The WoW thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Dystopatica

Re: The WoW thread

Post by Dystopatica » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:54 pm

277 level Epic Heroic Lootship Gun Captain Mittens? For me? Oh, if you insist! Yay loots!
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:59 pm

night_wolf wrote:I find it's the best way, but still they at least ask for your driving licence when you want your stuff back after its been hacked. So it's not that surprising.
I didn't get asked for anything! Then again, I didn't have 15k gold stolen, probably about 5k worth of stuff.

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 pm

I have the android application authenticator on my account and I recently had a firmware upgrade which restored my phone back to factory settings. This meant I couldn't log on at all as the authenticator attached to my account no longer existed. I had to email Blizz with a copy of my passport to get the authenticator removed from my battlenet account so I could log in. Seemed like a pain in the arse at the time but it does make sense.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

:D I go round my boyfriends house today to find he spent the last hour getting me a kitty on wow ^_^ i am well chuffed, most exiting part so far haha
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:46 pm

I have 72 pets on my rogue!

xtine

Post by xtine » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:41 am

Lorny wrote:I have 72 pets on my rogue!
O____O wowee zowee. The baby raptors are my favorite pets ^_^

I collect mounts! I've been trying to get that stupid sea turtle mount from Northrend unsuccessfully for like, a year hahahaha. >.<

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 am

I've spent countless hours farming the whelps but I haven't blimmin' got anywhere. I had a 'Bananas' bet on a warlock but I never used that char, I couldn't get into it. Makes me cry inside to think that I have that little cutey lost inside a world where he can't come out to play. :-(

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:04 pm

xtine wrote:
Lorny wrote:I have 72 pets on my rogue!
O____O wowee zowee. The baby raptors are my favorite pets ^_^

I collect mounts! I've been trying to get that stupid sea turtle mount from Northrend unsuccessfully for like, a year hahahaha. >.<
I've been dying for the sea turtle mount!

I've been grinding the white polar bear ( a daily quest with the blue ladies in storm peaks), just as I spoke about it to a friend who visited thursday - it dropped!

I'm 20k from getting my skyguard mounts now, eee.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:55 pm

My guildfriend has the turtle mount, managed to get it when he was doing one of the Dala fishing dailies I think. He has looooads of mounts though, 100+ now.

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Decided today to start the Diplomat achievement, 3 hours of grinding later and I am not even Exalted with the first faction. Why did I think this would be a good idea?!
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Dystopatica wrote:Decided today to start the Diplomat achievement, 3 hours of grinding later and I am not even Exalted with the first faction. Why did I think this would be a good idea?!
Mag'har will take you a while, I spent my time grinding the ogres in nagrad, it took two days I think and then you also get the talbuk mounts. Keep at it!

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Dystopatica wrote:Decided today to start the Diplomat achievement, 3 hours of grinding later and I am not even Exalted with the first faction. Why did I think this would be a good idea?!

I finished this yesterday. Was one of the easier rep things I have done tbh. When you do Timbermaw though kill them and save up the beads/feathers to hand in as you get rep per kill up until revered then you can hand in all the beads/feathers after that. Sporregar rep was a bit of a pain though, having to do the ''Now that we're still friends'' quest over and over again made me want to jump off Dalaran.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:40 pm

me with my title

me and my friend also 2 'manned' MC today.

xtine

Post by xtine » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Bloodsail Admiral was the rep grind I was working on. That's pretty damn tedious, but if you have a group that's willing, it goes more pleasantly. Plus you can start getting Bloodsail quests when you gain enough rep. :D I always wanted that title so bad. hahaha

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 pm

So you girls all seem pretty intent on rep grinding like myself, but what are you doing in prep for cataclysm - if anything?

I'm trying to mount grind, I need my 100 mount achievement before Cata, I'm also trying to level a paladin and grind some rep just before some of them might disappear!

xtine

Post by xtine » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:13 pm

I'm saving up until Cata comes out! Haha. So I can pay for the expansion and the monthlies. :P

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:43 am

I just started playing recently....I have a lvl 18 night elf warrior....I also have a horde character that I dont play much......Im on the Kargath US server.....But it doesnt look like anyone else from the states plays :(.....

Aricyn

Post by Aricyn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 am

omg i just about died to see there is a WOW thread on here how funny!
ive been playing for um.. too long.. i blame my other half its his fault.. hes a complete nerd he works in IT doing programming n stuffs so playing computer games goes with the territory.. i dont mind it tho it can be fun, ive got erm.. 6 level 80s mostly on proudmoore US
im guessing most of you play on EU servers
atm im a bit over the game and only really play when Justin bugs me to go play with him.. we are leveling some noobs that are like 43 or so on a pvp server.. im interested for the expac to come out maybe it will reignite the fun in the game for me for a little while lol!
<3

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:05 am

hatemekillme wrote:I just started playing recently....I have a lvl 18 night elf warrior....I also have a horde character that I dont play much......Im on the Kargath US server.....But it doesnt look like anyone else from the states plays :(.....
Keep going you'll get there.

I've been finding levelling a druid and paladin is quite fun although my friend wants me to be a paladin tank and I can see it ending badly..

Aricyn

Post by Aricyn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:46 am

night_wolf wrote:
hatemekillme wrote:I just started playing recently....I have a lvl 18 night elf warrior....I also have a horde character that I dont play much......Im on the Kargath US server.....But it doesnt look like anyone else from the states plays :(.....
Keep going you'll get there.

I've been finding levelling a druid and paladin is quite fun although my friend wants me to be a paladin tank and I can see it ending badly..
pally tanking is sooo easy :p
<3

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

I am levelling an ele shammy and it's really getting on my nerves, the mana regen is so poor its taking me twice as long to do anything than it did on my mage. Kill mob, sit and drink, kill mob, sit and drink etc etc. I spend more time sitting on my arse than I do actually playing.

That said we've started a guild and had our first full guild runs last night, the weekly and VOA10. Both went smoothly with no problems. TOC10 however was another story, didn't even manage to get the first boss down. We have Ony10 tonight and I imagine it'll be the same thing. Too many undergeared 80's who don't know tactics. *sigh*
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 am

I hate when people don't know tactics! I generally forget them by the time I next get round to doing that raid again but I pick it up again. Going in blind and then the raid wiping just gets tiring!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Ony is the easiest to do when you're dps, stand near the middle, don't aggro mobs and don't get killed by fire.

Bless.

I've not done any raiding for weeks.

Oh girls can you remind me which person is who? I have a couple of you but I can't remember who's real name is which. :lol:

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Lauren!

`Lush

Post by `Lush » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 am

hay ladies!!

yay a whole thread dedicated to WoW!

lets see, where to start. I suppose i should introduce my wow characters and such. I've been playing for almost 5 years now.

All of my toons are on sargeras. and all but 1 are horde.

My current main (since a few months before wotlk came out)
is my lovely Discpve/holypve priest. <3 I love her.
I also have an 80 paladin ret/prot (she was horde but i faction changed her to play with my parents thinking about faction changing her back)
an 80 Destro Lock (first character i ever made... has taken me like 4 years off and on to level her. LOL)
78 Survival hunter (my original main all through BC and some in vanilla. finally slowly bringing her to 80. I miss playing BM though. and even though MM is "the spec to be" MM is boring and i prefer survival to MM so i think i will stay survivial at 80.)

I also have a few lower level toons :
67 Shaman ele/resto
63 Druid resto/boomchicken
obligatory 58 Deathknight. lol.

^__^
"Our Doubts are our traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”