Engagement / Wedding Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: Engagement / Wedding Thread

Post by MrsEss » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Yuddith wrote:We wed yesterday and it was just perfect. We have to wait for the official photo's though, our photographer has a few weeks of vacation atm ;)
CONGRATULATIONS
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Haha, thanx very much! ^_^

silentstorm

Post by silentstorm » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 am

Congratulations!!!!!!

My Wedding is on Oct 6th so less than a month!!!
I cant believe we've been planning our hol/wedding since December and we fly out on 1st Oct - I know it will come round before I know it but it still feels really far away!

I cant wait to post pics once I'm back!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Congrats Yuddith...

I'm getting married 3 weeks today!!!!

In 3 weeks time I'll be at the registry office bricking it and waiting to go in :shock:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Time will fly, believe me ;) And before you know it, your big day is there, and it will be wonderfull! :D

Thanx for the congrats all! I don't have the pictures of the photographer yet, but I got one from my aunt:

We got married in Delft, in the old city hall, you can see the front of the building a little bit in this pic.

It's a beautiful historical building:
:i12:

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 am

I got engaged on Saturday :D

Hehe YAY ME!!!
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:53 am

:D :D congrats!

I forgot about this thread...reminds me I need to start planning :?

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks huni!!!

When you getting married? x
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 am

As it stands, 2012 but I'm hoping a little sooner :lol: need to at least sort out the basics. My OH is of the 'its ages away' school of thought right now :roll:

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:25 am

I just cant decide what type of day i want, everytime i think ive come up with a good idea i get put off and then its back to the drawing board. Im also aware that alot of the stuff i would be doin is just to please other people :oops:
Argh i just cant decide!!!!

Congratulations Miss_morticia!! Just dont go and do what i did when i got engaged (2years ago :shock: ) I got excited and ended up asking a stupid amount of people to be my bridemaids, so now i have 6 people :shock:
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 am

Yeah, its tough. No way I'm having bridesmaids :lol: funnily enough before I got engaged I always had friends saying 'ooooh I'll be bridesmaid right!' but now I am, no-one has said anything. Maybe they are asking for me to ask :shock:

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:44 am

Haha thanks hun!

i am a lil worried about that! I have lots of besties and i dont think i can ask them all (otherwise ill be followed by 8 of them!) lol.

Shadow - LOL! i think my fella probably the same, they dont realise how long it takes to plan a wedding lol!!! x

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 pm

The boyfriend think i'm being unreasonable when I say his ex isn't coming to our wedding or even reception. My mum didn't go to my father and step-mother's wedding, I don't give a shit that's the mother of his child, she's not coming.

Probably should get engaged first... we talk about "our wedding" quite often though.
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm

If there is someone you feel that strongly about not attending then he should respect your wishes. The last thing you want is to feel uncomfortable on your wedding day just for the sake of someone else. Ask him how he would feel if you invited any of your exes, probably not that chuffed. I don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

I guess you have to ask him why its so important to him for her to be there. If it's just cause he doesn't want to tell her she's not invited then he needs to man up ;)
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 pm

That's the reason! He doesn't want the hassle of telling her she's not coming, i'm quite happy to tell her myself ;)

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:49 pm

I agree - its YOUR wedding and it needs to be as relaxed as possible.. Why would she want to go anyway??? I wouldnt wanna go to any of my ex's weddings!!! x

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Ex's should never be allowed at weddings!

I can't believe I'm actually married now...it's been over a month!

* Queen of Tangents*

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:57 pm

She seems to think it's her duty to be involved in everything he does just because they had a kid together years ago. She even calls him to borrow money or get him to order stuff online for her because she isn't allowed credit cards. She drives me mad and i'd be massively annoyed about her being there on MY (and Jamie's!) day. /rant over.

has anyone been watching Wedding House on channel 4?

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:04 pm

I've seen a couple of them...CRAZY telly! I love Don't tell The Bride as well :oops:

I think you need to let him know how you feel...He needs to think about whether he'd rather keep you happy or her happy...on YOUR wedding day! :roll:

* Queen of Tangents*

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:49 pm

I have only just noticed this thread haha ^^ I got engaged two weeks ago, haven't decided far past it being a hand-fasting then a registrar. Got a few years to wait yet so not really planning much. I'm very crafty so will most likely be making pretty much everything myself, dress included

I completely understand Kikky_lou :( I was dragged by my ex to a friend's wedding when we were together, I didn't realise at the time she was an ex of his, I felt really bad afterwards and she was very unpleasant to me at the time, I didn't know why. I don't think its right personally. SO its really up to you, talk to him about it.
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

HairAndStuff

Post by HairAndStuff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:32 am

First of all, I just want to say congrats to all of you ladies. I know that for myself, my wedding was one the absolute best times of my entire life. And I hope it's the same for all of you lovely ladies ^_^

I got married at an all inclusive resort in the Turks & Caicos. Get this. The average at home American wedding costs in the realm of $20k to $30. For our airfare, a honeymoon sweet in paradise for a whole week, the wedding, and my not so inexpensive dress :? , hair and makeup, and a photographer, we rounded out at less than $7k, said and done. It was amazing!

Just an FYI to anyone planning a full on wedding, I'd recommend this to anyone. Everything was taken care of for us. It was a dream!

We got married on the 23rd last month and we want to go back every single year!

"I was making someone more portable and found maybe 30 dollars in pennies in their stomach. People are sick." - Jhonen V.
Hair & Stuff.com - Like H&S on FaceBook

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am

Yay for having pink hair at your wedding ^_^

Our wedding was also done with a 7k total spent. :i2:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

kurokawaii

Post by kurokawaii » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:35 pm

http://www.mookychick.co.uk/lists/budget-wedding.php

I wrote this jus after I go married in June, I did my wedding on he mega cheap and it was the most perfect day of my life :) I'm not sure if the link to the video of the actual wedding is on there still though, it's on my facebook though if you want to laugh at me.

www.facebook.com/deahbyhorus
Ich bin ein Nerd!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm going to check that out. I'm just starting to plan mine now, I'm not sure what the budget will be, but it won't be a massive wedding!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

kurokawaii wrote:http://www.mookychick.co.uk/lists/budget-wedding.php

I wrote this jus after I go married in June, I did my wedding on he mega cheap and it was the most perfect day of my life :) I'm not sure if the link to the video of the actual wedding is on there still though, it's on my facebook though if you want to laugh at me.

http://www.facebook.com/deahbyhorus
Ah yes you're the couple that got married in Sheffield! I remember all the funky coloured hair people and thinking how cool it was to have a marriage/friendships that have so many different people. Nice to see!

:)

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”