What really grinds your gears?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
poxabomination

Re: What really grinds your gears?

Post by poxabomination » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

how infuriating! There must be a way to hide your online status from certain people. I know you can hide it from everyone, but then no one would talk to you :(
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

zaea

Post by zaea » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I just made it to where no one can post on my wall and never go on facebook chat anymore. I ignore her messages (facebook never sent them! ;) ) when she sends them. It's worked for the most part, but I still get to hear irritating little stories about her every now and then.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 pm

I've unadded plenty of people because of this. The ones who are always posting about how much they hate drama, and then every other post is more drama.

Another person I've taken off my list was a girl who got pregnant (by pretty silly circumstances to begin with) and her ENTIRE PREGNANCY all her posts were about how she couldn't wait to have the baby so she could go back to drinking and drugging and going out every night! Now, I give her a modicum of respect for not drinking and drugging WHILE pregnant, but it irked me to no end that she apparently didn't realize that there was responsibility involved AFTER pushing the kid out (and she was keeping it, btw).

Another gripe: People who constantly complain about their SO, finally break up, do the whole "I'm so much better off without you!" bit and then a few days later are right back with that person and right back to complaining about them! Over and over and over again. Ugh!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Gromidez wrote:IAnother gripe: People who constantly complain about their SO, finally break up, do the whole "I'm so much better off without you!" bit and then a few days later are right back with that person and right back to complaining about them! Over and over and over again. Ugh!
AHHHH OH MY GOD YES. Eff this soooo frigging hard. This just happened to me, again. :roll:

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 pm

poxabomination wrote:
Gromidez wrote:IAnother gripe: People who constantly complain about their SO, finally break up, do the whole "I'm so much better off without you!" bit and then a few days later are right back with that person and right back to complaining about them! Over and over and over again. Ugh!
AHHHH OH MY GOD YES. Eff this soooo frigging hard. This just happened to me, again. :roll:
Or even more, when the SO cheats on them, and instead of breaking up they sit around planning how they are gunna cheat now, too. Really? Just leave them! And then they get mad if the SO cheats again!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Are you a psychic? ;)

zaea

Post by zaea » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Gromidez wrote:I've unadded plenty of people because of this. The ones who are always posting about how much they hate drama, and then every other post is more drama.

Another person I've taken off my list was a girl who got pregnant (by pretty silly circumstances to begin with) and her ENTIRE PREGNANCY all her posts were about how she couldn't wait to have the baby so she could go back to drinking and drugging and going out every night! Now, I give her a modicum of respect for not drinking and drugging WHILE pregnant, but it irked me to no end that she apparently didn't realize that there was responsibility involved AFTER pushing the kid out (and she was keeping it, btw).

Another gripe: People who constantly complain about their SO, finally break up, do the whole "I'm so much better off without you!" bit and then a few days later are right back with that person and right back to complaining about them! Over and over and over again. Ugh!

Oh god it's like you have her on your facebook too!

uuuuuuuugh

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 pm

poxabomination wrote:Are you a psychic? ;)

Sometimes... :P

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 pm

one of my friends posting facebook statuses about how hot she looks in her interview clothes but how this means she won't get hired because its a woman interviewing her :roll:
i'd say it is more likely to count against her that
a) her fb page offering art 'consultansy' services hasn't been spellchecked. just a thought.
b) miniskirt does not equal competency

/okay rant over
/emmy x

InTheMidnights

Post by InTheMidnights » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Lilinth wrote:one of my friends posting facebook statuses about how hot she looks in her interview clothes but how this means she won't get hired because its a woman interviewing her :roll:
i'd say it is more likely to count against her that
a) her fb page offering art 'consultansy' services hasn't been spellchecked. just a thought.
b) miniskirt does not equal competency

/okay rant over
Ah some people, that really does just sound ridiculous! I i had a job interview i would be gushing about how grateful i am, not boosting my ego and putting the interviewer down jeezee.

I always have people on facebook moaning about how they're ill .....after drinking to the point of collapse the night before.

Also my other pet peeve is,( even though i am one), students. Because your paying all this money and they do everything half assed, surely your there to further yourself opposed to JUST scraping through.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm

When people say "mines" instead of "mine".

Ex: I love these puppies! And now they're all mines!

Are they? Deep holes where coal is dug or a small explosive, all of them? Meh. I prefer pitbulls.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Quote from my facebook, because I don't feel like rephrasing it!

