Re: Curly and Straight Dread Falls, help mailing issue!

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:51 am

So, my customer wanted me to make falls that are a mix of curly and straight dreads from 15in long to 22in long. This is how they came out Image
how do you guys like them?
Last edited by KittyKassdreads on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Librarynerd

Re: Curly and Straight Dread Falls

Post by Librarynerd » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:02 am

Love them! The thick curlies are amazing.

Jealous of the customer getting those:)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:02 am

these are badass. :lol: I love the way the curls pop up like that!
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

danixdorko

Post by danixdorko » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:52 am

I seriously adore your chunky dreads! I can't seem to get mine that big! *goes to practice more*
-Indecisive Army-

Sunshine Button.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:14 am

I would have put in a few more curlies, but really it's all about what the customer wants!

los

Post by los » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:47 am

I really adore these, they're super cute, great job!

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:15 am

they are very lovely :)
should be in the show off section!

UrbanHairDesigns

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:00 pm

I love these. They look great. I love the colors and thickness. Also you didn't over do the curlies. ;)
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

Astrume

Post by Astrume » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 am

These dreads are super cute! The colors complement well, and i love the combined use of thick and curly dreads. Great job!
"The most beautiful things emerge from chaos...I don't even know what that word 'chaos' means, you know? Chaos appose to what, order? When is there order anywhere?" -- Esperanza Spalding

Sugarfalls

Post by Sugarfalls » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Now those are amazing! Very yummy colours, looks good enough to eat!

MysticRouge

Post by MysticRouge » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:21 am

How I wish I had these on my head right now! They look amazing and they're very colorful!

KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:19 am

My customer still hasn't gotten these falls in the mail.
I mailed them on june 6th with a tracking number and everything.
apparently it never updated and she never received her package i have been back and forth with the post office trying to figure out what went on.
I hope they didn't get lost.
This has never happened before and i feel so bad that she has been waiting almost over two week for her falls to arrive.
what do you think i should do? In a way its not my fault, i did everything in my power as a seller. i worked real hard on those dreads and do everything in my power to keep my customers happy and it crushes me that i may get a bad review over something like this.

do i give a full refund, a half refund? even though i bought all the supplies and did all the work and it was really only the post offices fault for losing it?

i need some advice cuz i've never been in such a awkward situation before @_@

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:04 am

If you do give a refund you won't. Be out of pocket for long, with a tracking number the po will be able to see themselves it hasn't turned up and will give you your money, as long as you sent them under the right cost (when they ask if it's worth more than £41 or not) if you said no you will only be able to claim that back.

Oh and I know it's not your fault personally but it is YOUR responsibility. When sending something in the post you are going into contract with the post office, she isn't. You did everything you could yes but if it doesn't turn up (id give them more time) you have to give her a refund or re make them. I hope they do turn up they are lovely!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 am

that totally sucks!

diversityhair

Post by diversityhair » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 am

corpseesproc wrote:If you do give a refund you won't. Be out of pocket for long, with a tracking number the po will be able to see themselves it hasn't turned up and will give you your money, as long as you sent them under the right cost (when they ask if it's worth more than £41 or not) if you said no you will only be able to claim that back.

Oh and I know it's not your fault personally but it is YOUR responsibility. When sending something in the post you are going into contract with the post office, she isn't. You did everything you could yes but if it doesn't turn up (id give them more time) you have to give her a refund or re make them. I hope they do turn up they are lovely!
Exactly this... always make sure you have the parcel covered for exactly what it's worth, then you can refund the customer and claim the cost back from Royal Fail. Its crap when it happens, but as a seller, its just one of those things that need dealing with once in a while.
http://www.diversityhair.co.uk - NEW SITE 20/06/11
Hair Extensions, Hairdressing and Supplies
http://twitter.com/Jenna_Diversity - Twitter for site updates and everything else
http://www.facebook.com/diversityhair - Diversity Hair facebook page for updates on products, photos etc.

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 am

I had this problem once. I used to wrap my dread orders in heavy brown paper, and had a multiple shipping trip to make. One order was crocheted goodies and the other was two packages of dreads; one with straight long dreads and another with coiled and banded curlies. Each had delivery confirmation.

None of them showed up on time, and eventually they did arrive, only the curlies had arrived alongside the crocheted stuff instead of with the other half of the kit, which went to the wrong person! somewhere in the processing the paper had torn and the post had tried to fix it but got it mixed up. I of course had to pay double shipping to have them send each other the correct packages. boooo!

Now I use usps priority by default and use only the designated priority shipping materials. Costs more, but I've not had an issue in over a year!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:14 pm

diversityhair wrote:
corpseesproc wrote:If you do give a refund you won't. Be out of pocket for long, with a tracking number the po will be able to see themselves it hasn't turned up and will give you your money, as long as you sent them under the right cost (when they ask if it's worth more than £41 or not) if you said no you will only be able to claim that back.

