Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you back!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
trippytroll

Re: Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you ba

Post by trippytroll » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 am

i still consider this place as home an really hope it doesnt die completely.
i really miss the good old days when it was buzzing.

sorry to hear you are going through a hard time sarah, i am going to check out your blog. i really hope you get to a happier/better place.

meg i think everyone should experience at least one festival in their life lol
i love taking my kids to the smaller ones. the are so free! merlin always seems to spend most of his time in the dance tents dancing the night away!

gracey im glad the writing course went well for you.
it really was awful what happened to the shop, i hope yourself and everyone there can get through it.

zaea i hope your next lot of surgery goes well for you

love and hugs to everyone xxx
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am

zaea wrote:For me it was realizing that the way I grew up wasn't normal. It took me a long time to come to terms with that and to come to terms with the other issues that stemmed from it. My upbringing could have been a lot worse, but it also could have been a lot better as well.
Pretty much the same for me! I also have bipolar disorder and I have read stuff about it being more likely after extreme stress as a child/teen or whatever. So I do wonder about that. It is what it is though! :)

On a happier note, my new tattoo is almost healed :D it's a cover up and I'm so happy with it. No longer have to walk past the mirror and say fuck you to the old one!!!

Better get on with the housework I'm supposed to be doing...so happy people are posting here again :mrgreen:

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm sorry for everyone having hard times at the moment due to illnesses both mental and physical!

Its a little comforting to see that despite all being different we all have issues, and they're not things to hide or be ashamed of, just one of those things.

Luckily for me my parents were on top of things enough for me to see a psychologist and things when I was younger. I had crushing anxiety, and whilst I still suffer and have severe social anxiety and can't talk to people, it gets better with the more things I do.

I think everyone has some kinda demons, Sarah well done for being brave and facing them head on! I'm glad you're not gonna stop with the hair, I didn't think you could! Plus, you're an inspiration of a workin' mum who hasnt lost her sense of style.

I had a major argument hangover today, you know where you wake up still angry and hurt and it ruins your day? I seriously had two full on arguments with the OT because he refuses to fold his t-shirts and doesnt see any reason to do so.

zaea

Post by zaea » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:
Pretty much the same for me! I also have bipolar disorder and I have read stuff about it being more likely after extreme stress as a child/teen or whatever. So I do wonder about that. It is what it is though! :)
I do, too...Hmmm...
Unfortunately I have no idea which came first. :< My memory of my childhood to this day is still pretty fuzzy, I blocked a lot of it out I guess. It's amazing how I could block something out like that and not notice that I did. Denial is some serious shit.

Thank you for the well wishes trippytroll, hopefully this is the last one I have to go through. I hate them, I hate them so much.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Mkatsi wrote: Its a little comforting to see that despite all being different we all have issues, and they're not things to hide or be ashamed of, just one of those things.
agreed :)

Speaking of hair, I actually had a little partial install recently, then had a fullish head, but it's been so warm they started to annoy me! Still, I thought I would have forgotten how to install by now, but nope, still in my brain :lol:

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

*waves* hello ladies. It's lovely to see activity on here. I was very sad when it died down and although I lurked, I stopped posting altogether.

Big hugs to everyone having tough times at the moment. It's good you feel comfortable discussing it here. I know it helps me out reading that people are coping in similar circumstances to myself. Especially discussing things that I wouldn't freely do on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:08 pm

*waves back*

I'm getting tingly being on here again. Makes me warm and fuzzy

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Mkatsi wrote:
I think everyone has some kinda demons, Sarah well done for being brave and facing them head on! I'm glad you're not gonna stop with the hair, I didn't think you could! Plus, you're an inspiration of a workin' mum who hasnt lost her sense of style.

Damn straight! :P

In fairness, it took me years to figure out who I *am* & I feel more like the person I want to be, now I'm in my thirties. In my twenties I stuck to black (!) jeans, tops etc and rarely did anything to my hair/face etc. It took a while after having Seth to realise that I was more than just caregiver" and needed to attempt to be me again. In fact! It was this place that helped that.

