The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (13)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Gracey

Re: The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (1

Post by Gracey » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Yeah, I was told your core is like your own muscular corset
Did I tell you that Sarah? It's one of my lines.

I think I must have managed to lose some weight. I don't know what I weigh now or even what I weighed to start with, but my work trousers are way too big. They have been sitting lower and lower on my hips while trailing more and more on the floor. Today, the inevitable happened and I stood on the bottom, causing them to reveal my actual arse.

That was the high point of today. And that tells you everything you need to know.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Oooft, that doesn't sound like a good day, Gracey! Hope you have a better what's left of the evening.

I knew my core/abs were a lot stronger when I slipped about 6ft on ice and managed to hold myself up mostly using my core, it really hurt though!

Hometime in half an hour. Think I'll be going right to sleep. Had a terrible sleep last night thanks to annoying stuff like, a dog whining, someone shovelling snow at 23:00?! oh and then I was just drifting off and a snow plow rumbled by. Hope tonight is better!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:48 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:Yeah, I was told your core is like your own muscular corset
Did I tell you that Sarah? It's one of my lines.
More than likely Grace.

Amy, same as before. Only this time she's added a "hip thrusting" one in to the mix. I'm gonna have a smoke, do my stretches, have a shower & probably pass out. so much has pissed me off today.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:15 am

Hey all.....I'm still getting over this bloody UTI *grrrrumble*

It's getting better now instead of worse, and I should get my results back from the Dr today...they did a pre-emptive diagnosis of UTI, and I don't really doubt that's what it is. I keep bloating up like a balloon....not nice. At one point a few days ago, I literally looked (and felt) about 4 month pregnant. Seriously.

I said to Dan "I look fucking PREGNANT!" and him thinking I was just having an "I'm fat" moment, he said "no you don't" without looking. So I replied "I DOOOOOO" and whapped my belly out....he turned round and said "My God, you actually do!" :lol:

Aside from that though, everything's good. I'm back to my pre-Christmas weight after a lazy month of dieting. I have been exercising, but this UTI has put paid to that for a week or so. So frustrating as I was just starting to notice results and now I'm probably back to square one.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 am

My friend keeps getting a massive bloat on too - they're testing her for coeliacs, chrons & various other ailments.

Hugs Liz, hope you're on the mend soon.

I woke up to a new phone case, a demand for £10 from the TV license people & I've clearly slept in a comfortable position because my hips feel awful. I need to check my finances, I've been paid a pittance from work & will be getting pittance next month too - stupid hours reduction >__< so I'm not sure if the gym is a feasible option right now
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm

ScarletLady wrote: I said to Dan "I look fucking PREGNANT!" and him thinking I was just having an "I'm fat" moment, he said "no you don't" without looking. So I replied "I DOOOOOO" and whapped my belly out....he turned round and said "My God, you actually do!" :lol:
Oh god, you have to laugh! Hope you feel better soon though. I bloat up like mad at the weekend, usually after eating too many carbs, and diet coke :lol:

My legs are killing me from my workout yesterday, so much fun when you have to walk like a weirdo in the snow/ice!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Richard reckons the only way to "fix" me is to have surgery to fuse my sacrum back to my pelvis. I don't want surgery, but I reckon he may be right. He had to come & rescue me from tesco as I was using the trolley to hold my weight up as my hips hurt so much. I swear, SPD was't this bad & I though SPD was agonising D:

On the plus side though, I'm off to see Dani tomorrow :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Owwww, Sarah :( hope you're feeling better soon. I guess surgery might be worth it if it fixed the problem.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Have they not mentioned epidurals, Sarah? Paul goes for three a year and they help him immensely. It's not really the pain relief they do it for but to create a 'window of opportunity' where the physio can really be whacked up and be effective.

Liz, glad you're on the mend and hope they are right and have it cracked.
ShadowThrone wrote:walk like a weirdo
That made me laugh. I slogged my way through 90 minutes of exercise yesterday and woke up with exactly that walk. So much so that I had to do the lower body workout again before work this morning to sort it out. A kind of hair of the dog for fucking nutters.

