EEK!! Horror film fan thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ScarletLady

EEK!! Horror film fan thread

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:19 am

I found a "films that make you cry" topic but i thought it was time for a "films that make you scream/throw up/laugh yourself silly at the ridiculousness of it all" topic

i'm a HUGE horror film fanatic...was just wondering who else out their loves scary flicks
i lost LOADS of my DVD's a couple of years ago in a fire so i've been gradually rebuilding my collection and adding some new stuff.

Love zombie films most of all - the cheesier the better (flight of the living dead anyone)

me n my other half had a "nightmare on elm street" fest over the weekend and watched all the first 5 films back to back...

oh the joy of it - then went to sleep watching Land of The Dead (romero is king!!)

what horror films do you all like??
Are there any horoor films you actually find scary rather than hilarious??

for me The Descent i found terrifying - but then i am slightly claustrophobic :roll:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

kezerb

Re: EEK!! Horror film fan thread

Post by kezerb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh gawd The Descent made me litterally poop my pants. I couldn't move off the sofa in case somethig grabbed my ankles from underneath the 1/2 an inch gap haha
The grudge also scared me too but I noticed both the badies made similar noises in the movies so maybe that's what I am scared of

EDIT: I submitted this before reading what you said about The Descent :lol:

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 pm

hmm ive never watched a horror movie thats actually scared me!
erm jeepers creepers!! and its sequal... cheese!!
"Once you cressp you just cant splessp"

dinosaur

Post by dinosaur » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 pm

I love horror movies even if I lose a few sleepless nights.
I do get a kick out of horror movies that can actually happen, like say "wrong turn"
but the zombie movies are always a classic of mine.

but i would have to say freddie vs jason was crap, but fun to laugh at.
Dinosaur OH! Dinosaur

V15U4L 3RR0R

Post by V15U4L 3RR0R » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:54 pm

You should watch Zombie Nosh.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 am

My favorites are horror with a lot of gore and some twisted humor, like Dead Alive, Undead, Severance, Murder Party - I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now. Oh, plus any zombie flick really, except land of the Dead (I'm sorry but I really found that one to be kind of lame). I'm a huge horror buff and so is my dad so I guess you could say I was raised on horror. I've been watching 'em since I was a little kid.
Some of the older flicks like Last House on the Left and I Spit on Your Grave are pretty awesome, not to mention The first 3 or so TCM films, after that the sequels just took a bad turn. Freddy, Jason, Michael Meyers... all awesome.
Oh, and you can't discount classic horror like The Creature from The Black Lagoon and other Universal monsters like Frankenstein or Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula etc... Once I'm done with my right arm I'm getting a pin-up Creature from the Black Lagoon chick on my right arm (yay!).
I absolutely LOVE horror films! I also love going to haunted attractions like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios - just so I get that fright/adrenaline rush that horror films sometimes give - so much fun!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:53 am

People always laugh at me when i say this but i actually found the exorcist really scary! and the omen (the original by the way :roll: )

i heard the other day that sam raimi and bruce campbell are reuniting for evil dead 4

i hope it's good - think i'd cry if it was lame!!

Has anyone been to fright fest?? we really wanted to go this year but didn't have the money. I heard they premiered black sheep there last year - that film is hilarious!

* Queen of Tangents*

davendor

Post by davendor » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 pm

The descent is pretty gruesome - though it does leave me a bit confused at the end! Zombie flms scare me a bit - but I have a fear of zombies. 'Zombies on a plane' made me laugh though! Night of the Living dead films I find amusing...I really like the Halloween remake - thought it was well made. Death Watch is just freaking amazing!

I don't EVER watch a zombie movie on my own...well, apart from the resident evil films - but they're extremely poor

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

do you think so??
i really like the resi films! the boxset is in my collection. alice has the best zombie neck breaking kicks ever!

* Queen of Tangents*

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 pm

ScarletLady wrote:do you think so??
i really like the resi films! the boxset is in my collection. alice has the best zombie neck breaking kicks ever!

I really liked the Resident Evil films too, except the newest one.. Extinction I think - in the desert. I really thought that one was kinda pointless. We just watched the first & second ones though and I love them, great action and you can't beat getting an extended eyeful of Milla - rawr!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

zombiehoney

Post by zombiehoney » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:04 pm

ScarletLady wrote:I found a "films that make you cry" topic but i thought it was time for a "films that make you scream/throw up/laugh yourself silly at the ridiculousness of it all" topic

i'm a HUGE horror film fanatic...was just wondering who else out their loves scary flicks
i lost LOADS of my DVD's a couple of years ago in a fire so i've been gradually rebuilding my collection and adding some new stuff.

Love zombie films most of all - the cheesier the better (flight of the living dead anyone)

me n my other half had a "nightmare on elm street" fest over the weekend and watched all the first 5 films back to back...

oh the joy of it - then went to sleep watching Land of The Dead (romero is king!!)

what horror films do you all like??
Are there any horoor films you actually find scary rather than hilarious??

for me The Descent i found terrifying - but then i am slightly claustrophobic :roll:
its true romero is king!!! land of the dead is greatness
i watched 100 feet last night, not scary, but not a bad film

oo and id just like to add that i want silent hill nurses, theyre are just the best thing ever nom nom

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:12 pm

Hellraiser anyone? I'm probably the only hardcore fan who likes ALL 8 of them haha.
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

zombiehoney

Post by zombiehoney » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:16 pm

ooo i like the first like 4 or 5, then i got bored :( they are great films though!

