modelling should i do this or not?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Wild.Rabbit.Ren

modelling should i do this or not?

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 pm

A guy got in contact with me about doing a what he called a bondage fetish shoot & im really intrested in doing this because he wants me to be hypnotised which i think would be really intresting but iv never meet the guy i have no idea who he is & because he wants me to be hynotised im a bit unsure as he may do what he ever he likes to me without me knowing! I thought about taking a friend with me so that wount happen im not sure how to decide if i should do the shoot or not as it sounds really intresting.

He also asked me how much i charge witch iv never done a payed photo shoot before so i dont really know what to say to him any help here please to what i tell him

Thank yoooooooou
xx

IKickShins

Re: modelling should i do this or not?

Post by IKickShins » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Find other models he's worked with and get references. Don't do a bondage shoot without knowing about the photographer. And bring a chaperone.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:39 pm

i hadnt thoguth about references thank you for mentioing that id completly forgotten

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:56 pm

I have been hypnotised and can assure you that it is not possible for him to get you to do anything to you. You are completely in control of everything. Hypnotic states are still fairly newly understood in psychology but emerging results from brain scan data show that you are in the most alert state when you are hypnotised, the same kind of state as when you are driving a car - highly alert, but highly fcussed on one thing. I certainly felt like I could stop what was happening at any point, but as I felt comfortable with it I continued.

As to whether you should do a bondage shoot with a guy you don't know, that is another matter. I would definitely take a friend.

Just out of interest... Why does he want to hypnotise you? Why do you think this is an interesting idea for a shoot?
telling it like it is!

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:07 pm

I find it intresting because iv never done a shoot like this before. Do you think its a good idea then to ask why he wants the hynosis element?
MissAnthropik wrote:I have been hypnotised and can assure you that it is not possible for him to get you to do anything to you. You are completely in control of everything. Hypnotic states are still fairly newly understood in psychology but emerging results from brain scan data show that you are in the most alert state when you are hypnotised, the same kind of state as when you are driving a car - highly alert, but highly fcussed on one thing. I certainly felt like I could stop what was happening at any point, but as I felt comfortable with it I continued.

As to whether you should do a bondage shoot with a guy you don't know, that is another matter. I would definitely take a friend.

Just out of interest... Why does he want to hypnotise you? Why do you think this is an interesting idea for a shoot?

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 pm

It all sounds very suspect if I'm honest.
A good photographer will know you've not shot before and therefore won't ask you how much you charge as they'll know you've not shot before. Avoid this guy like the plague, he sounds dodgy.
And as someone who modelled with relative success for about 4 years you can take my word on this.
Also a tip, but if you want to be taken really seriously in the modelling world you might want to use a spell and grammer checker a bit more ;)
Model Mayhem and Net Model are absolutely fantastic resources for new models as they both have a referencing function. Retro Kitten is another good and lesser used one.
Good luck in your venture!

my_purple_skys

Post by my_purple_skys » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:43 pm

i just dont see why being hypnotised is relevant......surely it wont make a differenct to the final images at all.....its not like your eyes are going to roll back in your head or anything....just seems wierd to me
" theres always something out there for you "

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:17 pm

It seemed to be a bit suspect to me aswell but after thinking about it some more i dont hink im gonna do the shoot

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:28 pm

ikickshins wrote:Find other models he's worked with and get references. Don't do a bondage shoot without knowing about the photographer. And bring a chaperone.
Agreed. That just screams trouble to me.

I've taken self-defense classes and also grew up with a lot of boys, & I'd still take one or two of my bro's along for my own sake of feeling safe.
I only dream in color.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”