Confusing situation. Need your opinions asap

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
mona_me

Confusing situation. Need your opinions asap

Post by mona_me » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:21 am

Hi everybody! I have an etsy store with my dreadlocks. I made a custom order for a girl and shipped the dreads, she is complaining about the color and texture, says that they look no alike and are terrible quality, suspiciously lightweight (!!!) and she is upset. I don't do refunds (my shop policy says so), but I am really confused so I asked her to make pictures. So here are they. 1 - photo on website, 2 and 3 - her pics, 4 - previous client with dreads made from the same material with the same structure who left positive feedback. I don't see any problem and for me the only difference is about light in the photo and how are they lying, so sure they do look a little messy on her pics and ends are looks which could make her confused, but if she puts them exactly as I did on my photo, I am sure she will get the same result. Am I wrong? Please share your thoughts, cause I don;t want my customer be unsatisfied.
I made the same dreads for two last customers and got positive feedback and I'm wearing my dreads myself and they are fine. All my friends I showed photos to don;t see any problem. Hope to hear your honest opinions. Thank you.

doclocks
Site Admin

Re: Confusing situation. Need your opinions asap

Post by doclocks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:50 pm

These situations are always hard, and its always a judgement call. I wish I could be of more help, but you kind of have to go with your gut and see if you can find a fair resolution.
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

Kaydemolition

Re: Confusing situation. Need your opinions asap

Post by Kaydemolition » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:42 pm

We all have different tastes and she clearly likes another type of dreads. But honestly, I like your job. Some find mine too smooth like others love them, but that's what I like. Do not stop at this, keep up the good work.

Return to “Hair Critique”