Plus Size Fancy Dress? Girls what are you wearing?!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Allexiyah

Plus Size Fancy Dress? Girls what are you wearing?!

Post by Allexiyah » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:38 am

With Halloween looming, and im still undecided about my costume i thought i'd ask the curvy girls on here what sort of costumes they have.

Im a 20 top and 24 bottom, so arse showing costumes are out of the question. I have a full predator mask (not the scarey face underneath, the smooooth mask he wears) but i dont know about that, i might save it till next year once ive lost ALOT of weight!

Anyway, what are you wearing? When i say curvy i guess i mean size 16+

I want somthing flattering (so it must involve a corset :lol: ) but sexy... and cool 8-) big ask i think!

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but i really want to know what other big girlies wear. Im one of less than half a dozen 'big' girls in the club, so i feel it is my duty as a curvy girl to out sexy the skinnies!

I also fancy somthing abit mad... so what are you wearing?

I thought about getting a zebra print corset from the punk69 order and face painting myself into a zebra, hawking my hair etc but i dunno, its not very goth :lol:

Woah, this is a big ask! Can you help?

Rhaeniel

Re: Plus Size Fancy Dress? Girls what are you wearing?!

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:49 am

Who cares if it's "not very goth"?! That sounds like a brilliant idea!
I love the idea of going as a zebra - you could pimp-out some big platform boots by adding some fur round them, shire-horse style.. zebra-print tights, zebra stripes painted on your arms, a black corset (I wouldn't advise sideways stripes on your torso!) and the zebra mohawk would be the best part of the outfit :D
I reckon you should go for it - outdo all those skinny little cat-girls!

I actually don't think I'll be going out this halloween - I certainly can't wear my corset (squished baby.. not good! lol) so I'd have to go as a pumpkin or something :/
I can't drink either, so not much point going clubbing.. bah, I missed halloween last year cos I was in Germany - now I'mma have to miss it this year too. Pants :(
Guess I'll be dressing up just to hand out sweets to the local kiddies again. Bah.
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Well, I'm a size 16 and I'm going as the Corpse Bride. Yeah yeah yeah I know you're all thinking "but Claire, the Corpse Bride was a skinny little skeleton!!" And I will say "Balls to it, I've waited for 2 years and I've realised my ass isn't going anywhere for now, so I'm gonna go ahead and do it!!! I figure I will make the most of my shape with a big bustle on the booty and a custom corset made by the wonderful lilac_passion! :D I've made the skirt and train and veil and I'm going to paint myself blue.. now I just need to make the long blue curly dreads and hopefully they'll cover my arms. That's what I'm most self conscious about lol!

There are lots of things you could go as, but I thoroughly recommend making your own costume - all those store bought ones are a bit naff for the plus sizes. They always fit weirdly. I think a zebra costume would be really cute. If you wanted to "horror it up" a bit you could be a killer zebra with fake blood around your lips and a carry a fake arm/leg lol :lol:
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Im going as sally and my boyfriends going as jack. Depending how much people are willing to spend theres a good amarican store online :- http://www.buycostumes.com/browse/Adult ... ults1.aspx loadsa plus size stuff :D im a size 16-18 and thought id never find any shop bought costumes to suit me as like most people i dont like having my big bum out XD.

But i liked this online store and will be buying my costume the moment i get paid :D

EDIT :- this is what im buying by the way lol http://www.buycostumes.com/The-Nightmar ... etail.aspx
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

Futzzz

Post by Futzzz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:34 pm

i dont know if i qualify, the last couple of months ive lost a bit of weight so juuust fit into a UK14 now, but as ive been bigger than that (16-18) for the last couple of years ill chip in:)

some kind of combo of corset(with some kind og shirt under) + skirt (tutu/poofy or pencil) always seems to work for me, as it can squeeze in and hide stuff in all the right places:)

ive been a wood fairy/nymph, goth fairy, evil nurse and am planning on a twisted version of alice in wonderland this year with this combination and im sure that lots of others could be achieved..

i hope you find something lovely and über sexy:D

AntaresJB

Post by AntaresJB » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:31 pm

For the last several years I've done either a pirate or a schoolgirl just because I happened to have some pirate-y clothes and a plaid skirt in my general wardrobe. This year I decided to go all out and I'm going at Braveheart the Lion from the Care Bears. :i2: Basically I brainstormed with my boy, who is obsessed with cartoons and all that, and he was listing off various cartoons/comic book characters and I was like "I just don't have the body type to be any of those things!" So he suggested a Care Bear.

I got a white shirt with orange sleeves and an artist friend of mine is painting it with the heart/crown thing that is on his tummy (only more on the chest for me, as lord knows I don't need to draw attention to the tum!). I'm still in search of an orange skirt or shorts, might have to make something, but I got neon orange tights and fluffy legwarmers and wrist cuffs in an orange/pink/yellow mix. Bought then intentionally too long and am going to trim them and use the extra fur to make ears and the end of a tail, and am working on a poofy wig in the same colors, orange/pink/yellow (and white as that was part of the base wig I'm using).. some big stompy boots under the fluffies, some orange eyeshadow and drawn-on whiskers, and.. ta da! I'm really excited. :)
-- Antares J. Barr --
Like chicks with acoustic guitars? Check out my music on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/antaresjb

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”