What kind of music do you like?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
LonelyAngel

What kind of music do you like?

Post by LonelyAngel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Hiya :D Just wondered what kind of music do you like, I've just discovered Jo Hamilton and I have to say it's that kind of Genre I adore...Dot Alison esq, Honeyroot, Vargo, Goldfrapp etc...What about you?
I may never be a tall blonde-haired beauty but what's wrong with a short dread-headed cutie?

darklove

Re: What kind of music do you like?

Post by darklove » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:49 pm

him, the 69 eyes , nightwish, and one ,voltaire,the cure, asp,apocalyptica

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Near enough everything. The only music I can genuinely say I don't like is ridiculous screamy death metal where you can't understand what they're saying and it sounds like someone vomiting up a pig in pain.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 am

Recently, I've been listening to Imelda May, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, The Offspring & Bob Dylan. T'Other half plays a lot of music on his PC (his speakers are better than mine) & that revolves around Paradise Lost, Alice in Chains, Tool & some various other things, including Daft Punk's TRON soundtrack :D

I love classical music, metal (in most forms) groups/bands like The Prodigy, KMFDM, Combichrist etc. I cannot stand pop, charts shite, most RnB, MCing & quite a lot of Reggae.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm a bit of an industrial girl, but I love my electronica. Huge on rocktronica (rock/electronica hybrid).
I love techno, trance, hard nrg, older school hardcore rave (or just anything that's pre-2004 stuff), electro, house, disco, rock, soul, hip hop (older stuff), R&B, blues and pop music from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I loved the 90s.
Favourite band - Nine Inch Nails. Cannot go past them.

Don't particularly like - metal, pop music, country or newer "rnb".

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I don't like metal either. My favourite type of music is techno and my favourite type of techno is really deep, stripped-back minimal stuff. Pretty much anything on Tresor or Underground Resistance.

However, I do have a bit of a thing for pretty songs with meaningful lyrics. Right now, I'm listening to a lot of Martha Wainwright, and that new Adele album is stupendously fricking brilliant.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 pm

By and large, old school goth & deathrock. I love some pretty weird shit. Having said that, I also love me some c*cl rock, rock'n'roll, classical & opera. Currently on high rotation are Sopor Aeternus, The Birthday Massacre, Cinema Strange, Drama of the Spheres and the ever popular VNV Nation ;)
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

PrettyDreadful

Post by PrettyDreadful » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Last edited by PrettyDreadful on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:21 pm

my favourite band is Muse but I also love hardstyle, Roy Orbison, britpop, Lady Gaga...so I would say a right old mix. I have found myself listening to a lot more pop these days...not sure how that happened but I cant get into any of these new indie bands-they all sound very similar to me.

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

cherrygloom

Post by cherrygloom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I like:

Post-hardcore - Alexisonfire, Amity Affliction, Thrice
Melodic metal/metalcore - Parkway Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Architects
DnB - Pendulum, Sub Focus, Chase and Status
Electronica - Nosaj Thing, Flying Lotus, Bonobo
Live dance acts - Qemists, Innerpartysystem, Glitch Mob
Rock/dance crossovers - Attack Attack!, Asking Alexandria, Enter Shikari
Math-rock - Fall of Troy, Blood Brothers, Dance Gavin Dance
Indie - Blur, Doves, Leaves

... and I love listening to motown and jazz now and again. Phew!

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:38 pm

My music taste has never really evolved from my glory days so mostly consists of trip hop and down beat stuff like Portishead, Tricky, Massive Attack, Kruger and Dorfmeister etc and early D&B like LTJ Bukem, Andy C, DJ Hype, Roni Size, Photek etc. Whilst I do listen to modern stuff like Pendulum and Chase & Status I don't consider them to be drum and bass AT ALL, in my eyes they're electronic dance, much the same as Chemical Brothers and Prodigy who admittedly I also love.

I'm also a massive hip-hop fan, but I am quite specific in that, my preferences are for East Coast acts Like Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Wu Tang and the like. Basically anything before Puffy came along and arse raped the genre to death with bad samples and mainstream RnB.

Also, I love me a bit of gay disco. Anyone who doesn't like Goldfrapp, Moloko and Sissor Sisters is dead on the inside.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Dystopatica wrote:Also, I love me a bit of gay disco. Anyone who doesn't like Goldfrapp, Moloko and Sissor Sisters is dead on the inside.
:lol: So true!

I could list a mass of bands that I enjoy here but I won't. I get so confused with different genres and sub-genres. I used to listen to a lot of metal and even a little of the more screamy, incoherant, death or black or whatever type metal. I didn't get it at all so I gave up trying! Now I just listen to whatever I like the sound of. A lot more indie and pop than ever before. For example, right now I have the following CD's in my car: AFI, Ellie Goudling (love her voice!), Pendulum, Audioslave, Vampire Weekend, Kings Of Leon, Rhianna, Funeral for a Friend, more AFI!, Faderhead.. Tons actually. I can't remember them all. My tastes in music change so often but I do enjoy digging out old cd's and singing along! but mainly.. AFI! WOO! :mrgreen:
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm pretty dead on the inside lol
I hate scissor sisters, it always annoyed me that I hated them as I really wanted to like them but I just didn't ever like it :(
Whereas I wanted to hate gag at first but then fell in love

You can usually find me listening to Electric six (they've been taking the fave band pl;ace in my heart for years now and kicking soad out)
Bif Naked, Infected Mushroom, FAKE BLOOD! woop Chemical Brothers, 1200 micrograms, to-box lol
And just my fave dj mixes.
I feel like i'm getting old as I find new music harder and harder to get into
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Mainly metal for me, prefably black, grim and Norwegian ;) folky metal too, and heavy metal.