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:49 pm

I love Hellraiser, Evil Dead (the first one, holy crap), Jeepers Creepers, 13 ghosts, Rest Stop, and more that I probably can't think of now :/

RonicaDemonica

Post by RonicaDemonica » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:45 am

House on Haunted Hill is my all time favorite scary movie. Some others I love are Silent Hill, The Ring, Dead Silence, and Saw 2. The cheesiest "scary" movie I've ever seen was called Black Sheep. It was about these genetically modified ware-sheep! It was so funny! :lol:

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:42 am

OMG Evil Dead is great. Actually all three of them are great. So is Dead Alive-it's one of my favorite zombie films! I definitely have a fondness for spoof-y horror films.

On the flip side of things, my favorite 'serious' horror film has to be 28 Days Later. I'm a huge sucker for any of those uber-realistic gore-fests, and I think 28 Days Later (and also 28 Weeks Later) is a masterpiece. The creepy ambient music, the unstable cameras, 'rage-virus' zombies that can run as fast as a human and don't get tired...everything about it is great!

Also, not sure if this counts or not, but Battle Royale is an amazing film too and I highly recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:32 am

I like the ones that hit theaters, but I tend to be really partial to the ones that are REALLY low budget/quality. Anything with gore and I'm good. xD Dead and Rotting had to be one of the most amusing, as are most of the Tempe Entertainment movies. As far as large budget/high quality goes, I'm good with almost any of them, though my favorite has to be Nightmare on Elmstreet.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:07 am

candycovered wrote:Hellraiser anyone? I'm probably the only hardcore fan who likes ALL 8 of them haha.
i watched the first two back to back just last night :lol:

haven't actually seen the later ones - are they really worth watching - kind of thought they'd be pants cos clive barker isn't involved

Black Sheep is brilliant - and in my collection.

i thought 30 days of night was good...vampires that are actually pretty scary!

Does anyone have Zone Horror?? can't wait til i have sky again - my and my other half used to watch that channel and nothing else!!

AAAArgh that's just reminded me of something - has anyone seen Evil Aliens - it's the WORST horro film ever with a budget of about 50p and it's got Emily Booth from Zone Horror in it...it's hilarious!!

* Queen of Tangents*

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:06 am

i saw evil aliens... it was bad, even for a film that supposed to be bad!! bouff was the best bit about the film!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:19 am

i know - it's got to be about the worst film ever...
i've never met anyone else who's seen it!

* Queen of Tangents*

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:47 am

oh the worst film is "7 mummies" by far!!

has anyone seen unrest? its so bad its funny!

davendor

Post by davendor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:54 pm

CherryLex wrote:
ScarletLady wrote:do you think so??

I really liked the Resident Evil films too, except the newest one.. Extinction I think - in the desert. I really thought that one was kinda pointless. We just watched the first & second ones though and I love them, great action and you can't beat getting an extended eyeful of Milla - rawr!
They just seemed quite lacking in comparison to the games. I was really p***ed off with how they portrayed nemesis, and the whole 'Alice can't ever die' thing was just OTT. They did a good job with the Licker things though - they scare the crap outta me! :lol:
They just seemed to fail to capture the whole scareyness of the games and concentrated too much on Alice.

I just remembered that I forgot to mention how awesome I find the first 2 Ginger Snaps films!

EDIT: Because I can't type today >_<

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:34 pm

sinn_ister wrote:OMG Evil Dead is great. Actually all three of them are great. So is Dead Alive-it's one of my favorite zombie films! I definitely have a fondness for spoof-y horror films.

On the flip side of things, my favorite 'serious' horror film has to be 28 Days Later. I'm a huge sucker for any of those uber-realistic gore-fests, and I think 28 Days Later (and also 28 Weeks Later) is a masterpiece. The creepy ambient music, the unstable cameras, 'rage-virus' zombies that can run as fast as a human and don't get tired...everything about it is great!

Also, not sure if this counts or not, but Battle Royale is an amazing film too and I highly recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it.
I totally forgot to mention Evil Dead, the second one is my all time fave. I could watch it every day I swear.
I love Battle Royal too, even the sequel is decent but doesn't come near the greatness of the first. Plus Ichi the Killer, Suicide Club and Audition to name a few. Did anyone else see the Host? That film had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Davendor - I'll be honest, I've never really played the games, maybe that's why I like the movies so much, I don't have anything to compare them to. I understand your feelings though - if I watch a movie that's based on a book or game I like I usually don't like it because of the way it gets translated to the screen.
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:49 pm

silent hill is amazing! ^^ the nurses are the best things ever!

anyone seen .REC?? spanish people with a film camera! it really predictable :| but there are some of the best quotes ever! :)
"Once you cressp you just cant splessp"

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 am

silent hill was pretty good i remember.

the evil dead films are some of my faves too - i got dan a ltd edition necronmicon dvd of the 2nd one for his bday - it comes in a bona fide book of the dead which screams when you squeeze it :D got a documentary on it too about the making of it - the effects are hilarious when you see how they actually did a lot of them

it's awesome!!

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”