Advice after ordering dreads.

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ProudToBeDifferent

Advice after ordering dreads.

Post by ProudToBeDifferent » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Sorry all, just need some advice. I ordered a set of dreads about 5 months ago,the seller did explain why its taken so long. Spoke to her about 3 1/2 weeks ago and was told they were half done and would be finished that week. Now she is not answering my texts, emails or calls. I really don't know what to do as it's a lot of money for me to loose :(. Any advice?

Miss Liberty

Re: Advice after ordering dreads.

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:31 pm

are they a member of the board? Do they have a review thread? After 5 months of waiting and 3.5 weeks of no communication, you may be approaching name and shame territory. Unfortunately I am not sure what else you may be able to do. I think most Paypal disputes have to be made within 90 days.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 pm

I'd be concerned. In fact, I'd have been concerned after 2 months let alone 5. I've been on the receiving end of something similar before & all I did was email her DAILY until she replied & I eventually got my money back.

It also made me incredibly wary of sellers on line & as a result I have 3, maybe dread sellers I will use as I know they are honest & reliable.

If they're not replying to you, seriously hassle them & they'll have to reply eventually. Failing that, I'm afraid you're probably out of pocket unless you search through PP T&C's - I know you can sometimes claim as long as you have transfer details from your bank stating what it was for & so on.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ProudToBeDifferent

Post by ProudToBeDifferent » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:21 pm

*sighs* I have been texting almost daily and have rang a few times, I have sent her messages on here too. Its really sad and annoying :( Saved for ages for dreads, sad I know but a good set isn't cheap. I wouldn't wish her to loose customers but I don't want the same thing to happen to others as I know its a lot of money to loose and a long time to wait to loose it if you know what I mean? Well I guess I'll keep trying for a while, but its really stressing me out plus I really wanted some dreads. I guess I'll have to find someone else to make me some and start saving again and hope this doesn't happen again.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 am

Do they have a review thread on here? I would definitely be leaving a review if I were you. It's amazing what a bit of negative publicity can do in giving someone a kick up the arse!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

ProudToBeDifferent

Post by ProudToBeDifferent » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm

I have PM'd them on here and it hasn't delivered so I don't think they have been on here. Still no contact and have tried sending more messages, do you think it's time to give up?

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm

If your pm is sat in your outbox that just means they haven't read it yet.

Don't give up. Seriously, make a post in reviews so everyone else knows this seller hasn't delivered. If you don't they could rip another person off.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ProudToBeDifferent

Post by ProudToBeDifferent » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm

OK, will do and thank you all for your advice, will let you know if I ever get a reply.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”