from everyone else too. It's like being in the Masons, everyone does it but no one talks about it ;)
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

co0kie_x wrote:i think im the only one here who plays maplestory :3 the game is so much fun however.

Nope I play. Are you on GMS?
*Rule Obsessor*

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:31 am

Dystopatica wrote:Another WoW nerd here too.

My boyfriend played for years, was quite a hardcore raider in his time but sold his account (for £200!) just after we got together as he knew I'd had bad experiences with exes all but ignoring me to play online games. Then one of the girls I work with confessed to me she played WoW and met her boyfriend in the game so I downloaded the trial just to talk to her and see what all the fuss was about. Guess who got hooked? I'm now level 80 and my boyfriend created another account so we could level together. We've joined a really nice guild of people all over Europe and I'm now seeing end game content.

It is, of course, my secret shame. I mocked my other half for ages for being a "lolnerd" and pretending to be an elf. He's getting his own back big style now. That said I've since found out that three of my other friends also play regularly and kept it quiet from everyone else too. It's like being in the Masons, everyone does it but no one talks about it ;)
Glad to hear! Its so nice when I hear of girls joining their boyfriends and vice versa on games and such :).

I am lucky I don't have to pretend not to play, most assume if I do games design I most likely play WoW HAHA.

I recently moved servers to Vashj to be in a lovely guild called supreme. I have other characters on the sha'tar and defias brotherhood if anybody is on those. :)

`Lush

Post by `Lush » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 pm

oops double post stupid phone.
Last edited by `Lush on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our Doubts are our traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

`Lush

Post by `Lush » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:20 pm

im a wow freak here. like, been playing for likr 4 years.
i have 3 80s atm. (priests ftw) and even a horde logo tattoo'd on my back between my shoulder blades. yay wow nerd, lulz.

i am also playing Aion right now (a pvp mmo)

i also play: the sims, zelda, God of war 1,2,3 , left 4 dead 1 and 2, zeldaaa, POKEMON, yoshi's island/super mario world, battlefield bad company 2, COD MW 2, stepmania and other stuff i cant think of off the top of my head.
waiting for APB to come out, too.
"Our Doubts are our traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:11 pm

ViolentDelights wrote:Anybody play LittleBigPlanet online?? If so you should totally message me so we can exchange names
I'm on the PSN as Magickbean - you're very welcome to add me (as is anyone else on the forum)! I don't play on there a great deal anymore because my OH is always on the PS3 :roll: but it's always nice to have friends to play with when I do get to go on it!
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

co0kie_x

Post by co0kie_x » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:08 am

Vicsarina wrote:
co0kie_x wrote:i think im the only one here who plays maplestory :3 the game is so much fun however.

yup sure am =] i play on winda however.

this is my char

and once i get more nx this will be my char lol

sally

Post by sally » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:22 pm

I can't believe more people aren't into Fallout 3. I love that game so much, and am desperately waiting for Fallout: New Vegas to come out in October! Anyone watch any of the E3 conferences? Lots of exciting stuff coming very soon - lots of rubbish unfortunately, too (Microsoft, I'm looking at you...) What do you all think about this motion gaming malarkey?

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:31 pm

co0kie_x wrote:
Vicsarina wrote:

yup sure am =] i play on winda however.

this is my char

and once i get more nx this will be my char lol

Shame. I'm on Khaini. :(
*Rule Obsessor*

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 pm

sally wrote:I can't believe more people aren't into Fallout 3. I love that game so much, and am desperately waiting for Fallout: New Vegas to come out in October! Anyone watch any of the E3 conferences? Lots of exciting stuff coming very soon - lots of rubbish unfortunately, too (Microsoft, I'm looking at you...) What do you all think about this motion gaming malarkey?
I had a brief look last night and am a little bit in love with the new xbox elite, oh and halo reach.
I guess the kinect thing is the microsoft version of the wii controls, it took a while for me to get to grips with it, apparently the new xbox is due out 16th july in the uk and has the kinect features already built in.
blah blah blah

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Oh heck- Im back on the WowCrack. My third relapse since I started playing on and off in 2006. my main is still only lvl73 though lol!! Started 2 weeks ago and Im currently playing a lvl30 undead priest with my fiance and his best mate and we play whenever we get a free evening together. Eats up all social life!!

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”