THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Vicsarina

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Having been on the other end, I can tell you it isn't fun. Being bottom rung of the ladder, unable to do fuck all and someone on the other end is screaming at you whilst you're trying to do your best but its just not good enough...

Yeah, I still have nightmares. And I was only in the Planning Department. Not like it was even life threatening. :(
*Rule Obsessor*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm sure it's not. But nobody should work for Environmental Health and not expect to deal with shit. Literally and metaphorically speaking, both.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Vicsarina wrote:Having been on the other end, I can tell you it isn't fun. Being bottom rung of the ladder, unable to do fuck all and someone on the other end is screaming at you whilst you're trying to do your best but its just not good enough...

Yeah, I still have nightmares. And I was only in the Planning Department. Not like it was even life threatening. :(
Agreed, I worked a help-line for a year...I've dealt with shouty people.

Hence why I always keep my tone respectful...especially if I'm talking to someone who is not at fault ;)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Ah, well the twonk in question actually called me and was no lowly rung of the ladder. Having told me the raw sewage that has festered in the alley since December was none of my concern, I think I gave him all the respect he deserves. Which is fuck all, in case that isn't clear. I didn't swear at him, or offer to come and leave shit at their door, which I do believe shows considerable restraint on my behalf.

He was a different bloke when he phoned to tell me what they are going to do about it. Now I just have to hope they actually do. And so do they.

Gracey xx

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Heh, I'm on the receiving end of complaints made to the council, but I work for a contractor. People do complain about stupid things sometimes, I'm kinda glad I have relatively few legitimately angry people to deal with. They're logged through a central system, so a lot of people have calmed down a bit by the time I phone them back! Glad I don't work on the call desk.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm watching Devil's Advocate...

I can't decide whether scary Pacino or plank-face Keanu is more worthy of my affections??

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

I have no bathroom door. Considering my bathroom is at the top of the stairs & you can see in to it from the bottom of the stairs has made a mildly interesting evening.

I've been sitting on the arm of my sofa braiding some gorgeous Phoenix Naturals in for Lisa. HOLY SHIT that woman is a shadow of her former self. Her weight loss is amazing, truly amazing. I was nice & fed her Chinese food :D Which we had to order twice as the original order was wrong.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 pm

The chinese was great sarah, really sorted my dodgy stomach out and i have my appetite back this morning.
Was a great evening, i even got a goodnight kiss off korben and seth :D

Im painting pebbles and watching LA INK, im so rock and roll its untrue!
I popped into my sisters lastnight on my way home and she gave me some beautiful silver and gold daisy earrings for my wedding. Spoilt lisa is spoilt!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

The bathroom door is a bit of a joke in our house; I doubt they would notice if it wasn't there. Paul actually phones me from the toilet most days.

Hence, I am forced to spend time this afternoon drooling over old footage of Lenny Kravitz on youtube.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:19 pm

We're a bit ridiculous with the bathroom door too, generally it gets left open, the other day we had my OH peeing, me doing my hair and the cat drinking water from the tap, does get closed for a number two though ;)

Well I've been to work today, feeling almost back to 'normal', just still feeling tired. Dinner soon though, and relaxing time.

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Good evening ladies!
Im eagerly awaiting derby practice, i hope my massive dreads fit into the small helmet :lol: may need a XL haha
Whats everyone up to tonight?
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Lisa, I know of a few ladies who stopped wearing dreads due to not being able to get them in to their helmet at Derby Practise.

Today, Richard has rang the bathroom place & complained. Someone came down to see how the install was going & he complained to them too. A short story for you all: The guys that turned up on Monday were expecting to rip the bathroom out as they hadn't been told it had been done on Sunday, so they turned up without any equipment to start the bathroom, so they had to go to B&Q to buy gypsum & whatnot. The bathroom arrived later that day & they sent us the wrong sink, then today when they started to fit it, there are no drainage parts for the shower with the order & they ran out of ceiling cladding.

Needless to say Richard was rather displeased to the point of telling who he spoke to he wasn't going to pay them. The guy who came down, luckily understood why Richard was unhappy & said he'd look in to it. I want a mother fucking discount for this!!!! Nothing is ever bloody simple. >_____<
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Hope it gets sorted Sarah. And Lisa, I have had many customers who had to source extra-large helmets for Derby/ bikes/ horse riding.

Even though I am well into my 4th decade of being a girl, I have just had a horrendous grooming incident which proves, once and for all, that I am shit at it.

