The WoW thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
night_wolf

Re: The WoW thread

Post by night_wolf » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:17 pm

I play as a survival hunter at 80, I've raided to Lich King, I don't see how it's the perfect spec when you can easily hit just as good dps as a survival hunter, plus the rotation is better.

Nice to see someone bringing back my WoW thread, currently I'm levelling a druid, she's 64, poor moomar.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I got sick and tired of my Rogue, they're too much effort. So I started a Druid.

Much more fun :D

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:51 pm

My boyfriend is a beast mastery hunter and I have seen him out dps MM hunters on several occasions, he's putting out 11k in ICC with a GS of around 5.7. My 5.7 mage can only hit 9k. Lots of people think there is an ideal "raid spec" for each class, but to be honest its entirely down to skill of the player. A good player who knows his class will easily out perform someone who's just picked a cookie cutter spec and doesn't have a clue what they are doing.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Bomber wrote:I got sick and tired of my Rogue, they're too much effort. So I started a Druid.

Much more fun :D
Oh god isn't it just!

I love being able to fly for 3g, healing is quite fun to, although it makes me hate and realise just how many bad tanks there are out there.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 pm

I can't play healers at all, I'm far too used to playing Warlocks to ever make a good healer. My Druid is only level 13 right now so I'm umming and ahhing between Balance and Feral.

Knowing me I'll just end up getting frustrated that I can't just send a Voidwalker in and end up playing a Warlock again anyway.

edit - and now I'm bored because the login servers are offline :(

`Lush

Post by `Lush » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Bomber wrote:I can't play healers at all, I'm far too used to playing Warlocks to ever make a good healer. My Druid is only level 13 right now so I'm umming and ahhing between Balance and Feral.

Knowing me I'll just end up getting frustrated that I can't just send a Voidwalker in and end up playing a Warlock again anyway.

Healing seems to be my calling. I was dps all through vanilla and BC and prided myself in being a competent hunter but once i got my priest up there it opened up a whole new world to me. I absolutely adore it, and i'm good at it... so there's that. but i'm leveling my hunter now, so maybe i will get back into her. I like my lock too. :)
"Our Doubts are our traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Bomber wrote:I can't play healers at all, I'm far too used to playing Warlocks to ever make a good healer. My Druid is only level 13 right now so I'm umming and ahhing between Balance and Feral.

I thought the same, but my friend has forced me to take both a healer and tank as he describes:

''So you can see for yourself just how bad people are at playing wow and want to correct them''
:lol:

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Well I switched to horde I have a lvl 8 undead warlock Euphana and a lvl 30 Blood Elf Mage Kanadra.....I really like playing the mage but my original character was a warrior so it took a little to get used to...Right now I'm addicted to battlegrounds!!

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 pm

As a peasant-like student I can't afford to play Wow, but I recently played the trial of Lord of the Rings Online and really enjoyed it.

It goes free to play in a few weeks, I thought some of you might be interested. :)
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Don't you dare try to tempt us away from WoW, heathen! ;)

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Lorny wrote:Don't you dare try to tempt us away from WoW, heathen! ;)
This! Off with you! :lol:

I still love WoW even if it does cost me nearly a tenner a month.

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 pm

But-but- :shock: -Runs for the hills-

Seriously though, you could slap 'Lord of the Rings' on anything and i'd be sold. I do miss WOW, I only ever had the three month trial but I really enjoyed playing it!

One day I SHALL play again!
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Noodles! wrote:But-but- :shock: -Runs for the hills-

Seriously though, you could slap 'Lord of the Rings' on anything and i'd be sold. I do miss WOW, I only ever had the three month trial but I really enjoyed playing it!

One day I SHALL play again!
I tried it quite a while ago, I think it was beta or something and really really hated it, bit like guild wars, although I do recommend guild wars 2 as it's looking stunning, although not out yet.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:47 pm

My main issue when it came out with LotRO is that you could only go as far as I think Bree with the base game and they were going to expand it with patches etc.

I loved Age of Conan but that flopped because you needed such a beast of a machine to run it no one bothered playing it

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 am

Me and my husband quit a year ago. We've played the game for 4 years at that time (yes, we started in month 1 that the game existed :lol:).

We had just too many too high characters that needed upkeep, so we we're quite some time online per day.

We played at the European server Eonar, a normal server, at the Horde side :).

