The Piercing Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ClaireCalavera

The Piercing Thread

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 am

Ok, I know I seem to be on a bit of a spree, but I'm posting this with good reason! We need a place to talk about piercings like we had on HH! ;)

I wanted to share with everyone that I finally gave in the other night and retired my navel piercing after 2 years. It pretty much became a true surface piercing in the end and I was too frightened of it rejecting completely. Now I am sad, because I feel even more boring lol.

I have 2 lobe piercings in each ear, and I would like to stretch the "2nd" ones to accomodate curved bars (like belly bars). For all you stretchers out there - what's your advice? What do I need to get going?

I am also seriously contemplating having my labret done, as I've wanted it for a couple of years now and this will be my final year of uni so I would like to have it done at the beginning of term as a sort of "hoorah we made it this far" type event. The bf doesn't really like facial piercings, but he wouldn't stop me doing it. Do any of you labret ladies find that your labret gets in the way of things like kissing/eating etc? Or do you get used to it in time?

Anyway.. piercing stuffs....go! :mrgreen:
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

downinahole

Re: The Piercing Thread

Post by downinahole » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:03 am

I have my lip pierced. Doesn't really get in the way of kissing or eating, but i have a ring in mine and it takes a while to get used to drinking out of cans again, but you get the hang of it :P

My navel piercing grew out twice, so i gave up completly in the end. :cry:

I have my lip, nose and upper ear pierced, and i think i may leave it at that for now. But you should definatly get your labret done! :D

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 am

I have my labret done but I don't wear a ring, so I haven't found any problems with eating, kissing etc! My gums are receeding though, as I didn't change my long bar quick enough...I can't bare to take it out though, so I'm just keeping a close eye on my gums.

As for stretching lobes to put belly bars in- I used to do that, and am thinking of stretching my 2nd set to put them in again (my first set are stretched already.) All I would say you need is a small stretcher that stretches to 1.6mm, as that's the size of the belly bars. You can probably find one on ebay, I can't remember where I got mine from! Oh and something like vaseline to make it easier to put the taper in :)
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Angelaar

Post by Angelaar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:02 pm

I miss my lip piercing :-( from what i remember it took a while to get used to but it healed fairly quick and i had no probs. i only took it out because i wanted a vertical, but then i decided i couldn't handle having any scaring on my actual lip, so i gave up.

I want a new piercing, but i don't know what or where :-( i'm gonna be in the fellas shop on monday (hes a piercer) so i might get a random one. I want my septum, but i'm not sure i'll suit it and Bob recons it's the most painfull piercing... i want a christina to... infact i want lots, but when it comes down to it i'm a big wuss :roll:

zaahn

Post by zaahn » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:07 pm

My lip piercing doesn't really get in the way unless I have my corkscrew spikes in :P I recommend getting pierced with a labret just so you can still eat - soup through a straw was pretty easy :) The only thing it took me a long time to adjust to was eating sandwiches again as biting into them always knocked it. And it didn't like me just sticking a ring in when it was healed so I alternated between ring during the day, labret at night and it soon learnt to be more flexible :P

Im in the process of stretching my ears (not sure whether i'll stop at 6mm or 8mm) but im getting my piercer to do it for me since im a whimp :P

I want another piercing but not sure what. Maybe a madonna - anybody have any advice? Or an industrial bar or something... hmm... Only problem is I have to convince the OH first...
http://www.zaahndreads.co.uk - Dedicated to bringing you high quality synthetic dreads for over 10 years.

http://www.katiestainer.co.uk - Contemporary origami jewellery and accessories.

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:29 pm

I have my ears done, lobes and at the very top, there my oldest piercings, had my lobes since I was a baby and the tops of my ears since I was 14. I got my labret done when I was 17, then left side of my nose a few weeks later it went a bit rank so I took it out. Then when I was 19 I got the right side done and the left side of my lip pierced(both with rings) at the time I was single but like a week later I met my lovely husband and my lip ring kept getting in the way when we kissed so I took it out. Then last october I got my lip pierced on both sides(this time with bars). I really want to get my ears done alot more and my nose done again on the left, but just with a stud, maybe another ring on the right. I like the look of a septum but I doubt i'll get it done as I know it would tickle me so much I'd end up taking it out.
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Angelaar wrote:I miss my lip piercing :-( from what i remember it took a while to get used to but it healed fairly quick and i had no probs. i only took it out because i wanted a vertical, but then i decided i couldn't handle having any scaring on my actual lip, so i gave up.

