Raffia Wig

AmandaLegend

Raffia Wig

Post by AmandaLegend » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 pm

So for halloween my husband talked me into going as steampunk zombie hunters, I'm not exactly sure what that is but I know my costume will be badass. We are on a very , very cheap budget and I need an inexpensive material to use for a wig or hair piece of some sort. I was thinking of using raffia which is this http://www.dobbies.co.uk/acatalog/nutscene-raffia.jpg. Has anyone ever used this stuff before? I cannot imagine that it holds up very well but I only need to wear the wig for one night. I was thinking of mixing it with some fleece and maybe some hemp? I don't know...any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated.

PS- I'm not sure where this belongs...sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Stilldawn

Re: Raffia Wig

Post by Stilldawn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm

All I know about this stuff is from when my Stepmonster used to weave with it and it tears the hell out of your hands. Course this was many years ago, but it looks the same. Not sure what you are wanting to do with it but take care.

harlequin

Re: Raffia Wig

Post by harlequin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 pm

i put some raffia in a wig once, it held up ok for me. i braided it into the actual wig hair and then tied more onto the braids. i only wore the wig about 4 times though.
i had the pearlised stuff, kinda shimmered under club lights!

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”