Canon digital SLR advice!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
delic1999

Canon digital SLR advice!

Post by delic1999 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 pm

I really want a canon digital SLR camera...I have been thinking about getting the EOS 40D or 50D for a while. Anyone have some insite on canon digital SLR cameras?

Not sure if maybe a different one canon makes would be better suited for me or not. i currently own a Canon Powershot s5is. I take a lot of outdoor/wildlife, macro and portrait photography..and I like using natural lighting. So I'd like my pictures to be clear and sharp and can capture momevent without blur. Recomendations on camera and lenses would be great! It's a big investment so any help would be great!

some of my work so you get an idea of what i do

Last edited by delic1999 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justapuppetonastring

Re: Canon digital SLR advice!

Post by justapuppetonastring » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 am

We have canon 40D's at college ad they are relly easy to use with a good quality of images. x

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 pm

The thing I'm going to say is, go for it.
The level of colour depth and aptitude canon's have is amazing. By the looks of it you like showing the colours in things, and canons are great cameras to use for that.
The thing I like about canon's too opposed to Nikon's or a sony like mine is that their system menus are alot more straightforward, whether you're a amateur or a professional. Setting up aperture, lens speed etc settings is really simple.

Look up some reviews online especially where they compare with other cameras, and look at the aptitude tests, you'll see the difference in quality and zoom etc.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

phuturatica

Post by phuturatica » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 am

A Canon 40D would be more than fine for the images that you want to achieve with it. :) You could even get a cheaper model and it would still be fine. A canon 450D takes excellent images! However it all about the lenses. Maybe get a cheaper model like the 450D and then splash out on some different lenses which are more appropriate for what you want to achieve! That's what I would do anyways...
Recollect me darling, raise me to your lips... two undernourished egos, four rotating hips...

Little Bean

Post by Little Bean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

I know it's a long time since you posted this. Just wanted to say how fab the frog pic is. Hope you got the camera you wanted

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”