Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you back!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Little Wicked

Re: Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you ba

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Hello again all! *waves*
Good to see some conversations happening again! I have lurked occasionally over the past months, but tbh, haven't had much time for much of anything other than work! Some of you will have seen my shop page on FB, which is growing very rapidly and expanding, but I am still in that 'transition' phase where I still need to work in my full-time office job to keep a steady income, while devoting more and more of my free time to the shop. So basically, I'm shattered! 60 or 70 hour work weeks for the last 4-6 months are really starting to tire me out. On the plus side, I shaved off my hair (sorry Gracey!) and now that it's starting to grow back I'm starting to think of all the possibilities of synth dread extensions! Oh the possibilities!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Tell me about it! 40-50 hours a week as a teacher (includes marking at home) plus markets at the weekend and hat making (and the occasional pair of falls) I am not sure how I fit it all in!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah, take what you both do & add to children in to the mix & that is my life. Yes, I am playing "who has the biggest dick" :P

Tomorrow is day 5 in a row at work, I have Wednesday off - which is to be spent with Dani, bill paying, food shopping & nursery runs as well, along with more sewing & back to work the following morning. IDK what a "day off" is. I always have something to do.
I keep reminding myself to think of the money. We need a good month this month, as this bonus will be paid in November.

I've also been sorting out nursery school for Korben, he starts on the 9th of September & needs to wear school uniform. I've requested the day off work, as I'll be a quivering mess that might need carrying home after dropping him off for the afternoon. He's been going to nursery (day care) for 18 months, but this is SCHOOL. My baby will be going to school

On the plus side, we have set the pool up outside & the weather shall continue to be warm for a few days.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

sammu

Post by sammu » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:57 am

So my mental state is getting to the point where I fear for my employment on a genuine level. I walked out of a "team day"/social evening because my idea of fun isn't getting shitfaced and running around town doing little "fun" tasks, and I was called up today to say they didn't need me at work "because it was quiet". ho hum.

Also deciding on my hair is ridiculous. I want someone to decide for me. I'm planning on getting a kit from Anouk and I keep changing my mind on colours.

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Ooh I had forgotten about here! My last log in prior to today was Nov last year! I have been busy with babies and children is my excuse ;)
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello all, it's been a while. Again.

I'm just dropping in, exhausted in every sense following the week from fucking hell. Most of you are aware of what happened at my work last weekend and will probably not be surprised that I do expect this week to be much the same. Fuck it, there's nothing i can do.

In other news, Jordan has graduated and acceoted a job with the National Autistic Society so that's great. She applied for three jobs and got interviews for all three, which is obviously pretty astounding. That's what a First does on an application form, eh. Also, I'm not sure whether I updated about Elfin's comp? She came 12th overall which is pretty good going as the field was huge and she had a couple of errors. Forgive my slight bragging post; I'm trying to stay away from doom and gloom.

Hope everybody else is ok?
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Brag away! Lots of positive stuff there to be happy about :) xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:34 pm

YAY!!

Go Jordan. Go Elfin!!

*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 pm

evening all,
hope everyone is well :D
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Evening ladies!

I am so sorry for my absence this last year. I hope you are all well.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:27 am

Nice to see a few more faces :)

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:05 pm

I miss the chat thread being alive! :(

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:50 am

me too amy!

the weather is so bizarre at the moment,so hot.But mini rain storms every now and then.
I'm sat by my back door steaming a load of dreads, and im totally frazzled lol
hope everyone is well?x
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 am

It's hot and stormy here too! Quite nice though :D

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm not part of the Facebook thingy, but does anyone think that might be the reason that no one talks on HEF? No idea how many from these parts go on there.

I'm not a massive fan of this weather, but I'm not going to shun it, since the rain has been getting on my tits too. I'm just too pale and want to stay that way. It just takes too much effort to do so!

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:04 pm

I don't think many of the HEF ladies use HES its rather complicated, but I think the sellers had to try and keep up as thats where a lot of their work comes from now.
Not really sure what happened here, it got quieter and that made people want to talk less I think. I don't know :(

I still link this site all the time to people asking me dread questions, its so easy to use and find things.

I quite like this sunny in the day, raining at night thing that seems to be happening recently, makes going out in the day time easier!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:26 pm

I stopped bothering as I didn't feel welcome any longer.

Still checked practically every day though.
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:54 am

I have the chit chat group, but I rarely check it, or post there. *words deleted due to the sensitive that read this* whatever though.
This place is home, it's just sad that it's become so inactive. The chat thread kept me going through bored days at work and my maternity boredom.

I think I'm almost done with the hair world anyway. I've not fully decided but its probably likely in the coming months. I'll miss my hairs but I'll get over it.

There's a lot going on in my life right now. I've created a blog to cope, IDK if it'll work. I can link it, if anyone is curious.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Hope you're ok Sarah.

Yeah, the chat thread was great when it was always moving and it was hard to keep up :mrgreen: I don't even know what the thing on facebook is...so I guess I'm not a part of it!!

We have Sunday hangover pizza on the way. Even though any small trace of hangover has now gone ;)

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm not on HES but there has been mention on other groups on Facebook that there has been as much drama on there as there has been quietness on here. I don't know what either is about but I'm sure people moving away from the hair thing must have something to do with how quiet it is on here. Not that we talked about hair all that often, anyway. Personally, I don't go anywhere online much any more; even Facebook gets more looked at than added to.

Sarah, your post sounded quite ominous. I do hope everything is ok.

