I was in the great heavnly hair meltdown of 2008

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Gemstone

Re: I was in the great heavnly hair meltdown of 2008

Post by Gemstone » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:48 pm

I made about 5 ratty hammocks and got new pills for my migraines then pondered who I could quiz about these new pills because there was no migraine thread to run to and bump up :cry: and then spent much time with my family of rats, making them all friendly and lovely and who are now being re-homed!! and put turquoise streaks in my red hair.....
I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:02 pm

To be quite honest, I have no idea what I did :? Time just went weird. Oh yeah I remember now, got my project nearly finished for the start of uni..snore. And spent time with the bf and friends, no more than I usually would so, I have no idea damnit!!!

Fairylox

Post by Fairylox » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:34 pm

I spent wayyy too much time on Miss Bimbo and buying stuff on Niceboots :D

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:21 pm

I didn't realize until the board went down how much time I spent on it! At first I tried to feed my addiction by spending too much time on other websites...spent way too much money on ebay...and finally ended up using my computer way less. To pass the time I started reading again, and got great grades in my summer classes because I didn't have the board to distract me from writing papers(plus my brain is in better shape from reading more). I also started skating and working out and I've been getting healthier as a result.

But now that the board is back, I'm happily looking forward to wasting hours of my life on it!

Marshmallowmassacre

Post by Marshmallowmassacre » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 pm

When the HH forum went down it was the same day I totally MOOKED my finger with my sewing machine (my left index finger got CRUSHED!) So I was unable to make dreads, sew anything T_T and I must say not even being able to go on the forum to look at pretty hair nearly drove me insane.THANK GOD IT'S OVER!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:42 pm

I actually had a life for once.. :lol:

Nah, I played far too much Resident Evil and saw my O/H alot. I'm just glad everything got sorted out so soon!

E-liz

Post by E-liz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:31 pm

I needed to find a tut on HH and when I saw it was down i freaked. Then I hit the search engines and found the new site right after i messaged shiin on myspace. :lol:

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 pm

I emailed and google chatted with Andrea (Little Pink Fairy) while she chatted with Melinda (Dr Locks) about the future of the board. We scratched our heads and pulled our hair out while sending millions of emails to each other trying to work out what the best thing to do was.

Then, just as we got it sorted I had to go away for the weekend and am now playing catch up! Typical!! :lol:
telling it like it is!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

I read, made loads of dreads, watched loads of Gantz.. but I missed HH dearly.
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Bettedaviseyes

Post by Bettedaviseyes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 pm

I freaked out!!! checked the link hourly for the first few days- then kept asking my roommate what was happening (HH was my 1st forum and she an old pro) and when it would be fixed then I pouted A LOT! watched season 3 of Weeds and lots of mindless TV! then last night my roommate came home and told me of the new site and I shreeked with joy!!!!

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:47 pm

i was moving, so i haven't really been online much at all.

i'm in heavy withdrawl :lol:

so glad the mods got organized and got the new site up so quickly! big thanks :)
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Apollotrigger wrote:I joined all the hair communities on livejournal. *hangs head*
I had actually decided to come out of eternal luker mode and join. When it happened I did the exact same thing. :roll:
Honestly I should be working...

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:39 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:I emailed and google chatted with Andrea (Little Pink Fairy) while she chatted with Melinda (Dr Locks) about the future of the board. We scratched our heads and pulled our hair out while sending millions of emails to each other trying to work out what the best thing to do was.

Then, just as we got it sorted I had to go away for the weekend and am now playing catch up! Typical!! :lol:
About right aint it! lol

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:18 pm

i was in the meltdown & while the boards not been around & i was waiting to be activated on this one iv been looking around other forums i even made my own website with a lsit full of cyber & gothic clothing sites & also added events & festivals on there. I need to update the site tho but im having a bit of trouble with my comp so till thats sorted i wount be updating it.

