Anyone have experience with Reboxetine? (Solvex)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
PostModernistTrash

Anyone have experience with Reboxetine? (Solvex)

Post by PostModernistTrash » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:57 am

Just curious as so far I've found only very mixed reviews.

I started on this AD last week after talking to my new doc here in Germany. At the moment, they're making me very dizzy and no-one seems to know how long this will last. I also seem to be more irritable and panic prone which I would have thought defeated the object?!

As I said though, have only been on them for just over a week so am willing to stick with it at least for now.

Grateful for any input :)

Kaminoke

Re: Anyone have experience with Reboxetine? (Solvex)

Post by Kaminoke » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:49 pm

I took different medication, but I can sympathise with how you're feeling.

I know it sounds strange, but the side effects of a lot of meds can include the symptoms they're supposed to alleviate(!) You just need to pay attention to how your feeling (and you are :mrgreen: ). On mine I was definitely more nervy and jumpy for roughly the second and third week, but eventually I realised it was just me becoming a lot more alert to my surroundings, and what was going on around me. It calmed down (or I got used to it, not sure!) soon after that, and all was well.

PostModernistTrash

Post by PostModernistTrash » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:00 am

This is about the 6th or so med I've tried. Been on Mirtazepine, fluoxetine, venlafaxine and Sertraline (just the ones I remember). All but the Sertraline were a complete nightmare and only made things worse. The Sertraline seemed to be doing OK for the last two years but then I guess my tolerance peaked and they weren't helping anymore.

The doc here suggested the Reboxetine as they're supposed to offer you more energy and motivation which would be helpful as I'm now employed again. Can't say I've noticed any of that just yet but as I said, I'll hang on in there for now! It's also difficult to tell which symptoms are the new drug kicking in and which are withdrawal from the Sertraline :-/ Certainly still getting the brain zaps...

Mleh. Maybe one day I'll find my perfect drug!

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:22 am

I think it's a very personal thing, what works for some doesn't for others, and I don't think anyone finds the right one straight away!

I was on Mirtazepine for 4 months before I forced my doctors to try something new, I put on 2 1/2 stone in that time and was constantly dizzy. I've been though about 4-5 before I found anything suitable and by that I mean not perfect but least side effects!

Give it a couple of weeks and it might settle down, if not go pester the doctor again!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”