What do you wear to a gig?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

What do you wear to a gig?

Post by MrsEss » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

i'm going to the Machine head / Slipknot gig & cannot for the life of me think what to wear????

last gig i went to was disturbed & i wore a white vest top & blue jeans, before that was korn & i wore a pink tee, pink falls & black trousers & before that was Marilyn Manson, to which i wore a PVC corset & pinstrpe trousers.

i'm thinking of maybe doing baggies, swears & perhaps a turquise vest with fleece hoodie/shrug thing (by then i'll have installed my roving, so no worries with the hair!!!)

So, what do YOU guys wear to gigs?? i think it all boils down to which band you're going to see tbh
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ScarletLady

Re: What do you wear to a gig?

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 pm

comfy stuff if you're moshing :D

i normally wear my worn to death DMs but make sure they're on tight as i've lost them in a mosh pit before :roll:

moshpits with no shoes on are never good :lol:

i'm a vests and combats girl at gigs normally
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Lollipop

Post by Lollipop » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Depends who I'm going to see. I've been going to lots of punk and ska gigs recently so dms and skinny jeans and a random top I don't mind getting sweaty or a skirt that's not going to come flying up when I'm dancing!
Formerly Miss_Kitty

Spooky_Noodles

Post by Spooky_Noodles » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm a vest and combats girl most of the time, and I find it great for throwing myself about at gigs or going clubbing. Shoe wise i normally wear trainers or my Madfish boots, since they're the lightest and bounciest boots ever :D
It's not stoopid, it's ADVANCED!!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Usually baggy jeans, band t-shirt, massive boots and installed dreads (I'm paranoid falls would get pulled and end up wonky, so installing is the only way to go!)
I'd wear something a bit more interesting to a less moshy gig.. maybe a skirt and a fitted top.. but it does depend on the band.

As for Machine Head, they're on the heavier side - I've seen them twice, they're brilliant :D - and they often encourage the crowd to start huge circle pits, so I'd recommend something comfy, baggy and not too expensive! You may well get your shirt ripped if you're right in the thick of it.. and I definitely wouldn't wear falls or even long dreads. I'd wear shorter dreads, fully installed, to reduce the risk of having them pulled off!

Whatever you wear, have fun - Machine Head rock :D
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:44 pm

ScarletLady wrote:comfy stuff if you're moshing :D

i normally wear my worn to death DMs but make sure they're on tight as i've lost them in a mosh pit before :roll:

moshpits with no shoes on are never good :lol:
This happened to my best mate - she found her missing shoe on the stage after the gig! So funny.. could've been painful tho!
I love my big Swear boots - they've got huge platforms, so I can actually see over all the tall peope's heads, but they don't have a heel so they're comfy enough to wear all night.. and they certainly ain't coming off in a hurry!!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:48 pm

i'm tall anyway so don't normally have a problem...

yeah i had to wait til the end of the night and they were on the floor at the front of the mosh pit :roll:

my poor tootsies :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:15 pm

i've never worn my swears to a gig for fear of them falling off - i could however wear my sella's, or demonias. i'm quite tall (5foot10) but quite alot of boys are taller than me, so i want to tower over people this time round.......i'm sooooooo exited!!!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:24 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:i've never worn my swears to a gig for fear of them falling off - i could however wear my sella's, or demonias. i'm quite tall (5foot10) but quite alot of boys are taller than me, so i want to tower over people this time round.......i'm sooooooo exited!!!!
Your Swears would fall off?! Ah.. I guess you must have the Transmuters or whatever they're called.. the ones that are like Mary Janes with a huge platform? Mine are boots, they reach about half way up my calf and are both laced and clasped - they have like ski-boot type clasp thingies to hold them tight.. they're goin nowhere! :lol:

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm

i want swears :(
why oh why do they not make them anymore *wails*

* Queen of Tangents*

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:12 pm

i wear swears to a gig only if Im not doing the whole "standing at the front for hours and hours to see my fave singer" cos they hurt my legs after a while with not being able to move. its fun gettin dressed up for a gig but on the other hand you dont want flying beer and sweat ruining an expensive outfit etc

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:35 pm

I usually wear my New Rock Neptuno's so I will be nice and tall (as its useful to be able to see over peoples heads, plus I get nervous when in big crowds so it helps that I dont feel "trapped" in a sea of people)
Depends on who I'm going to see as to what I will wear.
Usually though it's a skirt and a vest top/band top. Infact the last time I went to see Machine Head I was wearing such! lol
I dont like wearing trousers cause I get too hot, esp if I'm near the front!

