Assist me with funky knits colours!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
NaturalistDesigns

Assist me with funky knits colours!!

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm on a mission to make 3 jumpers all in the same style but different colours :P

That is the beautiful jumper in question.

I'm currently in the process of making the first - Brown/Creams/Beige with Blue/Gray.

One I want to make very girly, and the last will be my 100% snuggle to go bed knit.

Give me ideas ladies ;)

downinahole

Re: Assist me with funky knits colours!!

Post by downinahole » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:54 pm

How about a mixture of baby pink and a darker pink? x

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 pm

I was looking at pinks on Ebay;

:D

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 am

If you're wanting bright, interesting colours then I'd highly recommend colinette yarns.. although they're not cheap!

Could I ask where you got the pattern for that?
I've been tearing my hair out trying to find a nice warm jumper that might actually fit me while I'm hugely pregnant this winter, and one that DOESN'T look like a massive knitted sack of crap... that jumper looks ideal, as it kinda flares out over the tummy area, so I'd like to give it a try... or maybe give it to my mother-in-law to try! (I've only just learned how to knit ^_^;;)
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:34 pm

It was in last months Simply Knitting :) I've used Collinette before, recently found a cheaper alternative through an equally wonderful company called Debbie Bliss. The yarn is called Soho :D It's gorgeus XD

The pattern uses Knit, Purl, Cabling, and Making holes [not the un-intentional kind :lol:]

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php
That website is my favourite for any sort of pattern :D Have a browse through there and see what you think ^_^

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:38 pm

how about dark blue, blue, light blue and white for your sleepy time one
*Manda*

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Lots of different shades of purple and pinks would look pwettiful for the girly one.

And then... a green and brown one for a lovely earthy look?
Or blues and greens
Or just greens
Or burnt oranges and yellows and browns
Or reddy purples and burgundys....
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:07 am

NaturalistDesigns wrote:It was in last months Simply Knitting :) I've used Collinette before, recently found a cheaper alternative through an equally wonderful company called Debbie Bliss. The yarn is called Soho :D It's gorgeus XD

The pattern uses Knit, Purl, Cabling, and Making holes [not the un-intentional kind :lol:]

That website is my favourite for any sort of pattern :D Have a browse through there and see what you think ^_^

Thank you - I think I'm going to stick with scarves for a bit tho for now... I've realised I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew! lol

Oh, I found some 'Soho' in John Lewis the other day (we've got a huge new one here and I've never seen a lot of the yarns they've got) but it actually works out more expensive than Point 5 :/ the balls are smaller but the price isn't as much smaller as the balls are... if you get what I mean?
How much can you get Soho for?
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm

CancerHybrid wrote:how about dark blue, blue, light blue and white for your sleepy time one
I've got blues and browns for my daytime one :P
[Tank] wrote:Lots of different shades of purple and pinks would look pwettiful for the girly one.

And then... a green and brown one for a lovely earthy look?
Or blues and greens
Or just greens
Or burnt oranges and yellows and browns
Or reddy purples and burgundys....
I have a gorgeus Collinette Prisim skein in "Raphael", it's beautiful!! It's in reds and purples and greens XD
I'd probably wear one with mainly brown :P
Rhaeniel wrote:
NaturalistDesigns wrote:It was in last months Simply Knitting :) I've used Collinette before, recently found a cheaper alternative through an equally wonderful company called Debbie Bliss. The yarn is called Soho :D It's gorgeus XD

Thank you - I think I'm going to stick with scarves for a bit tho for now... I've realised I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew! lol

Oh, I found some 'Soho' in John Lewis the other day (we've got a huge new one here and I've never seen a lot of the yarns they've got) but it actually works out more expensive than Point 5 :/ the balls are smaller but the price isn't as much smaller as the balls are... if you get what I mean?
How much can you get Soho for?
I buy mine on Ebay from "Aileens Wool Shop" - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0270353587
:)

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 am

50g for £2.25! Woah, that's a much better price than at John Lewis.. well that works out slightly cheaper than Colinette Point 5 then.. so two of the 50g Soho ones is £4.50 and the Point 5 from their shop is £5 for a 100g ball - but £5.70 from their website! Pus shipping..

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Bloody hell! Sod paying that :lol:

I have a Bubblegum Pink one, Pastels, and the Browns & Creams :D They are preeetty

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:48 am

NaturalistDesigns wrote:Bloody hell! Sod paying that :lol:

I have a Bubblegum Pink one, Pastels, and the Browns & Creams :D They are preeetty
Heheh! Well, it's only 50p more from their shop in Wales..
How much do you usually pay for the Soho then? Cos that seller's ebay shop lists them as £4.95 as well :/ that'd be way more if they're as much as that.. I can't work out which is the actual price on there.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:21 am

Oh, oh oh! I just found the BEST deal on Debbie Bliss Soho!
I got a bag of ten balls for £19.95! That's about £2 a 50g ball! That's even better than that ebay price - it's from a little shop here in Leicester.

If you want me to get you some, I'd be happy to :) (obviously at that price, I'm not buying it FOR you! lol!!)
They currently have bags of that pink, orange, yellow mix and a more natural beige, brown, gingery mix. The owner said she'd be getting more in soon tho, cos they're selling really well at that price!

I got me a bag of lilac/purple mix and I'm currently knitting a baby blanket ^_^

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Awww :D

Baby blankets are fun ^_^ Replyed to le PM

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”