I've had a busy few weeks with various things. I went down to Dorset a few weeks back for a reunion for the writing course I did. I went and spoke at a writing group for people in recovery, which was a bit weird. My name was on the flyer as an invited guest. I spoke about the difficulties of the sensitive soul when dredging out writing and it seemed to go down very well. Then last weekend, we went to Kendal Calling with the family. It was ace fun but taking kids to festivals is very tiring.

Other than that, work is a major stress just now. I couldn't say much here, even if I knew much to tell. The investigation is likely to last between one year and five and they still don't know (or haven't released) the reason the fire started. Meanwhile, we are working under serious pressure to try and get stocked to serve a very large customer base from a temporary warehouse and minute market stall in the city centre. We do have a new shop being fitted out in the Arndale but I don't expect the stress levels to drop when that comes to fruition in a couple of weeks. Everyone is still in shock and I think the enormity of what happened is yet to sink in. It was a bad thing that happened that day.

It is nice to look on here and see some activity and some old faces. Maybe if we just all try and come by once a week to say hi it would keep breathing?
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Sarah! Hope you're ok! I can't imagine you not being a part of the hair world, but you gotta do what's best for you. Keep strong, we all know you are.

Gracey, glad your reunion went well, sounds interesting! I cannot imagine taking kids to a festival :i6:

I've never been a festival person myself though. I'm too uptight I think :P

I really hope its sooner rather than later that they find out about the cause of the fire, we were all in shock at the news. Monique was staying at mine that weekend and we just gaped at one another.
I'd say I hope stress drops for you too, but given the situation, I can't see it being likely! I'm glad you have such a strong customer base to keep you going and help you get back on your feet though. Hopefully you'll all pull through stronger than ever.

I went to stay with my mum from Tuesday to Sunday and it flew by. Its the longest time since moving to Cardiff 3 years ago that I've spent at home and it was so nice and relaxing. My mum is my best friend really too so it was just good to spend real time with her without it being for a reason as such.
I really did not want to come back however, I've lots of work and relationship and home stress here at the moment so it was a bit of a slap from reality returning today.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Hello ladies.

Well, my self appointed way of coping & learning is to talk about what is going on.

1. I'm being referred to a Rheumatologist. A different Dr I saw at the weekend thinks it may be possible that I have inflammatory arthritis as opposed to a different kind. So that will be interesting.

2. I'm off to a counsellor at some point too. I have issues/demons that I've refused to face (not because I didn't want to, just because I thought myself as "normal" if that makes sense) The issues that I have almost destroyed my marriage recently, so in order to keep everything that I hold dear, things need to change.

I feel different already in all honesty, but I know I need professional help, even if it is to learn how to process my thoughts. Things are......weird in my head.

My blog (which I am trying to create an online thought path) is: apathyisnotalwaysokay.blog.com

Meg - My plan is to shave all my hair off again at some point & probably dye what little I have left, purple so dread aren't necessary. I'll never stop fiddling with my hair though!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 pm

MrsEss wrote:
2. I'm off to a counsellor at some point too. I have issues/demons that I've refused to face (not because I didn't want to, just because I thought myself as "normal" if that makes sense)
I know that feeling! I stupidly thought I had no issues (childhood especially) until I started therapy, I was just crushing it all down inside. It does help for me at least just to get it all out to a neutral party. It did feel VERY uncomfortable at first though.

zaea

Post by zaea » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:49 pm

For me it was realizing that the way I grew up wasn't normal. It took me a long time to come to terms with that and to come to terms with the other issues that stemmed from it. My upbringing could have been a lot worse, but it also could have been a lot better as well.
I believe a lot of it was behind why I chose to stay with a psychopath for two years (aside from my own stupidity).

Hello again from a million years ago x_o

I deleted my facebook, stopped posting online in general, and stopped talking to a lot of people including some family. It was a nice 'purge' from a lot of negativity. I've since re-activated my facebook but deleted 3/4 of the people because if I'm not comfortable sharing info online with them, maybe I shouldn't have them on my fb. Woo.

I have real dreads, too. They drive me insane and I constantly think they're going to unravel and fall apart and my hair will be ruined and/or explode. They're less than a month old; I'm told this is a normal reaction for the next year or so. Fuck. I've read the Maintenance archive and I still catch myself with the stupid crochet hook going after those loose hairs.

I had surgery about 3 weeks ago and get the lovely opportunity of having surgery again to see if they can remove the affected cells without giving me a hysterectomy. This is fabulous because I quite love having weird, sharp, and electrified objects inserted into my fun bits. (Please shoot me)

I do hope this place stays active. This is one of the few places I feel comfortable posting (even if it's once in a while) because it wasn't absolutely saturated in negativity.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:07 am

I've been taking a look at that, Sarah. I hope it helps and things start to get better! I often wondered if I needed to talk about issues that I had when I was younger, and really, they're issues I still have now because of it. I effing hate 'coping' with things now.

I haven't had any dreads or anything in a couple of years. I know my boyfriend loves my Gracey dreads, although I'm on hiatus from silver for a bit, due to seven years of it. I'd like a blue version for my hair now, but I haven't a clue where to start on anything near the quality of my Gracey ones.

I'd hoped this place would pick up too, but it's really hard to keep conversations going, even when people are posting here and there to get it started again! I could be on here all morning and have nothing, so I suppose if everyone is busy, nothing gets posted and it just gets quieter.

I'm off for a liquid lunch today. My two mates from uni and I meet up every week and drink for about 9 hours. I never end up slaughtered though, which is nice, though we always seem to attract pissheads and/or crackheads.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”