Have a fabby time tho! ^_^
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 pm

It depends on the kind, if its a metal gig and I plan to mosh, a really long band or normal shirt and leggings, or a short dress, or a band shirt and loose but short skirt, and comfortable shoes.

If I'm going to a gig and I dont plan to mosh/move in a particularly inspiriting way a corset and big shoes are usually involved :D.
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

Spooky_Noodles

Post by Spooky_Noodles » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Madii wrote:Investing in a pair of combats might do me good in this area, but I have no idea how to get heavy-duty cotton ones from in girl-suitable sizes.
I just buy mine from army surplus, get them a few inches bigger so they sit low on the hip. They're never gonna sit tightly around your ass, but that's the nature of combats really.
It's not stoopid, it's ADVANCED!!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:05 am

Spooky_Noodles wrote:
Madii wrote:Investing in a pair of combats might do me good in this area, but I have no idea how to get heavy-duty cotton ones from in girl-suitable sizes.
I just buy mine from army surplus, get them a few inches bigger so they sit low on the hip. They're never gonna sit tightly around your ass, but that's the nature of combats really.
that's exactly what i was going to say...however if you have money to burn - Bench do really nice combats :D (altho i got mine from TK Maxx)

* Queen of Tangents*

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 am

Spooky_Noodles wrote:
Yeah, I was gonna suggest army surplus - there's one near me that has XL sizes.. they even have 44-inch waist ones! They'd fit perfectly over my hips normally (not at the moment, obv! :lol: )

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:51 am

Rhaeniel wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:i've never worn my swears to a gig for fear of them falling off - i could however wear my sella's, or demonias. i'm quite tall (5foot10) but quite alot of boys are taller than me, so i want to tower over people this time round.......i'm sooooooo exited!!!!
Your Swears would fall off?! Ah.. I guess you must have the Transmuters or whatever they're called.. the ones that are like Mary Janes with a huge platform? Mine are boots, they reach about half way up my calf and are both laced and clasped - they have like ski-boot type clasp thingies to hold them tight.. they're goin nowhere! :lol:
mine are like this: Image but grey & black :)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:33 pm

Oooh! They're nice :) I prefer those soles to the plain, flat transmuter ones. Mine are a bit like that, kinda bubbly, trainer-shaped.. only they're boots.. in fact, I have a photo of them somewhere.....

They stay on pretty damn well in a pit :D

**note the little elastic band in the bottom left of the photo - my house is COVERED in those things! :lol:

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Oh Swears, how I long for thee!
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 pm

http://www.armyclothes.co.uk/combat-trousers.html

they have plain 100% cotton ones...cheap too :D

* Queen of Tangents*

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:57 pm

I think you can get army combats made of different things - I'm not sure.. but I know you can get army surplus jumpers made of differnet wool blends.. my hubby just bought a pure wool one which he had to get from the Belgian Army rack rather than the British Army rack, as our boys (and girls!) wear a wool/synthetic blend.
So you might find that different countries' Army surplus is made of different materials... possibly. It's worth a look anyway :)

*edit* ah! there you go :) (at above post)

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
Rhaeniel wrote:
mine are like this: Image but grey & black :)

I have this pair in black and blue-and they've never fallen off at a gig :D

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:58 pm

as a ridiculous little techno raver :lol: i make a new neon outfit and matching fluffys and usually some hama jewelery for every gig!! for i love techno in belgium next week il be wearing pink gordon jacks (like cheap swears) with grey and pink fluffy covers, big pink fishnet tights over yellow tights, a handmade pink dress and lots of synth!!! :lol:
I bent my wookie!!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 pm

i have Gordon Jacks too!!!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Jashpots

Post by Jashpots » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:09 pm

I wear any old t-shirt and a pair of baggy jeans with useable pockets, I think I should install some padding onto my butt of my jeans as I always seem to end up on the floor with people thinking that my head is a seat lol.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”