Some would call it hair removal but I don't do it often so it becomes something more akin to what Lisa does for a living. It is very personal so I will spare you the details. But suffice it to say that, for a few awful minutes, I thought I would have to cancel my coil-fitting appointment in the morning.

Gracey xx

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Gracey, that reminds me of a rather amusing hair removal incident involving my husband, a pot of wax and a confident assertion that 'it can't hurt that much!'.

Needless to say, he whimpered like a girl with the first pull of the wax strip, and refused to let me pull any more of it off. I *accidentally* failed to mention that the wax is oil-solvable and proceeded to watch him desperately wash his nether regions in a hot bath trying to melt the wax off. Until about 20 minutes later when, picking myself up off the floor from a laughing fit, I handed him some oil and told him to soak it off with that.

He has never once doubted my pain threshold during any hair removal process since.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Mindi, take your story and add in an unfortunate accident with some toilet paper and you pretty much have my disaster. I have spent a good twenty minutes with a bottle of Napolena olive oil, prising loo-roll from my under-carriage.

Gracey xx

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Oh dear! Toilet paper + wax = large sticky papery mess! Not a good look anywhere on the body!

This pretty much sums up why I am now in the process of having all of my usually removed body hair lasered off. I cannot wait to be permanently free of the usual hair removal trauma!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Well my new campaign training is going well, we're part of the low carbon london programme, calling existing customers in london to tell them about the new meters etc... Its ongoing for at least 3 months but if we're successful in meeting our target then it could go on for longer. Fingers crossed!

In other news i'm finding it very hard to keep my comments to myself about a cousin of mine when all i really want to do is tell her to stop being a daft twat! She's treat her mam like shite this weekend and is currently on FB telling everyone how she also sent her child to school knowing full well that she was ill and that she wasn't well enough.
blah blah blah

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:39 am

Coil appointment did not go well. I went into spasm and, after several attempts, it was abandoned. it was genuinely horrific and has left me somewhat jangling. And now I have to go to work. Marvellous.

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 am

Morning all!

Well the Walking Dead finale was the best episode of the whole season...it actually had ZOMBIES in it FFS

But now, having finished watching Breaking Bad, I have a decent drama shaped hole in my evenings...

Any suggestions? I like grit, sci-fi or horror type things :)

* Queen of Tangents*

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 am

I agree about Walking dead. I wished I'd skipped the whole season apart from the last episode lol.

I currently have several progs all on the go, but I can happily recommend; Grimm, Alcatraz, Fringe, Misfits (only just go around to watching this, I have no idea how it escaped me, I love it), Game of Thrones is back on 2nd April too woo!
I do watch an aweful amount of tv, its quite shameful :oops:

In other news, I have been in the worst mood since the weekend which I haven't been able to shake and now it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep getitng really down lately. I think some retail therapy would help!
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm watching all of those too, except the misfits. I can't wait for fringe to come back and the final season of breaking bad should be amazing!

I had my eye test at hospital. I need a field vision test, I'll get an appointment in the post. I got my new tax credit letter in the post along with a revised housing benefit letter.

My head hurts, I'm sure I got a head ache from having massive pupils allowing every beam of light in to my eyes.

Now, I'm going to get korben and go to Tesco.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Have you tried American Horror Story, Liz? We just finished with The Walking Dead too. We're starting with Six Feet Under now, years behind everyone else.

Gracey, your hair removal comments had me guffawing out loud.

Right, I've got home from work, been for a run and now dinner time!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Jordan had to use those drops that swell the pupil several times a day for 6 months in an attempt to treat her overactive muscle. It didn't work and she had to carry a doctors note in case her tutors thought she was on drugs when they looked at her eyes. She has the field tests every 3 months and also had an electro magnetic light test that I took photos of, because she looked funny and I am a twat.

Today, the strangest thing that anyone has said to me is 'I'm sorry, it looks like I've grazed your cervix.' It bloody feels like it too. She is the Bitch Of The Day.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 pm

woolhairhabit wrote: 'I'm sorry, it looks like I've grazed your cervix.
Eeeep *crosses legs*

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:
woolhairhabit wrote: 'I'm sorry, it looks like I've grazed your cervix.
Eeeep *crosses legs*
I actually cringed! Ouchies Grace!

Hey ladies, been a few days, been a bit gutted about a few things, had to turn some stuff down and got royally messed with. Never mind, the house is empty tonight and I'm going to climb into bed and forget it's happened.

Hair removal, I find I have really sensitive skin, ideas? :( I've always wanted to try wax, but find it might make matters worse?

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”