My characters were:

Lvl 80 male tauren druid (resto.) named Hertog,
Lvl 80 female orc warrior (prot.), Auf,
Lvl 80 male undead priest (shadow), Moonspell,
Lvl 80 female undead warlock (destruc.), Yuddith,
Lvl 75 female troll deathknight (frost.), Ulanti.

When the new expansion Cataclysm was announced, we quit. I hate it (I loooove the old world! <3 Keep your paws of it, Blizzard! :evil:) and my husband loves it (his word: GOOOOBBBLLIIINNNSSSSS! :mrgreen:). So, yeah....I do miss playing it at times, but I just know I can't play 'a little'. It's all or nothing.... :i3:

angeleyes90

Post by angeleyes90 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm level 46 i left for 9 months and rejoined again my boyfriend however is level 85 we are both paladins

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 pm

thought id bring the wow thread back.

currently started on a new server; Khadgar.
got my holy priest to 70.

so now i have;

Stormrage EU;
85 Drainai unholy DK (fully PVP geared)(full leveled tailoring prof i think)
85 Human Fury DPS warrior (Haven't played much since dinged)
52 Troll Hunter (probably never going to level as i'm only leveling it in pvp)

Khadgar EU;
35 Restro/Feral Worgan (duel spec) Druid.
70 Holy Human priest.

Gosh. Ive realised how much i play

if anyhone wants to add me on real ID im jennykempuk@aol.com

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Tue May 03, 2011 1:09 pm

I've been a bit gutted I've not really had the chance to play the last month or two, as my last deadline is out the way on friday I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue May 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I haven't been online since September cuz I haven't had time to play since college started. I cancelled my account cuz I knew that would happen. My little sister is way ahead now, she's really good. A lot better than I was!

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Wed May 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Im "off" again since January. My husband and I got Cata, then he got hacked over christmas time. His lvl 80 got pushed up 4 levels, all gear/gold had gone and was left floating mid-air. Altho he got all of his stuff back he was fuming that the GMs couldnt reset the character lvl back to 80. We palyed our mains together, so now Ill have to lvl alone and he has missed out on the quests that he paid for with Cata. So we unsubscribed again...
I feel we might end up going back in maybe at the end of summer, who knows...

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

NatalieDarkwave

Post by NatalieDarkwave » Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 pm

EEEEEE is it a poor sign that i got really excited that there was a thread about WoW? XD

ive been playing since the start of WoTLK and have a couple of 80s and 2 85s...

my main is Nexene belf warlock...gearning her up sometime soon to start raiding in the guild im in really finding it hard to stick with this expansion i mean even though i only started playing in 08 i did it right i bought vanilla and i worked through the quests and raids that were still avaliable to me (which wasnt many) and dungeons etc before i bought burning crusade...then i did the same with that, which took me a little longer as quite a few raids were still avaliable, did all them at 70 then moved on to wotlk and covered all that content too but now cata has been released i just dont find the connection i had with the others, no real desire to progress through the raids etc, i feel the player faces a harder task as certain classes and the classes arent all equal it sees blizzard prefers certain classes, which dont get me wrong they always have, but now it seems evermore obvious classes such as mages and blood dks are so op... for the fact blood is the new tank spec and its doing more dps than most other melee dps and its a spec for tanking?!?! and mages...well all theyve had is buffs to their spells and increases/benifits it just makes it so much harder as a caster dps to do competitive damage compared to a good geared mage and then it makes you look bad like why the fuck are all warlocks fail? and its instantly put down to the player not the fact that they keep getting nerfed etc....:(

i think i may either gear up and raid or just give up and admit defeat.

zaea

Post by zaea » Fri May 13, 2011 4:55 pm

I've been on and off [mostly on LOL] since 05.

I haven't been doing any higher-end leveling in Cata for some reason, I guess I wanted to explore the WTF that happened to the lower level zones. I'm glad Northrend has basically been left alone.

I have an 80 Night Elf DK, 80 Draenei shammy, 75ish NE rogue, 63 BE pally, 70 mage, etc.
I played horde for 4 years [my main was the shammy...I miss my troll shammy] and faction changed to ally to play with my ex. Then server changed to play with the new bf. I'm not moving again >:C

I miss how 'difficult' vanilla was compared to the expansions. :c

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”