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Read, went to Reading and designed and made about 100 bags xD
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

mizsyn

Post by mizsyn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 am

Much like LPF, I never really had time AWAY from HH. Emails/IMs/etc every day about it! "Where is it?" "Can you activate my account" (to which my response was always, uhm did you notice there is no forum at the moment?) "What are we gunna do?!?" etc etc

So lol, no downtime for Sarah!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:12 am

twigletstar wrote:
Apollotrigger wrote:I also played an insane amount of Miss Bimbo.
Miss Bimbo gets me through everything. I don't know what I'd do without it >.<

ACK! I DID play a lot of that when HH went down, but now it SUCKS bigtime ¬_¬ I'm so annoyed about the crappy green hair - it's turquoise now! I NEED GREEN HAIR! I went and bought tons of green outfits to go with my lush, curly green hair, and then one day it just turned into a straggly turquoise mess! >.< NOT HAPPY!
My bimbo's on vacation until they sort it out. If they don't sort it, then I won't ever bother going back.
Stupid fugly new dolls ¬_¬
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:29 am

Rhaeniel wrote:
twigletstar wrote:
Apollotrigger wrote:I also played an insane amount of Miss Bimbo.
Miss Bimbo gets me through everything. I don't know what I'd do without it >.<

ACK! I DID play a lot of that when HH went down, but now it SUCKS bigtime ¬_¬ I'm so annoyed about the crappy green hair - it's turquoise now! I NEED GREEN HAIR! I went and bought tons of green outfits to go with my lush, curly green hair, and then one day it just turned into a straggly turquoise mess! >.< NOT HAPPY!
My bimbo's on vacation until they sort it out. If they don't sort it, then I won't ever bother going back.
Stupid fugly new dolls ¬_¬
I had a hissy fit and joined ma-bimbo in retaliation since they 'banned french' on the forum [rascist much?] but once they got the old clothes to fit and made new pretty ones, I decided to carry on because I'm doing well with it. Yeah the hair and clothes don't match but I am used to my new bimbo. I always just have black hair so everything matches. My bimbo is so gawth :D

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:35 pm

I spent an insane amount of time between my car forums, they figured out this forum was up because I'd stop posting so much there. :D

I love cars, but I love chatting on here11
I only dream in color.

kleed

Post by kleed » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:37 pm

I almost had a heart attack when i saw it was down
and then
it was down down down
then i started uni
and then today i saw the transfer link and went
YAY NO MORE SLEEPING TO KILL TIME!!
Must get back to posting.
And not lurking
Pirates don't lurk, they CONQUER

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:45 pm

twigletstar wrote:I had a hissy fit and joined ma-bimbo in retaliation since they 'banned french' on the forum [rascist much?] but once they got the old clothes to fit and made new pretty ones, I decided to carry on because I'm doing well with it. Yeah the hair and clothes don't match but I am used to my new bimbo. I always just have black hair so everything matches. My bimbo is so gawth :D

Well I can't speak that much French, so I'm at a loss with Ma Bimbo :( also, how long d'you think it'll be before they change those dolls too?
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

kaizoku_purinsesu

Post by kaizoku_purinsesu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:35 pm

i've only just found this place..can't believe i didn't know it had been put up, gutted, missed weeks of hairy goodness, and the collectif/phaze orders, damnit. will teach me not to pay more attention in future. atleast i've found this place now though,and duly bookmarked, hurrah!:D

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:
twigletstar wrote:I had a hissy fit and joined ma-bimbo in retaliation since they 'banned french' on the forum [rascist much?] but once they got the old clothes to fit and made new pretty ones, I decided to carry on because I'm doing well with it. Yeah the hair and clothes don't match but I am used to my new bimbo. I always just have black hair so everything matches. My bimbo is so gawth :D

Well I can't speak that much French, so I'm at a loss with Ma Bimbo :( also, how long d'you think it'll be before they change those dolls too?
Ma-Bimbo is practically the same, so not much french is required if you can remember what the tabs mean etc. The reason our dolls got changed was because the two sites separated. They have no intention of changing the french ones - they just have way better clothes and hair. They even have dreads!

vivid

Post by vivid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:44 am

i thought it was my net connection being rubbish. lol =p
The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold... The curve of your lips rewrites history...

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:44 am

twigletstar wrote:
Rhaeniel wrote:

Ma-Bimbo is practically the same, so not much french is required if you can remember what the tabs mean etc. The reason our dolls got changed was because the two sites separated. They have no intention of changing the french ones - they just have way better clothes and hair. They even have dreads!

:o omg, no effing way!! I'm so going there...

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”