"Saw a totally irritating news piece today about feather extensions and "smash coloring." Talking about how "new" and "unique" and "trendy" (and "extreme..." lololol) it is to add non-hair items to your hair and to add unnatural hair colors. LOLWUT?!
So, things myself and many other people been made fun of for/denied jobs for/publicly harassed for are now "trendy" and, even more preposterous, "new inventions and trends?" Please."

OK, its one thing that the ethics of where the feathers are sourced are in question, thats really up to your personal opinion, as is whether you think they're cool or tacky. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how this news station decided to do a piece in which they're talking about how its a new invention, and now people are branching out and doing sparkly extensions, etc, and its all never been done before and its a "wild new trend!"
this part doesn't bother me as much, although it does kind of suck that when people install wool or synth dreads (non human hair extensions) they get all sorts of funny looks. Though a whole head of dreads are a bit more extreme than a few feathers, I can agree.

What really "grind my gears" is that they also talked about putting unnatural colors in your hair with dye, but also with chalk so its not permanent (but will run all over your face when you sweat/it rains), and how its so trendy and unique and edgy and fun! Really? REALLY? If I see any of the trendy brats I knew when I was in high school who made fun of me for having blue hair show up with '"unnatural" chalk color in their hair, I'd demand an apology and then dump my water bottle on their heads.

As irritating as all this is to me, at least I can hope its a turning point to allowing people who actually have colored hair to get hired in more places. And for it to not be acceptable to follow me around a store pointing and laughing and taking pictures.

end rant.

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Women. In general. Groups of women. Situations where a group of women are trying to settle something up together. Argh. The way women are acting / communicating just makes me mad. Why does it has to be so? Men are so much easier, relaxed and act more like "all for one".
Last edited by dreadviolet on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 pm

One of my awesome lady friends is in mid-divorce after her husband decided to leave her for another girl. He cheated on said wife for a few months before even telling her. Ever since, he posts status updates about the girl friend, which I honestly feel are in bad taste. Mostly because they're still technically married, but it also seems like he's totally forgotton about the three beautiful daughters they have together. Oh, and apparently he now wants to get married to the new girl [they've been dating five months maybe] and start a family with her. Wait, what?

While I don't want to pass jugdment or get involved with other people's business, posting stuff like this all over FB is kind of tacky. It also sucks because I admired him as a tattoo artist, but now I wouldn't know how to feel getting work done by someone who actts like this.

The car currently parked in front of my back yard fence. It's not exactly an active driveway, but it's clearly part of the property as opposed to parking on the street. There are plenty of other spaces to park, and the house next door is abandonded, so blocking their gate would be no big deal. Why are you parked in front of mine? There's a sign going up on the gate by the end of the day, and another will find it's way under the windshield wiper if the car doesn't move.

People who invade my personal space while I'm shopping. Yes, I know I have tattoos, piercings, big holes in my lobes and funny looking hair. Sure, ask me questions and depending on my mood I might give you answer, even tho I am not required to nor do I have to be polite about it. You probly wouldn't like it if I asked why you're wearing a particular color shirt or style of shoes. However, it is entirely rude to stand in close proximity and openly gawk, unless you are a baby or young child. It makes you come across as ignorant and causes me to be uncomfortable when I am just there doing the same thing you are.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:06 pm

How flipping rude some children are these days.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 pm

poxabomination wrote:Quote from my facebook, because I don't feel like rephrasing it!

"Saw a totally irritating news piece today about feather extensions and "smash coloring." Talking about how "new" and "unique" and "trendy" (and "extreme..." lololol) it is to add non-hair items to your hair and to add unnatural hair colors. LOLWUT?!
So, things myself and many other people been made fun of for/denied jobs for/publicly harassed for are now "trendy" and, even more preposterous, "new inventions and trends?" Please."

OK, its one thing that the ethics of where the feathers are sourced are in question, thats really up to your personal opinion, as is whether you think they're cool or tacky. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how this news station decided to do a piece in which they're talking about how its a new invention, and now people are branching out and doing sparkly extensions, etc, and its all never been done before and its a "wild new trend!"
this part doesn't bother me as much, although it does kind of suck that when people install wool or synth dreads (non human hair extensions) they get all sorts of funny looks. Though a whole head of dreads are a bit more extreme than a few feathers, I can agree.