I want a new piercing, but i don't know what or where :-( i'm gonna be in the fellas shop on monday (hes a piercer) so i might get a random one. I want my septum, but i'm not sure i'll suit it and Bob recons it's the most painfull piercing... i want a christina to... infact i want lots, but when it comes down to it i'm a big wuss :roll:
The septum has been the most painful for me but it really wasn't that bad. I got it done at the same time as my bridge, about a year ago, and I'm considering taking the bridge out because it's constantly angry, I get bubbles on either side quite often. But the septum healed up and has been fine. Only problem is the smell sometimes, lol. I keep it clean, but you can't help but smell it sometimes and it's really funky. It seemed to take a while longer than my lip to heal too. I've had my lip/labret (it's kinda inbetween so I could wear it either way) for 11 years now and I loves it. I'll never take it out, well ,actually, I know that if I do take it out it'll never close up. I've had it out for weeks at a time and it's stayed open just like my earlobes do.
Oh, I had my nips done a little while back and I just couldn't handle all that... stimulation :lol:
So i had to take 'em out within the first month or so. Friggin seatbelts!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Freakonaleash

Post by Freakonaleash » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:16 pm

im starting to run out of ideas for piercings that i want. Next one is a sternum piercing..but with microdermals. Had a couple of surface piercings done last week and they are looking quite happy at the moment..but im preparing myself for the worst if they do start to go wrong (got them knowing they wont be forever anyway)

Piercing list so far;
2 stretched lobes- 14mm each
Tragus
Industrial
1 nipple
vch
tongue
lip
2 surface piercings

i retired a nipple piercing and a microdermal a month ago :(

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:31 pm

I have had:
5 lower lip piercings
Septum
Eyebrow
Bridge
Left Nostril
Belly Button
Both Nipples
HCH
Tongue
Smiley
15 miscellaneous ear piercings (all lobe + cartlidge)
and 2 regular lobe piercings stretched to 15mm in the end

I now have:
1 X Labret
Left Nostril
Tongue
Belly Button
Both Nipples
HCH
and 2 regular lobe piercings at 3mm (took forever to shrink, I ended up going up, then back down again!)

So I went from 32 in total to just 9 :) and I am MUCH happier this way, lol!
Though I do really miss my smiley :(
Next I would like a HCH, 2 labia rings and some microdermals.

Explicit

Post by Explicit » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:33 pm

I dont have too many but to list them I have
2 x lip piercings
Septum
Lobes
One nipple (one retired)
Navel

My septum did hurt but was the quickest of all my piercings to heal and so worth it! Its my favourite :D

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 pm

I've got my lip done, though I wear a labret stud in it at times.
At first it's really wierd as you'll catch it all the time on drinks, food, toothbrushes...
But then you get used to it being there. Only issues I have now are with corn-on-the-cob, I can eat it, it's just tricky.

I stretched my lobes up to belly button bar size without a stretcher :? One day I just took my regular earring out and tried to put in my labret stud, and it just slid through the hole with no effort at all. Just throwing that out there!

Ear wise I've got 1x 10mm;
1x 1.6;
2 x 1.2;
2x regular;
as well as 2 cartilages.
I used to have my eyebrow done, but it rejected so I took it out.
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

PirateQueen

Post by PirateQueen » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:43 pm

In response to the original query - it depends on what size the holes are now. Most people have their ears pierced at 1.6mm which is the same size as a belly bar usually is, but if you've been wearring regular fashion earrings with thin wires or posts they may well be smaller than that now. I kind of think tapers are a bit pointless and fiddly for such small stretches - you can get cbrs from Wildcat (and other places) in sizes like 1mm, 1.2mm and then 1.6mm. I used these to stretch my nostrils which were about 1mm up to 1.6mm and found it really easy.
You might be surprised at the actual size of your ear holes though - I was. I started stretching my holes and was really surprised to find my holes were actually at 3mm before I even started due to years of wearing heavy and dangly earrings!

I've got:
First ear holes - 1/2 inch (12mm)
Second holes - 2g (6mm)
Both traguses
Both nostrils
Septum

I'd quite like another lobe hole at 3mm, and also a couple of upper ear piercings but I'm a bit of a symmetry freak so I'd have to have exactly the same on both sides!

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Just thought I would add my 2p in the way that my un-numbed septum hurt less than either of my numbed lip piercings...

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:12 am

I have my two lobes and my septum pierced. The septum was so fun, it was painful, but a sweet pain. I never wear it down though, because I don't care for it anymore.

I'm not big on piercings like I used to be. Before, I wanted my cheeks pierced, and all these other piercings, but now, as I'm getting closer to 18, I don't really feel like I want them anymore.
What I do want:
-4g conch punches
-daith
-medusa (Everyone I talk to tells me I have the perfect philtrum to be accomodated with metal!)
-helices

I used to want to stretch my earlobes, but I don't really find that attractive anymore. Plus, if I have huge lobes AND punched conches, that'd look a bit over the top, in my books. ;)

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:58 am

I dont have them yet but i totally wanted to share!
I am getting my braces off in a week.
I am going to get snake bites!!!!
Please be excited for me its been 3 years since i saw my teeth without steel lol.

