my second try. the first ones never happened >.>

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
acia lust

my second try. the first ones never happened >.>

Post by acia lust » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:16 am

ok, so i tried my hand aat transitionals. and then left them for two years. i'm trying to make more, but before i waste any more precious hair like i just did with a failed harlyquinn and other trans, i thought i'd let you guys have a go at what neesd to be fixed or pointers.
also, i'm having trouble managing the tropical blue kk. is it normal for there to be specific colours that are harder to manage?
*thank you, IKickShins <3 for the pink and blue(not pictured) kk*

mona_me

Re: my second try. the first ones never happened >.>

Post by mona_me » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 pm

What do you use to make dreads? You need more heat and need to twist them tightly. The start can never be bad))

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

The middles and the pink parts look loose, they need more backcombing.
It might be worth practising on normal solid dreads first so you get the technique down before vernturing on to transitionals (although, I went straight for transitionals & blends when I started too)

There are definately colours that are really hard to work with and are really hard to seal. The tougher ones to work with don't tend to shrink with heat and you have to backcomb them alot to get them to keep shape. I am not sure on that particular colour though as I've never used it.

Its all about practise though, so keep up the good work :)
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

acia lust

Post by acia lust » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 pm

well, i have done a few good solids. (some of them the black ones there)
is there a way to easily backcomb these already seald? or should i just make new ones?
thank you for thehelp ^_^ :i9:

CaptainZig

Post by CaptainZig » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Unfortunately, when you practice, you will use a lot of hair. It just comes with the territory. What method are you using to seal? Some sections look quite loose.

Some have said you can pull the dread apart and try to backcomb, but personally I've never had much luck with this method because the sections that did seal well can create lumps when the dread is backcombed again (at least, that's been my personal experience). So you could try to unravel the dread and pull it apart, but I'd rather just make new ones, so it's up to you which you'd like to spend time on.
Formerly known as Vivi.

acia lust

Post by acia lust » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm

i've actually been using the flat iron method. it can't afford a steamer yet. the very first try was with hot water and steam and that failed misserably. so i've been doing flat iron and sprayhing with water. i use a comb designated for backcombing that i got from sally beauty supply, and i have been doing the backcomb-split-back-comb-split. they held together ok for the first few months, but i never wore them and this is them two years later ^^;
i'll make new ones and figure out what i can do with these.

mona_me

Post by mona_me » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Try to use iron, that you use for you clothes. It gives more heat and it is very good for the loose ends.

Return to “Hair Critique”