What really "grind my gears" is that they also talked about putting unnatural colors in your hair with dye, but also with chalk so its not permanent (but will run all over your face when you sweat/it rains), and how its so trendy and unique and edgy and fun! Really? REALLY? If I see any of the trendy brats I knew when I was in high school who made fun of me for having blue hair show up with '"unnatural" chalk color in their hair, I'd demand an apology and then dump my water bottle on their heads.

As irritating as all this is to me, at least I can hope its a turning point to allowing people who actually have colored hair to get hired in more places. And for it to not be acceptable to follow me around a store pointing and laughing and taking pictures.

end rant.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to make fishnet shirts out of old pairs of stockings. My hair was purple when I was 13 and I wore big ol' platform boots. Hot Topic wasn't trendy yet, so the one or two malls that had them made me so happy, since I could find certain things I'd otherwise have to make or buy online. Kids used to spit on me, throw rocks at me, otherwise attack me because my nails were black or my hair was a different color.

Fast forward to the music video made my Busta Rhymes and Janet Jackson where they are decked out in black/purple fetish gear, with black nails and lips, with chains and stuff. NOW it's SO COOL to dress like I have for years. NOW it's totally acceptable to shop at places like Hot Topic and it's become even trendier than Abercrombie. Now the girls in my class who used to spit on me are now dying their hair in streaks of unnatural colors and even trying to tell ME that I am copying THEM! Murderous rage. I has one.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:51 am

I wish everyone stuck by the phrase "If you don't have anything helpful/nice to say, don't say anything at all." It'd be a much better world if everyone stuck to that.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 am

VixenSingsBlack wrote:I wish everyone stuck by the phrase "If you don't have anything helpful/nice to say, don't say anything at all." It'd be a much better world if everyone stuck to that.

But then we wouldn't have Regretsy.com, and then where would we be? :P

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:49 am

Gromidez wrote:
VixenSingsBlack wrote:I wish everyone stuck by the phrase "If you don't have anything helpful/nice to say, don't say anything at all." It'd be a much better world if everyone stuck to that.

You know what you're right! Revoked!!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 am

VixenSingsBlack wrote:
Gromidez wrote:

You know what you're right! Revoked!!
Yes, but not everyone is Regretsy! They are the exception, as are failblog and other lolsites. Now, there is somebody on another forum I'm on that should stick to that. I wish they would stfu for once and stop attacking (or completely ignoring) everything I post! I think it may be jealousy!

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm

^ Agreed. There's snarkiness for the lulz of it and because it meant to be humourous. Then there's just outright being a bitch for the sake of it. It's everywhere, and I do wish people could rein it in a bit. I'm not sure some people realise how unprofessional it makes them look!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 pm

To totally change the subject to something whiney and pathetic; my belly has hurt for about 2 months now on and off and I don't know why. I always have had digestive problems so its not anything shocking, but its making me quite cranky. I couldn't dance/skank/mosh/doanything when reel big fish played last night because of a very sharp pain in my lower abdomen and it made me so frustrated I wanted to cry.

/whine

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 pm

poxabomination wrote:To totally change the subject to something whiney and pathetic; my belly has hurt for about 2 months now on and off and I don't know why. I always have had digestive problems so its not anything shocking, but its making me quite cranky. I couldn't dance/skank/mosh/doanything when reel big fish played last night because of a very sharp pain in my lower abdomen and it made me so frustrated I wanted to cry.

/whine
Interior pain grinds my gears. Mouth pain, headaches, tummy aches. Bruises, cuts, etc are fine, but those interior pains need to GO!!

(PS I don't know what to "skank" means. :oops: *runs to google*)

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:14 pm

you probably won't find many good videos of skanking.. I've tried and I haven't found any ones that didn't look silly. :lol: Hell, I probably look silly, but I've been told I'm good at it so I run with it. I wish I could have found footage of that show with me in it BEFORE the belly pain. Bah.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 am

poxabomination wrote:you probably won't find many good videos of skanking.. I've tried and I haven't found any ones that didn't look silly. :lol: Hell, I probably look silly, but I've been told I'm good at it so I run with it. I wish I could have found footage of that show with me in it BEFORE the belly pain. Bah.
Skanking IS pretty ridiculous. I've only ever done it in a mocking tone, myself. It's basically just kicking and punching the air in a circle with other people doing the same...to music :lol:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”