Ahem, here is me. Aged 21/22:

Zero effort, right there! :P :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 am

Hello! Someone just pointed me back to this and it was so nice to see HEF lives.
I've just turned the big 30 a few weeks ago and am really starting to feel my age. The amount of grey hair on my head is depressing.
My business is doing well, 3 years on from going full time. I'll be exhibiting at London edge again this September if anyone is going and wants to say hi.
It's great to see so many familiar faces and names after so long.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm

That's a really cute picture though, Sarah :D hey Sally *wave*

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:39 pm

hey sally!!
thats great news to hear you business is doing well :D

11 months after my accident, i am now able to walk round the house unaided, im so chuffed and it feels amazing walking again.I look really silly walking and its all very uncomfortable and a have a long way to go yet, but tis a start and hopefully no going back now!
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm so happy for you Sophie. It seems like things are finally looking up for you. :)
*Rule Obsessor*

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Super chuffed to see people return! Keep it up, it gives me warm fuzziness :)

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Sophie! YAY! Thats awesome for you!

Sarah! Its a cute pic though! And no one can look stylish all the time. Its hard work!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:52 am

Hahahaa. True.

Well, today I'm in charge of the store. To wake me up this glorious Friday morning I'm listening to Iron Maiden.

Tonight involves editing the assistant manager's work shirt.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:18 am

trippytroll wrote:\

11 months after my accident, i am now able to walk round the house unaided, im so chuffed and it feels amazing walking again.I look really silly walking and its all very uncomfortable and a have a long way to go yet, but tis a start and hopefully no going back now!
Great news :D
Mkatsi wrote: And no one can look stylish all the time. Its hard work!
Oh damn straight...*sitting around in a giant Minnie Mouse tshirt* hahaha :P

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:56 am

thank you ladies :)
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Anyone up to anything interesting this weekend? I don't think I am...just enjoying having the husband around, and probably watching movies and trying a few new recipes :mrgreen: oh and going to the gym. I want to see The Conjuring at some point, but I don't think it's out here yet for another week or so, boooo.

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 pm

No plans for the weekend really. I'm teaching two hen parties tomorrow so that'll be fun, but not much else planned.

Adam has just got a new job at phones 4 U (thank god! I was paying for everything) and he's keeping his old job too so working strange hours and lots of days so don't think I'll see him over the weekend.

I have a couple of videos to shoot but its effort D: I don't want to keep making vids that are just me talking to a camera you know? I want them to be pretty and exciting.

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Nah im not upto anything, its's just me and the boys. Maisie has been away since last thursday with my mom staying down at watermouth cove in mom and dads caravan, she's back sunday. And matthew is working at worley fayre festival helping his mate set up his art tent, he went wednesday and is back tuesday.
I really want to go and watch the new percy jackson film, but me and the boys went to watch smurfs 2 in the and its cost me £26, so not really sure i wanna fork out another £26 watching something.plus i find cinemas so uncomfortable!
So ill probably carry on dreading and watching degrassi!
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm super super excited at the moment. I'm getting to go back to Italy for a couple of days in October for work, but e en better than that os the fact they now need me in our Japan office for a week. I'm uber excited about this I can't explain how happy I am :)
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh, that's amazing Lesley!

Well done to Adam, Meg. Mobile phone retail is incredibly infuriating and hugely stressful, but there's always something to do or new products to learn (play with)

I'm changing my hair colour, I was gonna cut it off but I have Managed a messy thing today that I really like. So new colour, as opposed to cutting it all off.

Also, today I have spent £30 on knickers that only my Mr will see. Technically, it's for his birthday. Hahahaaa. New undies are for him :P

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend Sophie.

Yay for new jobs! Especially in this economic climate.

I'm doing lots this weekend, as I'm in Disney World. About to go and get very drunk by drinking around the world at Epcot in world showcase. :i9:

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:33 pm

thanks sally!
hope you have a fab time in disney, im extremely jealous!!

sarah from one of your fb statuses about giving richard his bday pressie early, does that mean he has seen your new undies, and you've had fun ?? :lol: :lol:
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Sarah I was about to ask to see them, but you said they're only for himself ;) bet they're nice!

Guys

Guys

I am lactose intolerant (I can eat chocolate and things with milk in, but not mainly milk based products) so why did I decide ice cream was a good idea tonight?

Ouch :(

SALLY I AM SO JEALOUS I WANNA BE AT DISNEY!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”