clothes dye? :/

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Miss_Panda

clothes dye? :/

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 pm

I have a light blue jean skirt that i love just not the colour lol XD
i want to dye it black so would a 50g of dylon hand dye be enough or would i need something else?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

PirateQueen

Re: clothes dye? :/

Post by PirateQueen » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:23 am

I really like using Dylons "Wash And Dye" in Velvet Black. You don't need to add anything to it, just bung it in the washing machine and run a wash cycle. The colour seems a lot faster and less likely to bleed than cold water dyes like Dylon Hand dye.

OMgcooties

Post by OMgcooties » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:25 pm

It usually says on the pack how much dye you need :) The brand I used last time needed 1kg of salt to be put into the machine along with the dye.

A bit of a threadjack if I may, I have a pair of bright neon pink jeans that I'd like to dye black, do you think the dye would stick nicely, or would I have to bleach them first?

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Off topic, but I have a packet of black Dylon that I need getting rid of. (The small, circular one)
You can have it if you pay for the postage x
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

TwiggyDEVOUR

Post by TwiggyDEVOUR » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:08 pm

PirateQueen wrote:I really like using Dylons "Wash And Dye" in Velvet Black. You don't need to add anything to it, just bung it in the washing machine and run a wash cycle. The colour seems a lot faster and less likely to bleed than cold water dyes like Dylon Hand dye.
As said here^
Use the washing machine version instead of the hand dye type. Its less messy, especially when dealing with black dyes ;o just remember to pick up a bag of salt too. They should sell it along side the fabric dyes in your store.

PirateQueen

Post by PirateQueen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 am

OMgcooties wrote:It usually says on the pack how much dye you need :) The brand I used last time needed 1kg of salt to be put into the machine along with the dye.

A bit of a threadjack if I may, I have a pair of bright neon pink jeans that I'd like to dye black, do you think the dye would stick nicely, or would I have to bleach them first?
As long as the jeans are cotton you should be fine just dyeing straight over them. And the particular dye I mentioned earlier - Dylon "Wash and Dye" doesn't need anything added to it, not even salt, you just empty the packet into the washing machine drum and run a wash cycle. You can get it in Tesco's (and probably other supermarkets) - they stock it in with the washing powders and it costs about £4

OMgcooties

Post by OMgcooties » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am

They're 98% cotton and 2% elasthane afaik, so I guess I should be fine then. Will defo try it out, thanks! :D

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”