I've had a funny old day today; arrived in town to be met with a bomb scare and a huge courdon. I found myself in backstreets I've never been down in an attempt to get around it and into work. Turns out some divvy left a laptop in a bag with some cables so they blew it up to be sure. I bloody hate it when my morning routine gets upended, I've been in a growler of a mood all day.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Eek! Scary stuff Grace.

No, not yet Grace, but I did read online about cortisone injections right in to gap between the hip & the sacrum - yummy. My local nhs always tries to fix you the cheapest way possible first though so if after a week or so I feel no different I'll be off to the docs & asking for some xrays or something to 100% ascertain what the issue is & a permanent (if there is a thing) fix.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:59 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:
ShadowThrone wrote:walk like a weirdo
That made me laugh. I slogged my way through 90 minutes of exercise yesterday and woke up with exactly that walk. So much so that I had to do the lower body workout again before work this morning to sort it out. A kind of hair of the dog for fucking nutters.
:lol: sometimes it's the only way! or you end up walking even funnier...my calves are giving me the most trouble at the mo, seems to have eased off on the butt!

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 pm

I went swimming last night for the first time in years. I forgot how tiring it was and my legs wouldn't work when i got out of the pool. I even struggled getting dressed. I'm making it a weekly thing, as I'm determined to get fit again.

There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day at the moment :( So much to do and nowhere near enough time to do it.
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:44 am

I got some Umberto Gianni nail stickers last month....first use they peeled off after a day, this time I figured I'd do something else & have put a strip on my 3rd finger on each hand.....they've been on around 3 or so hours & the one on my dominant hand is already showing epic wear.

This makes me so sad & so mad.

Also,I have no idea what to wear tomorrow :/

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:44 am

My test results say "no further action" so it is "just" a UTI. I actually feel a bit better today. I'm pissed I haven't been able to exercise though.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a shitty time with your hips Sarah....sending (careful) hugs xxx

Hope you have a good time today :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Well, at least it's not more serious Liz.

thank you hon, I got a lovely message on here from a member who has similar issues so she gave me some lovely tips & advice.

Ladies....next week I'm at work for one day :shock: We're over hours, so the rest of my week will be holiday time. I think I might start my knicker experiment. (for those not following my facebook page I'm gonna attempt to make some pants)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote: I think I might start my knicker experiment.
That made me chuckle :lol:

Eaten too much...must be Saturday!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:29 pm

No, scrap that. I'm not at work all week.

Which, in a sense is wonderful but I kinda rely on my extra hours but hey ho. Time to do very little :P

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 am

I ate too much yesterday too. Well, not really too much but all the wrong things. But the Haagen dazs was worth it, frankly.

I have managed to sleep until 9am and still wake up feeling grumpy and full of aches. Yoga date with Elfin at 10:30am.

Because nothing dents the ego like yoga with a 10 year old gymnast.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 pm

I need to go to the shop & pick up some supplies. I need to take K with me but he's currently sat next to me paying games on my phone & doesn't seem to want to move....cupcake making is srs bsns apparently :lol:

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 am

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. It's almost Thursday. Seth is being observed on Thursday morning for an hour to see if he has some form of Aspergers,

I'm not looking forward to the meeting afterwards, if I'm entirely honest. :/

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. It's almost Thursday. Seth is being observed on Thursday morning for an hour to see if he has some form of Aspergers,

I'm not looking forward to the meeting afterwards, if I'm entirely honest. :/

Hugs (I've pm'd you too - hope thats ok!)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Totally fine Kelly, thank you.

I've not mentioned this on Facebook & although i reckon no one would say anything, I'd appreciate it if this wasn't discussed on there.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Hope it's all ok, Sarah.

Evening all...laziness going on here, gotta be up earlyish for a doctors appointment, blood test, meh.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Stage one of my neck corset is complete. I can't decide how to fasten it though. Press studs, eyelets, or a zip - if I can find one short enough.

I need to edit some gloves too, but for now I require chocolate which involves going to the shop.

Or not.....the Mr. has decided to do the weights, so I might just sit & watch........

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote: I've not mentioned this on Facebook & although i reckon no one would say anything, I'd appreciate it if this wasn't discussed on there.
That goes without saying my lovely

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”