Advice - Loosing my house, update - last post

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Allexiyah

Advice - Loosing my house, update - last post

Post by Allexiyah » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:10 am

I really didn't want to make a personal post like this on here. Things are pretty bad for me now so i need to drop the whole -not-on-the-internet- thing i have going on at the moment.

I split with my boyfriend of 5 years a month ago. I can no longer afford the mortgage (and the rest) on my house. Ive researched into cheaper mortgages, changed to cheaper home, car and life insurance. Cut food shopping and outgoings right back. Stopped using my car when i can (which is impossible as i work on a steelworks!)

I'm being made redundant on the 24th (yes, it truely does all come at once) and i had planned to use my redundancy ££ to help set up shop and build my livelyhood etc etc but i dont know if i can do that now :cry:

Anyway, i have 6 cats who i love to death. Im hoping my mum can take the 2 eldest boys, they are brothers and she totally adores them :lol:

Ive got Millie who i want to stay with me, then i have 3 i need to home. Tillie and Zippy who are 17 months (m + f) and sasha, whos 2 and a half and stays outside 24/7.

Ive been on the waiting list with the cats protection league for 4 months but they just dont have the room for them, same for the RSPCA (and ive heard they put an animal down if they havent homed it in 6 months) ive put ads in the local ad traders etc but im really beginning to panic :(

Can anyone give me, any advice at all? I never thought it would come to this, i love them so much and it breaks my heart to have to leave them but i cant afford to feed myself, let alone 6 kitties. If my house gets repossessed ill be in rented accom. maybe i can get away with millie but the others theres no way i can do it :(

anyway, im not one to post the ins and outs of my personal life on the internet but i really, really am beginning to loose all hope of homing them. Paying my mortgage feels like nothing, getting these guys good homes is my top priority at the moment - as mad as that sounds

Anyway, a rather upset and marble loosing...

Ally :( xxx
Last edited by Allexiyah on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dude

Re: Advice - Loosing my house, but what to do with my cats? :(

Post by Dude » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 am

It might be a huge long shot, but my mum lives on a farm in west wales, I'll ask her if she would nab the cats from you. Also she knows people in Pontypool that may be able to help. Ill ring her tonight and see what I can do for you.
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 am

I'd really appreciate that thanks griff, sasha would do well on a farm as shes very anti people... apart from when she wants food :lol:

absolutebrutal

Post by absolutebrutal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:42 am

just liek griff has said, my nan lives on a farm in mid wales. if griff can't help you out somehow, let me know and i'll see if my nanas interested (she's a total of 18 cats over the last 10 years).
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

Dude

Post by Dude » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 am

And if we fail:

All Creatures Great And Small in Cwmbran are worth a try.
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:23 am

How about putting a post on gumtree.com ?

I know a lot of people post pets on there that need to be rehomed, you get the chance to talk to people via email etc before even deciding if they/ you want to give your moggies away.

I found my beloved pup via gumtree a few weeks back :)

Sorry to hear of your bad news, I hope it works out for you x

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:29 am

Im not taking them to all creatures, its a bad place and they rehome to just about anyone as long as they give them the money.

We got millie from there, we walked in, filled out a forum, paid £20 then took her home and that creeps me out a little :(

I'll try gumtree - thanks tained :)

Absolute - i'd appreciate that thanks, i dont mind driving them anywhere in the UK as long as its a good home

LadyLillith

Post by LadyLillith » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:57 am

Thats sad. I would have them if I could but with me going to university and mum already having 4 dogs and a cat to look after I don't think she'd be too pleased! I hope they get rehomed nicely and I just want to say don't give up no matter how bad it looks.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

If the music is too loud, you are too old.

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:07 pm

I would love to take your kitties off your hands but my mums already got three cats and im off to UNI monday :( I hope everything works out for you hun! -Big hugs from me!-

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 pm

my aunt has just lost a cat to illness and she lives alone. it's a shame i'm so far away otherwise i would ask my aunt if she wanted another cat

the RSPCA are evil in terms of killing animals that are too old :(
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Im not sure what advice i can give you really but i just wanted to say we rent with 3 cats, most places we looked at were happy to take cats, some take a higher deposit, some give you your deposit back 6 months after youmove out incase of flea infestation, the one we rent now is fine and its a nice house its not just grotty ones that take cats!

without being too nosy.... if your ex is named on the mortgage then he should still be helpig you out with the repayments...

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:40 pm

He isnt, everything is in my name so he has no legal ties to the property

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:32 pm

if it came down to it, could your mum not take them all on a temp basis while you try to find other homes for them? are they all rescue cats or are any breeder cats? most breeders will have a clause that requires you to give the cats back to them if you can no longer give a home. it's a similar deal with some shelters too.

i second the gumtree idea
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

LittleMissHated

Post by LittleMissHated » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Again on the rented accomdation note I have a friend who has 13 cats and lives in a rented house, so it might not be too much of problem.
Known as Mooncradle everywhere else. Confused? You should be. :D

vivid

Post by vivid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:25 am

oh, i feel for you, really =( i recently moved in with friends, one of whom had 2 cats thats shes had for years. i would have been happy to keep them, as ive known them ever since she got them when they were kittens, but our other new housmate insists shes allergic, so we had to get rid. it got as far as taking them to the vets to be put to sleep, and about 20mins before they were due they got a last minute reprieve with a charity who said they could rehome them.

it wouldnt be so bad, but the one who is allergic hardly spends any time at the house anyway... =(
The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold... The curve of your lips rewrites history...

