Engagement / Wedding Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
patricia*star

Re: Engagement / Wedding Thread

Post by patricia*star » Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 am

So tomorrow is the big day :shock:
Im bricking it! Over the past two weeks i have first fretted that we would have too many guests, then i worried no one would turn up, and now im panicing that people wont have a good time!
I suppose this is all normal.

I will see you all on the other side ladies xxx
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

venus

Post by venus » Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 pm

patricia*star wrote:So tomorrow is the big day :shock:
Im bricking it! Over the past two weeks i have first fretted that we would have too many guests, then i worried no one would turn up, and now im panicing that people wont have a good time!
I suppose this is all normal.

I will see you all on the other side ladies xxx
Hope you have a marvellous day. I'm maid of honour for my friends wedding in 2 weeks & she's starting to fret a bit, it's perfectly normal, just enjoy every minute x

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Have a fantastic day Lisa, I'm sure it will be perfect, just enjoy yourself! X

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:41 pm

We've been engaged for a year and a half and we're planning to get married in October/November, but we haven't done anything yet. O_O My fiancee works and I'm unemployed, so I should start doing things, but there's so many things to do I don't know where to start.
Argh. :shock:

I'm currently making a list of guests so that I can get price offers from reception places, but I'm stuck as I don't know all of my fiancee's relatives (he has WAY too many).

And I don't want my parents or his parents to know until we've made some arrangements. I don't know if anyone has had this problem, but I want to avoid any possibilities that our parents will try to make us do things the way *they* want.

On another note, I'm thinking of making the wedding theme white/lilac. I found some nice cheap wedding favour boxes on ebay in lilac (wedding favours for all the guests are customary here), and I was thinking of making that the wedding colour.
I am even thinking of going from red-head to lilac-head. That's sure to shock our traditional families. :P
*boing!*

venus

Post by venus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Woohoo, I can finally join this thread 8-)
Yep I am engaged, totally :D :D :D
Got to go ring shopping at some point, which I'm not really looking forward to as I have fat fingers and quite picky but hey ho always wanted to try rings on in fancy jewellers

PinkHalo

Post by PinkHalo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Congrats! How long have you been together?

I got engaged last year, and have been wondering what to do with my hair for the wedding. Any married ladies (or future planners) out there care to share how their hair was done? :)

venus

Post by venus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Only years :lol:
It'll probably be a couple more years before we make serious wedding plans too but it's a start :D

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”