Old HH site is LIVE x-posted...

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
doclocks
Site Admin

Old HH site is LIVE x-posted...

Post by doclocks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:05 pm

Its been quite the process, but its all been worth it.
Check it out!!

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/hh_forum/a ... /index.php

I posted this link under site details so that we'll have a hard copy of it there.
I didn't think most people would see it so I wanted to let you all know here.

I have made it an archive, so its viewable and readable, but not postable. I'm still hoping to integrate it a bit further, but I wanted everyone to have the info asap!!

Cheers!
Doc
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

starlight

Re: Old HH site is LIVE x-posted...

Post by starlight » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:12 pm

oooh awesome.. also, you can still log in and read your old pms! excellent..

Dude

Post by Dude » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Its weird looking at that now :lol:
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Yay!
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss

Post by Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Yeay! but i really wish we could go back home and use it. :i3:

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:26 am

Bwaha, it's so strange. I have a girl asking me about dreads, and I can't even remember our talk at this point lol. It's handy, though, as I needed some of the information about a supposed shipped package :) I wish I could respond! Some sweet feedback was left, and I want to thank her, darnit.

LifeDeathRebirth

Post by LifeDeathRebirth » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:35 am

This great news! I really need my PMs.
born in the dust and cradled in the dark

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:41 am

You should be able to log in and get any PMs. The only thing that we can't do is post there now. But at least we have the info.

Cheers!
Doc
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:49 am

Should we keep transferring tutorials onto this board? I was thinking it would still be a good idea so that people can post questions or comments or whatever.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 am

Cupcak3_pr1nc3ss wrote:Yeay! but i really wish we could go back home and use it. :i3:

ahh but then it would keep crashing and us mods would have no access to issues! Much better at our new home!

Ikickshins, I think it would be nice to still transfer tutorials as people want easy, instant access to them :)

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:19 pm

ikickshins wrote:Should we keep transferring tutorials onto this board? I was thinking it would still be a good idea so that people can post questions or comments or whatever.
i think that's a great idea

some of the shop links (if htey haven't made it over here already) would be sweet too
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:00 pm

We have a choice with that I suppose. We could wait and see if the boards can be merged a bit OR we can leave all of the old posts behind and just start fresh.

I'll look into merging a bit right now and get back to you with feasibility. :)

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:42 pm

OOhhh thats handy, I was able to pick up a few PMs I needed :mrgreen:

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Okay, so the boards *can* be merged. Does anyone think it will be worth the trouble?

I would think we would NOT want to merge members as there are 20,000+ members on the old board - most of those being spambots - not real people.

We could merge posts, but if we did it would take the board down for a couple days, or at least one day. We could put up some kind of chat room in its place for people to not have to go through withdrawls, but the board would have to be taken down for database work.

Otherwise, we can leave it as is and migrate what we want. We will always have access to the old posts for searching purposes and your old account info, should you have one.

Thoughts?

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:14 pm

I think we should just migrate what we want. If the posts are merged we'll end up with duplicate threads and what not wont we

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Yes, we will end up with duplicates. We can always have people help moderators find the duplicates and we can merge topic singly or we can delete repeaters.

It's not really an easy task to merge the boards, but it is a bit of a pain having both as well. There IS a lot of good info on there. But really, its up to the community to decide what they would like to see done with it.

I'm trying to put together an archive site for all of our current technical/method/info/etc. so that it can be found in one spot. Maybe instead of migrating we can do some compiling there. I'm planning on having the archive site link back to various sections of this board for current up to date discussions.

Anyone have any opinions or thoughts?

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 pm

I think we should only move the threads we need, like tutorials, the shops and links threads, stuff like that. There are a lot of threads on there that no one is ever going to refer back to or for stuff that comes up regularly anyway.

Also.. moving them over manually gives me something to do when I am procrastinating at doing my homework. Yes, I'm being selfish.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:30 pm

I don't think we need to merge both boards, and it would be nice not to have downtime so soon too. Could we merge maybe just the tutorials sections? I think the rest will come in time.
telling it like it is!

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:15 am

Sarah - you crack me up.

Tutorials will have to be manually moved as we can't just do one section.

However, I am working on the archive site and just finished loading the page basics. I could transfer all of the old tutorials there so that the images/text would be in one place and we can leave the tutorial section here for newly evolving ones. Or at least have a more permanent back up copy there in case someone loses hosting/site info. Disappearing tuts is never fun. Would that be coolio?

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:37 am

I forgot to mention - and I'll mention in the other post - I'm not planning on leaving those pages in under my store. It was just easier for me to build it there for structure purposes.

I don't want anyone to be off put by that. :i9:

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:18 am

yea, i don't think merging is a great idea either...but grabbing the useful, popular, or fantastic reference threads, tutes, etc

i was actually wondering if this boards 'best of' section was going to be archived server side? i remember the heartbreak of the old quinnster board when the best of threads were all filled with broken images :(
if that was the case, we may be able to have a thread for voting in some of the old showoffs to the archived section? just a thought to discuss
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 am

Oh, fantastic! There were a couple of PMs on there I really needed =) You've just made it possible for me to send out items to someone who has paid for them. Thank you ;)

& It makes me a little nostalgic looking at the old board =(
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”