Apart from that I like Vnv Nation, Taktical Sekt, wumpscut, Icon of Coil... Never know which genre to put that lot in :roll:

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 pm

bleepy ;)

this is probably the best indication of my musical tastes in general - http://www.last.fm/user/Finnvitka

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I listen to a lot of different genres depending on my mood, but I'm pretty picky with most bands and so I don't know that I can say that I like one whole genre specifically.

Lately I love dancing to stompy, noisey, schreechy industrial. Stuff like Aesthetic Perfection, Phosgore, Terrorfact, Psyclon Nine.

I also like that haunting, kind of cold dark wavey EBM stuff. Bands like Covenant, Wolfsheim, VNV, And One.

Over the years I have taken quite a shine to classical music, and have been trying to learn more about it and familiarize myself with composers other than Beethoven, whom I absolutely adore. I listen to Beethoven's symphonies often. They make me cry. HA!

I like metal, but am VERY picky with the bands I can listen to for prolonged periods of time. I LOVE Dimmu Borgir. I like Demon Hunter, a LITTLE bit of In Flames, and some others here and there.

I am a HUGE fan of Depeche Mode and The Cure. I like some Motorhead and a little bit of punk now and then. I love some other bands that I don't think fit into any specific category like Mindless Self Indulgence and Flogging Molly. I also have a supreme weakness for traditional Irish pub songs and some old Civil War melodies. I enjoy dance music and house when I'm out and about, but cannot STAND it if I'm not dancing to it.

Letty

Post by Letty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

dubstep girl here.

wob wob wob
When death sleeps, it dreams of you.

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:Mainly metal for me, prefably black, grim and Norwegian ;) folky metal too, and heavy metal.
This.

Also pop music, *some* EBM (Icon of Coil, KMFDM, VNV mainly).
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 am

I have quite a broad music taste, but it doesn't seam to change.

I have loved batcave/deathrock and old school goth since I was ickle... parents and older sister was really into it. Along with that I like goth rock, darkwave, horror punk, pyschobilly, gothabilly... anything like that.

I am also a lover of stompy music... love to dance so; EBM, electro, psy-trance, trance, electronic acid techno, House, dark electro, electronica, industiral, some noise, etc

As for metal I don't really like it much, I like some black/death/doom/techno metal but I don't really listen to it much anymore.

I am a violinist, I love classical music, most good movie/game soundtracks and opera

Aside from that I guess 80's stuff and cheesy fun songs
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 am

Letty wrote:dubstep girl here.

wob wob wob
Wobbles are unfit for human consumption!
I miss dupstep :(
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Anything from deathrock to old school goth, rock, metal, punk, some pop.

Examples............... Siouxsie and the Bnashees, The cure, Specimen, Christian death, Radiohead, Muse, Shadow Project, Bauhaus, Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, 45 Grave, System of a down, Acid Bath, The Cramps and really the list goes on..............

To be honest Im quite versatile tbh! My CD collection is really quite bizarre =)

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

justapuppetonastring wrote:Anything from deathrock to old school goth, rock, metal, punk, some pop.

Examples............... Siouxsie and the Bnashees, The cure, Specimen, Christian death, Radiohead, Muse, Shadow Project, Bauhaus, Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, 45 Grave, System of a down, Acid Bath, The Cramps and really the list goes on..............

To be honest Im quite versatile tbh! My CD collection is really quite bizarre =)

<3 love pretty much all named bands there
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

Elstaro

Post by Elstaro » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:05 pm

I <3 Jam bands. Disco biscuits, phish, the dead, SCI, umphrey's mcgee, lotus just to name a few
and Dubstep frickin love me some womp womp.
I was really into metal hardcore and industrial for most my life but once I was exposed to the world of jam there was no turning back :D
I poo rainbows ^_^

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm

I'm not enough of a music geek to be able to list genres. Here's some of what I've been listening to recently: VNV Nation, Muse, Feeder, The Static Age, Biffy Clyro, Hurts, Pendulum, Arcade Fire, Linkin Park, Elbow, TRON soundtrack, the xx, Temper Trap, Keane. Aside from that I can often be found listening to Absolute Radio, I like the majority of what they play.

Thorne

Post by Thorne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:26 pm

<<Miss_Sami>> wrote:
ShadowThrone wrote:Mainly metal for me, prefably black, grim and Norwegian ;) folky metal too, and heavy metal.
This.
Thirded! <3

Actually, I love so many different bands and inividuals that it would take faaar too long. Lets just say that I love music :D
I'm not a role model, I'm a fashion icon.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”