Sick Puppy

Post by Sick Puppy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:00 am

That is so sad to hear hun v_v But I am so glad to see so many wonderful, kind people who are offering to help - that is really positive and good~!

I really feel your pain - as I am going through a similar thing - my boyfriend and I have split up - he is going back to his ex and I am having to find my own place... Hard to do when this was the first time I moved out and I kinda sorta have NOO idea what I am doing v_v

If I lived in the same damn country, I would most definitely help you to take the puss-meows off your hands - my friend has a leetle house in the country and essentially she looks after old cats that owners can't look after or own anymore... Its a little cat heaven!

-big massive hugs, cups of tea and chocolate biscuits- Things may seem mental at the moment, but they will get better soon hun!

xxxx

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks for all the advice girls, im still looking :(

and selling the entire contents of my house :lol: :cry:

absolutebrutal

Post by absolutebrutal » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:43 pm

PM'd =)
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

cancankant

Post by cancankant » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Is there no place you'll be able to live where you can keep them? I don't know about the legalities in the UK, but here in Milwaukee where I live, there are typcially landlords who don't care or who will turn a blind eye to animals as long as you are trustworthy. Sometimes these places aren't the best or aren't in the best neighborhoods, so you are making a tradeoff. I personally would do this, since there's no way anybody's taking my animals. You are losing you home due to bad circumstances, not anything that would be considered wrongdoing. I truly hope you can work this out and find a home for the cats or some way to keep them.

This type of thing scares the crap out of me. I've got 2 dogs and 4 cats. I love them like children.

When I was in England, they had a program for assistance for low income people (or those in desperate need). Not sure if Wales has anything like that. Are there private rescue groups, or even a friend or two that might take 1-2 cats and help out that way.

You are in my thoughts. As I said, there is nothing more terrifying to me. As a human, I can't be denied housing, but landlords can deny pets if they so well please.

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 pm

vivid wrote:oh, i feel for you, really =( i recently moved in with friends, one of whom had 2 cats thats shes had for years. i would have been happy to keep them, as ive known them ever since she got them when they were kittens, but our other new housmate insists shes allergic, so we had to get rid. it got as far as taking them to the vets to be put to sleep, and about 20mins before they were due they got a last minute reprieve with a charity who said they could rehome them.

it wouldnt be so bad, but the one who is allergic hardly spends any time at the house anyway... =(
she was going to KILL the cats? that's aweful!
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:45 am

Thanks for all the advice girlies, its just a matter of time now :(

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 am

TenderTendrils wrote:Thanks for all the advice girlies, its just a matter of time now :(
*huggles tight* AWWW hun! id take them if i could but we already have 3 cats and a dog and 10000 fishes and mums said were not allowed any more! :( if i had my own place id take them for sure.. but im a while off a flat or my own yet.

I hope you find somewhere nice for them or the owners of the next place you live let you keep them all!!!! If not have you looked for any private animal sanctuarys?! theres one near my house called "thornebury animal sanctuary" and they take everything they can.. never put any animal to sleep and if they cant re-home them the staff take them and care for them at their homes!. I hope you find somewhere like that!

*mwah* chin up
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:10 pm

Yeah my friend Phi knows a guy who runs a priate one in abertillery so shes going to ring him for me. Im calling the CPL every Monday to get my name back up to the top of the waiting list but...

the annoying thing is, they had a space for them. But they had written my mobile number down wrong. I was livid - it happens, but everytime i ring i give them my mobile, work and home numbers. Why only call my mobile! :cry:

Anyway, fingers crossed. Now, i just need to find a way to pay my mortgage, bills, petrol and finish the rennovation on the house so it actually sells - oh, and did i mention that i have to do it without a job :lol:

Im applying for absolutely and job i can get at the moment, so somthing better come up, or the repo's will take the house, auction it off and ill be 20k in debt from them selling it off so cheap :)

Joy.

Sorry, meh :( its hard to be positivie some days. Especially seeing as my ex earns double what i do, plus over time. *green*

Bettedaviseyes

Post by Bettedaviseyes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:27 pm

MEN ARE CRAP
*big hug*

slinkypanda

Post by slinkypanda » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Yeah that really sucks, i have 7 cats and my gf is probably gonna give her cat cause she can't afford her rent because she broke up with her boyfriend of 10 years cause he cheated she has a baby, they are 23, its really messed up i hate hearing about this sort of thing men are crap :cry:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”