The Walking Dead

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Lamie

The Walking Dead

Post by Lamie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:20 am

Anyone watch it? Probably the BEST series I have ever seen. Just sayin'. ;)

Librarynerd

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Librarynerd » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 am

Yup. I'm completely obsessed with it but I have to watch it on DVR the next day because it's too scary to watch at night:)

The characters are fantastic. It was so weird to hear the actor that plays Rick Grimes being interviewed, in real life he has this weird posh brit accent. I would have bet good money he was really a native of the southern US.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 am

That's so funny you don't watch it at night! I refuse to watch it alone so I go to my mom's to watch it. Ha!

That last episode was particularly raunchy, huh?

I never would've guessed that he was a brit either. Some really great actors/actresses they have there. =)

xxkinzixx

Post by xxkinzixx » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:02 am

oh, I LOOOOVE that show! However... the comics are even better! Seriously, read them. You will be an addict by the end of the first issue, lol. And Andrew Lincoln (guy who plays Rick) is awesome! He's definitely one of my favorite British actors, especially now that he plays one of the most bad ass zombie slayers ever :D
SYNTHETIKZERO - Custom Jewelry, Synth & Wool Dreads, Hair Accessories
Etsy
Facebook

Zeddread

Post by Zeddread » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 am

Hahaha, see I knew Andrew Lincoln first as an actor over here, so to watch the first episode and see him with an accent was wierd :lol: He is very good at it though!

I LOOOOVE this show! Although I have only watched the first few episodes and then forgot to carry on watching, but this thread has reminded me I need to catch up!
"Hah, Haa! I'll be back to varnish you later you little pine tart!"
Red Rebellion! <3

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Yeah, Madii, the first episode of this season. I'm talking about the "zombie autopsy" scene. My guts were definitely wrenching.

While I'm on the subject-did anyone else notice how T-dog's arm was severely ripped open then he seemed to be fine by the end of the episode? That bugged me because they're usually very good at paying attention to details or following up on things.

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Maybe I'm a hardcore comic snob, but MAN I can't stand this show at all. There's a lot of fantastic actors and the effects are perfect, natch, but Laurie and Shane ruin it for me. I love Andrew Lincoln to bits, but he's not given enough to do and he feels more like a supporting character than the guy that's supposed to carry the entire show. And it doesn't have to be all-zombies, all the time, but every scene between the big set pieces just feels like they're padding it out. I know I'm in the minority here, but after reading the comics for so long, I just feel like the show isn't anywhere near what it could/should be. :roll:

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 am

I've heard other people share your sentiments. Unfortunately, I never read the comics. I'm kind of glad I didn't to be honest. I think that allows me to enjoy the show more. I think the "padding" might be character development? Whatever it is, I like it.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Blooming loved the last episode... I didnt see it coming! (no spoilers don't worry!)

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:Blooming loved the last episode... I didnt see it coming! (no spoilers don't worry!)
I saw it coming seconds before it happened :lol: hadn't crossed my mind until then!

I've been enjoying the series. I haven't read the comics, so I'm just enjoying it with nothing to compare to. I think it's still interesting, I was worried the second series wouldn't be that good.

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't think reading the comics has put me off the show so much as the shoddy writing has. I read the first three Dexter books, and I actually like the show a hell of a lot more. I've never read any of the True Blood books, but nothing really feels that out of place; Lafayette has some of the best storylines on True Blood despite only being in the first book. I just don't think The Walking Dead has been handled very well as a television show, and considering that they've had some excellent source material to go off, it's just kind of been a letdown. It's not bad, just mediocre. :?

manchee

Post by manchee » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm

I love walking dead! It is weird though seeing Egg from This Life with an american accent :lol: (am I showing my age there...? lol)

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Just watched the latest episode and all i can say is :shock: :shock:
Edge of seat and tears stuff it was!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Marklee

Post by Marklee » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:43 pm

I read the comic book only, and I can say I am a fan.

girls actually like the comic more then the guys...strange.

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Love The Walking Dead, it's easily the best thing that television has seen for a long time. Tonight's episode (UK) is the last one until February though :cry: as they're taking a mid season break.

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 am

I am so sad about this break. Argh. Anyone been watching American Horror Story? Really liked it up until the last episode. Don't know where the hell they're gonna go with this one.

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:13 am

Lamie wrote:Anyone been watching American Horror Story?
DEAR CHRIST YES.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 am

I haven't read all the comics but I've read the first few, and I love the show. But then I'm a complete zombie freak and love anything with zombies in...even REALLY bad movies
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

wiccan_willow

Post by wiccan_willow » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 pm

im slacking. i watched the first season on DVD when my friend brought it over and was hooked, i need to catch up online with season 2 :i7:

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm

I've been glued to both American Horror Story and The Walking Dead from the start, and I usually do not watch much tv. Impressive. Although I wish there was more zombie carnage in the second season of WD. Felt like the first season was heart pounding from start to finish, while the second season there was a LOT of standing around and arguing. I get character development and maybe the show will be better for it in the long run, but I wish there was more action!

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Miss Liberty wrote:Although I wish there was more zombie carnage in the second season of WD. Felt like the first season was heart pounding from start to finish, while the second season there was a LOT of standing around and arguing. I get character development and maybe the show will be better for it in the long run, but I wish there was more action!

I agree!! I thought the first half of the second season was a big let down. Yes it had it's moments, but it was like one action packed moment in between a large gap of boorring 'drama'. I understand drama is essential for every tv show, but this isn't even good drama. .It's them just standing around & arguing, EXACTLY what you said Miss Liberty.
After every episode I have to tell myself, 'Maybe the next one will get better..it must', but then there's nothing.

It's like the producers know it will be a popular show no matter what, so they try to pass off this watered-down bullshit. The second half better be worth this wait, the pause already irritates me enough as it is (..what are they taking a break from? I'm hoping to god it's to rework the story line).
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

xxkinzixx

Post by xxkinzixx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Sadly I have to agree... this second season isn't quite what I had hoped for. It's coming off more like a soap opera with occasional zombie attacks. And since I've read the comics it just pisses me off more that this season was way off the story line (Sophia never got lost in the comics, yet this ENTIRE season so far has revolved around that). However, I remember hearing that AMC chopped a sizable chunk of the show's budget before they started the season (apparently they don't want to invest in their best show?? WTF?) so that may have something to do with it seeming stretched out and boring... well done zombies and effects are expensive, but it doesn't cost as much to film people fighting in a field for weeks, lol. Still, I hate to see them ruin such an awesome story :(
SYNTHETIKZERO - Custom Jewelry, Synth & Wool Dreads, Hair Accessories
Etsy
Facebook

manchee

Post by manchee » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm

I dunno, I quite like the whole not so much zombies thing, it makes it seem more real some how, like if this actually happened you would try to find somewhere where you werent continuously attacked. To me its just showing them trying to find some sense of normality, and a life thats more than just survival.

Sharaya

Post by Sharaya » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:53 am

Yeah more action would be a plus I think, but I don't mind it at all the way it is. Daryl is my favorite character though, What about you guys? Shane is a macho douche but I usually agree with his outlook on stuff. He drives me nuts though, ugh. I have heard a lot of people who were worried the show was slowing down too much get excited about this last episode though, so maybe they are gonna start picking things back up now!

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 pm

They brought in Michael Raymond James, and immediately got rid of him.
Yeah, I hate this show. ><

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”