Exactly this... always make sure you have the parcel covered for exactly what it's worth, then you can refund the customer and claim the cost back from Royal Fail. Its crap when it happens, but as a seller, its just one of those things that need dealing with once in a while.

I dont live in the U.K so idk if the same rules apply for postage. but i never knew that you could get your parcel covered in the first place -_-. but i understand what you are all saying. how long do you guys think i should wait before i decide to give her the refund? it sucks i'll be out of $100 after all that work but i'd rather my customers be happy and i can imagine this is a very stressful situation for her too :[.It's just upsetting that now its seems shes going to have a bad experience with my business after all my efforts, and i feel like i cant do anything to fix it :[. I will just have to take this as a learning experience for the future i geuss.

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:58 pm

This whole situation sucks but I think it is worth it in the end to do whatever you can to keep the customer happy.

Could you offer to either give her a full refund OR make her a new set?
If she chooses a new set maybe the lost dreads will show up while you are making them, then you could sell the 2nd set. If they do show up after the refund is issued I would ask for the refund back minus some for the trouble.

This would make me happy if I was the customer.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Librarynerd wrote:This whole situation sucks but I think it is worth it in the end to do whatever you can to keep the customer happy.

Could you offer to either give her a full refund OR make her a new set?
If she chooses a new set maybe the lost dreads will show up while you are making them, then you could sell the 2nd set. If they do show up after the refund is issued I would ask for the refund back minus some for the trouble.

This would make me happy if I was the customer.

I can't make a new set because some of the colors i used are now out of stock :[
But, i will definitely give her a full refund if they don't show up.
how long do you guys think i should wait? im keeping in touch with the post office so maybe i'll wait till they can definitely tell me if they lost it or not.

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:57 pm

What level of service did you send through? Parcel post/Priority?

KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:03 pm

..::AtomicLox::.. wrote:What level of service did you send through? Parcel post/Priority?
sadly parcel post, i never had issues with that before so i thought it would be fine. but its not till this has happened and i looked it up that i heard parcel post takes forever and sometimes loses stuff. its like damn...what the hell am i paying for then if its such bad service -_-. from here on out im only using priority.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:13 pm

such a shame, it better not be lost for good, it is way too gorgeous a set! Beware, even using priority doesn't always mean safe delivery. They sent my package to from ohio to florida once (instead of nh.. :? ) and basically told me if the problem doesn't fix itself its not their problem. They've done things like that to me quite a few times actually. So don't beat yourself up for using parcel post.. usps can suck all around >.<

KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 pm

poxabomination wrote:such a shame, it better not be lost for good, it is way too gorgeous a set! Beware, even using priority doesn't always mean safe delivery. They sent my package to from ohio to florida once (instead of nh.. :? ) and basically told me if the problem doesn't fix itself its not their problem. They've done things like that to me quite a few times actually. So don't beat yourself up for using parcel post.. usps can suck all around >.<

gawd lol then whats the right thing to do ;_;...express is so damn expensive no one would want to pay for that.
im just waiting and hoping it all plays out ok. it just really really sucks, it makes me look like a bad seller.
And out of all the sets to get lost ;_;, i was so proud of this one! It was one of my favorites and i couldn't wait for her to get it, and now who knows what happened to to :/ my poor artwork! well im always going to make sure i insure my packages now, so atleast it wont be difficult to refund people.

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 am

Awww I want to hug you, that's the worst feeling ever!

I would hang in there a few more days actually, Parcel post can take "up to 14 business days" but I've had it take longer than that on several occasions. It may be that the kit is on it's way and could even show up tomorrow, which technically would only make it a day late, I think? Have faith, keep breathing! <3<3

As far as your reputation and a refund, the most important thing you can do is keep in constant contact with your client and apologize sincerely and frequently, even though it totally isn't your fault. This one time, I would offer a refund (perhaps after another week or so, just in case the package shows up, which I have total faith it will and then you'll be posting the most relieved and happy response ever!!!!). Next time, state upon sale that you are not responsible for issues with the post and that clients are more than welcome to purchase insurance at an additional cost if they like. Like I said, I have always had great luck shipping Priority as long as I use the (free!) packaging provided. You can actually hit the usps website and have them send boxes and envelopes to your home! The other great thing about Priority is that if there is an issue with something getting lost you know for sure within about a week, so no agonizing like this! Most packages I ship out make it with in two days, at the very, very most four.

/end sleepy babbling!

good luck love, keep up posted! (did anyone else laugh at that unintentional pun? no? I need a nap.)

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:21 am

I lol'd ;)

Aww I didn't mean you shouldn't use priority, I just meant don't beat yourself up! Things can go wrong no matter how careful you are or what service you use.

Return to “Hair Critique”