The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (13)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (1

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Afternoon all. Another beautiful day in Oslo, warm enough to be sitting in the park in the sun- amazing. I think this time last year we were still trudging through snow. Hope everyones having a nice Sunday!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 pm

I've had a fairly productive one. First felt is complete and I have the synth set backcombed entirely. Also done is some work in my yarden, ready for planting.

I'm awaiting the return of Paul and Elfin, who have been to Blackpool for the day. Given that I need to unpick her braids and wash her hair tonight, it's entirely unsurprising that they are not yet home. I think it's wriiten in the Dad's Handbook not to give a fuck about such trivialities as bath-night.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Ok, so just found out my uncle has cancer. ummm, yeah. Please don't post anything on my facebook, certain family members don't know yet.

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote:Ok, so just found out my uncle has cancer. ummm, yeah. Please don't post anything on my facebook, certain family members don't know yet.

*hugs*

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 am

Thanks alot lovely. How is everyone today?

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 am

Hope your ok mon, sending you big hugs lovely xxx

Morning ladies, i am alive and well after saturdays shenanigans.
The outdoor laser quest was amazing, like real life call of duty. We then terrorised durham with 24 topgun characters and our well endowed blow up doll called freddy. Ive laughed so hard that my throat and chest are sore now :lol:
We ended up in a club and i must have though i was auditioning to join diversity. I though i was doing some tasty moves but i probably just looked like a right tit :oops: :lol: popping and locking has never looked so shit.

Im full of cold/hayfever this morning, dont know which it is till i get some anti histamines.
Im off to pilates in a bit and then it MOAR Pebble painting :)
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 am

I was looking at some images on Facebook, Richard was confused by the camo gear.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:I was looking at some images on Facebook, Richard was confused by the camo gear.
Haha twas top gun themed :D but my look got kind of blurry once the hens attached my veil, tiara, tattoo sleeves and party girl sash!
Wish you had been there hun, it was a scream :lol:
Im just waiting for pilates to start, should be interesting because my muscles are already sore from extreme dancing!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 am

Haha. Indeed. I don't think I'd have made it to stockton though in time for Seth to get to yesterday's grading.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:11 am

Hey ladies! Just popping in quickly to say hello while baby Rosie is sleeping!

I plan on writing up on the mommy thread about everything that has happened but ATM I cant because it just makes me cry so I will write a brief here.

Rosie had to be delivered via emergency c- section due to her irregular heart beat being unmoniterable during regular labour. Turns out she has a few problems with her heart, which meant she was in neo natal care for the first 5 days in Shrewsbury then she was transferred to Birmingham children's hospital. While we were in Shrewsbury we were given pretty dire news about her condition which turned out to be completely wrong. Worst 12 hours of my life. I have never felt despair like it.
She has been diagnosed with a coronary fistula (basically a extra artery in her heart) and 2:1 heart block, which means for every two electrical pulses, her heart pumps once, or something like that. I'm still getting my head round it tbh. She came home at a week old as she is doing so well, feeding, putting on weight and generally acting like a normal newborn, she had no drugs or medical intervention the whole time in hospital she was just monitored with piles of wires on her, poor darling. It was a week before I held her without wires!

We have been back to brum since, and she will have to have keyhole surgery to correct the coronary fistula, which may or may not fix the heart block. If it doesn't she will probably have to have a pacemaker. We have to go back every two weeks for her to be monitered and have lots of things to keep an eye out for at home.

Other than that, she is totally amazing, I cant explain how much I love her, I am besotted :D If we didn't know about her problems, you couldn't tell, she feeds like crazy, sleeps well, fills her nappy lol and is growing fast! She's perfect to me :D

Still can't help but worry, which is natural I'm sure. Will keep you all posted on how things go as often as I can!

Thanks for all the kind messages :)

Hope your all ok too xxx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 am

Ooh you've got me welling up Kellye! I'm so glad she's doing so well, and I sincerely hope her surgery goes well and fixes the problem.