KeiVendetta

Post by KeiVendetta » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:31 am

Madii wrote:Does anyone have any experience with vertical labrets, particularly in terms of the scarring they leave behind when taken out? Other experiences such as healing time, average pain of the piercing and how much it got in the way at first would be appreciated too, ta.
I'd like to know this too. I've been thinking about getting mine done for a while now.

raichu_x

Post by raichu_x » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:00 am

I have:

Labret.
Snakebites.
Nose.
And in my ears I have one stretched to 10mm and the other 6mm, I'm planning to go to 16mm lol.
I also have a cartilage piercing, and I did have another one on my lobe, but it was extremely close to the 6mm, so I decided to take it out because I thought it could make my lobe rip or die or something lol.

I did once have my eyebrow, but I took it out, I absolutely hated it when I had it, but I HATE taking piercings out, even though sometimes it's a good idea, but yeh. I've got little scars there now :(

I'm probably not going to get anymore piercings, except stretching. Going onto tattoos next :D

Zalo

Post by Zalo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:18 am

Madii wrote:Does anyone have any experience with vertical labrets, particularly in terms of the scarring they leave behind when taken out? Other experiences such as healing time, average pain of the piercing and how much it got in the way at first would be appreciated too, ta.
I had one for a 5-6 months, Got rid of it because, I had other plans piercing wise that wouldn't look right in my opinion with one. Lol.
The scarring in general, as long as you keep it in a smaller gauge [16-14] won't be very visible. Mine looks like a small raised white dot and, you have to be REALLY close to notice it.
Pain depends on the person, Most people I know [Including myself] didn't find it so bad though, Just a kinda sharp pain during the piercing and, sometimes mild discomfort while putting in the jewelry.
Things like eating, drinking out of cans and, such feel a bit awkward the first few days but, afterwards it'll feel like nothings there so, it doesn't quite get in the way that much.
Average healing time = 4-8 weeks I believe.
Hope that helps. :]

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 am

I've got three 14ga in each earlobe, 14ga bottom navel, and 14ga center lip.

I have also had 14ga top navel and 16ga labret, and my center lip was originally 16ga. The lip didn't heal properly until I put in a 14.. for some reason, my body does NOT like 16ga jewelry. I retired the labret after a couple years because it was still giving me trouble. Fortunately, the only visible scarring I've got is inside of my mouth.

I took out the top navel because I think we might have pierced through a nerve ending with that one. The pain was almost unbearable when I first got it, and it never healed. I only kept that one about 6 months and I've got a nasty lump of scar tissue where it used to be.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:31 pm

ANNloses wrote: I'm not big on piercings like I used to be. Before, I wanted my cheeks pierced, and all these other piercings, but now, as I'm getting closer to 18, I don't really feel like I want them anymore.
Haha, I got like this the closer I got to 19 :) I wore retainers in most my holes for aaages then just whipped 'em out!
Now most of the stuff I want done is below the collar :lol:

moROSE69

Post by moROSE69 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:52 am

Lip center (retired)
Nose right side (retired)
Right Lip

Ears:
4g tunnels both
3 lobes left and 2 right (not counting tunnels)
1 cartilage left and 2 right

I still want a industrial on the left side but I dont think I can. I broke my ear in high school... it is possible lol. I want a second piercing on my lip right next to mine other one. I want my left nostril and an anti-eyebrow on the right. Anti-brows are so sexy!

Miss Asphyxia

Post by Miss Asphyxia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:37 pm

I have as of right now:
Bridge (This is my absolute favourite piercing and I utterly adore it)
Labret
Marilyn
Nose
Earlobesx2

I've also had my eyebrow and septum pierced. The eyebrow I had to take out because I kept bumping it on things and it refused to heal properly. I'd love to get them both redone sometime.

Right now looking to drop some cash on some subdermal anchors next to my eyes. Don't know whether to get them or the eyebrow and septum redone first though.
I am beyond God, I am human

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:40 pm

My Labret piercing is nearly 3 months old :D

Brought a new set of balls for it ^_^

angenocturne

Post by angenocturne » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:56 am

i currently have:
2x 12ga (2mm) lobes, right and left
3x 16ga (1.2mm) lobes, 2 left, 1 right
1x 16ga (1.2mm) cartilage, left
1x 18ga (1mm) daith, right

probably getting more lobe piercings soon, i've got room for atleast 1 more on the left and 2 on the right. would love to add more cartilage too, i want a spiral on my left ear, but my current healing time is somewhere around 9 months, blah stupid cartilage. also toying around with getting my eyebrow done, but not till after i've found a job.
Bite my laughters, drink my tears. Pore into me, volumes, spell me stark and spill me swooning.
-J. Joyce

angenocturne

Post by angenocturne » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:00 am

pretty sure everyone knows already, but i thought this would be helpful:
Bite my laughters, drink my tears. Pore into me, volumes, spell me stark and spill me swooning.
-J. Joyce

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”