whinge about ebay

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Jennilox

whinge about ebay

Post by Jennilox » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:55 pm

thanks to some really annoying customer who has been threatning and abusive to me via email, and also has now clamed that they havent recieved their item. I am now never selling anything on ebay again. which is a shame because it was the only way i was recieving any money. The item in question was about £3

~Azaezl~

Re: whinge about ebay

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:02 pm

I think ebay made a big mistake by not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback, it means alot more abuse is going to happen, at least back in the old days if someone retaliated with negative feedback you could contact ebay and most likely it would be resolved & removed wheras now they just don't want to know, ebay has become a real minefield now, it's fine to buy but very scary to sell!!!
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Its just emails hun, dont let it bother you. Show them your proof of postage, and file a claim with Royal Mail.

If they leave neg, simply reply to it saying 'Item lost by royal mail, but refund sent and claim filed'

As a buyer i personally dont mind the odd neg in a feedback for someone im buying from. As a seller i know how difficult some people can be - and i imagine the majority of people out there do as well

Honestly, don't let it bother you. Be grateful this person didn't buy somthing that was £100...

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:10 pm

yeah especially as the buyer has now been removed by ebay but is threating me in a paypal dispute. the moneys been taken out of my account already so im a bit miffed off really. I know its only £3 plus postage but thats not the point.

Especially as i have like 100 positive selling feedback. In hindsight i should have blocked them when they first started threatning me before the auction had finished.

Trouble is as it was a large letter item it was 5 pokemon cards i just stuck a large letter stamp on it and put it in the post box (my post office is 1 mile away) Damn i regret not going to the post office.

Prehaps i should send them something evil through the post as i have their address (jokes)

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:13 pm

If Ebay has removed the buyer then you should have no problem at all with Paypal. And Ebay and Paypal are connected I think? Or run by the same company now? (I came under this impression but cannot remember why as it was a long time ago).

You also have abusive emails as proof.

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:16 pm

true, il go and take them out of my rubbish bin (on the pc) and file them for later use.

I'm hating the new ebay no negitive feedback thing though. How can sellers know before dealing with a pain in the neck that their a pain.

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:44 pm

TBH the whole thing where sellers cant leave negative doesnt actually bother me, dunno why really -shrugs-
Good luck with sorting things out, everything should be ok though :)

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:25 am

deadteddys wrote:TBH the whole thing where sellers cant leave negative doesnt actually bother me, dunno why really -shrugs-
Good luck with sorting things out, everything should be ok though :)
You probably haven't had to sell to a nasty person yet? I finally encountered one not too long before I decided to tell ebay where to stick their policies. Thankfully it was an item I wasn't super fond of and the price was only $8 with shipping included. I didn't feel that it was worth it to try and make a claim against the person. Too much hassle for $8.

I have no problem buying on ebay. Unfortunately if I'm going to deal with online purchases I'm typically stuck using paypal, which is basically a branch of ebay, so I'm supporting them whether I like it or not, but I have no problem dragging down their stats for sales.

Oh, and Ebay owns/runs Paypal.

LifeDeathRebirth

Post by LifeDeathRebirth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:13 am

I don't like that sellers can't leave negative feedback. Some buyers are absolutely horrid and deserve the feedback. However, as I'm a buyer most of the time, there were times in the past where I had lots of trouble with a seller and was worried to leave negative feedback because a seller had a history of leaving retaliatory feedback. I've seen feedback abused by both sellers and buyers, and I think eBay could have come up with a better solution. These changes are just a bunch of bull and I don't blame sellers for leaving eBay.
born in the dust and cradled in the dark

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 am

LifeDeathRebirth wrote:I don't like that sellers can't leave negative feedback. Some buyers are absolutely horrid and deserve the feedback. However, as I'm a buyer most of the time, there were times in the past where I had lots of trouble with a seller and was worried to leave negative feedback because a seller had a history of leaving retaliatory feedback. I've seen feedback abused by both sellers and buyers, and I think eBay could have come up with a better solution. These changes are just a bunch of bull and I don't blame sellers for leaving eBay.
True, but I think it would be better that for anyone to be able to leave negative feedback, they should show proof to ebay and have it approved, only then might we see more honesty.

LifeDeathRebirth

Post by LifeDeathRebirth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:25 pm

I have a gripe of my own, but didn't want to make another eBay hate thread.

I bought something from a seller a month ago and still haven't received it. The seller no longer carries the product, so I asked for a refund. They gave me a partial refund, still charging me shipping and handling. How can you charge someone for something they didn't receive?
born in the dust and cradled in the dark

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”