Sending mad love to you all xxx
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

Glad she is doing well now Kellye, lovely name too :)

Afternoon all...got a day off today. Been to the doctors and meeting a friend for coffee later. Can't wait for all that lovely Easter time off next week!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

Oh Kellye, I'm so happy you have posted; I was just thinking of you this morning. Keep smiling doll and enjoying your baby girl. Everyone here is rooting for you both. Xx

Second felt is now complete and so I'm off into the sunshine to crochet some synth. This is my last day off until I close the business. I can't wait for my days off not to be taken up ny working.

Gracey xx

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Awww kellye, give baby rosie a hug from me (and a hug for you also ;) )

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Kellye Thats such good news that she's doing well. All the best to you xxx

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Kellye I can't imagine how stressful that must have been/is for you but am so glad she is doing well. * big hugs* Look after yourself xx
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Aah, I wondered how you guys were, I did text the other day but guessed no news meant you were busy. Good luck with everything hon.

Ladies. Tonight I am annoyed with "motivational" posters. Some, yes. Ok, fine. But most actually make my blood boil. Sometimes I look and they make me think I need to do something about my size. I AM A HEALTHY WEIGHT! It's wrong, so very, very wrong. If they make someone that has never had an eating disorder question themself then what the hell will they do to someone with one? I've just thought, maybe the creators actually do have one.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being fit, healthy and out for self improvement BUT I am happy, I am relatively healthy and. IDK. In my head I know what I mean, I guess if you're not me it might not make any sense. I just needed to vent a little.

In other news, I have done tics twice today. Not because of seeing one too many irritating posters on line but because I've needed prescription pain killers to stem my back pain, again. I won't live on painkillers. So back to tics, 6 times a week. My flexibility has died a horrible death.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

RxQueen

Post by RxQueen » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
In other news, I have done tics twice today. Not because of seeing one too many irritating posters on line but because I've needed prescription pain killers to stem my back pain, again. I won't live on painkillers. So back to tics, 6 times a week. My flexibility has died a horrible death.

what is "tics?"

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:22 am

Callanetics.

I did an abs workout yesterday and a lower body one. I went at it hard because I like to feel the burn but I'm not aching at all.

I'm at work today and am already annoyed with my customer as he doesn't know if he can get there on time because he is coming from so far away. He lives in Salford! If people get there on time from London, he will need to be prepared to meet my wrath if he interrupts my Tuesday. They are bad enough as it is.

Gracey xx

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 am

Urgh hayfever :(

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:59 am

I have just demolished the finest veggie breakfast known to man. Two sausages, two fried eggs, fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes, baked beans, toasted homemade granary bread and filter coffee. I've had to provide my own fag but you can't win 'em all. This is what happens when customers arse around.

Gracey xx

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

woolhairhabit wrote:I'm at work today and am already annoyed with my customer as he doesn't know if he can get there on time because he is coming from so far away. He lives in Salford! If people get there on time from London, he will need to be prepared to meet my wrath if he interrupts my Tuesday. They are bad enough as it is.
Hehehe! If I can get there on time from Hastings, taking a bus across the country in the middle of feet of snow, then he's got no excuse! Tell him to stop whinging and making excuses and man up!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 am

Exactly, Mindi. He was 90mins late and did meet my wrath. Not least because he has pecked my head on Facebook over what turned out to be the very normal fluffy stage of baby dreads. Tsk.

Gracey xx

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey ladies, got bad news today.

My sister found out she was 4 weeks pregnant last week, after many years trying for a second child. Two years ago she gave up trying and had resigned herself to just having one kid so you can imagine her surprise when the test was positive! lastnight she had extreme stomach pain so she went to A&E. They told her to come back today and it turns out that the pregnancy was ectopic so she is being kept in so they can take it away :(
Gutted is not the word, we were all so excited. I suppose on the up side its a good thing they found it so early or it could have done her serious damage.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Aw, Lisa that's awful. I'm so sorry. One of my friends had an ectopic recently too and she was devastated. We do know someone who actually lost her life through one though so that helped her with perspective. I hope you're all ok. Xx

Gracey xx

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”