Really Weird Question...

DinchtDoom

Really Weird Question...

Post by DinchtDoom » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:04 am

I need some methods on how to attach cyberlox to fur. This is for costume purposes and I want to make them removable so I can clean the costume or change the hair if I want to. Here is an example of what I want to attach them to: http://www.azurecoyote.com/kandy.JPG this is NOT my costume and NOT the costume I will be attaching the cyberlox to. If the costume only has this much hair will it work? What if it doesn't have any hair at all? Sorry for the weird question and I thank everyone in advance.

cyberwench

Re: Really Weird Question...

Post by cyberwench » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:51 am

I think your best bet would be to sew the cyberlox onto the material, that way it wouldn't matter how long the fur was. It would only take a couple of stitches for each piece as cyberlox is so light, so it would be easy to snip the thread to take them out again if you wanted.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:16 pm

that looks to me like the hair is attached to the goggles.

Could you not make your hairpiece on a headband or something and then just wear it over the top of your costume? If you want the hair to be removable i think that is what I would do
telling it like it is!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:18 pm

or make it onto a base piece of fabric which you could tack onto your costume?
telling it like it is!

DinchtDoom

Post by DinchtDoom » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:23 pm

I was thinking maybe I could cut some small holes in the top of the head, big enough to fit some clips like this: http://www.u-handbag.com/images/hairclip.gif. Then use those to clip in the elastics from the cyberlox. I'm not sure if the clips would be strong enough to do that though, and I've never worked with cyberlox so I'm not sure where the best place to put the clips are.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:27 pm

I agree with MissAnthropik; your best bet would be to mount them on a headband or goggles. Clips are going to be tricky if you're attaching falls mounted on elastics because of the elastic itself.. there will be a gap between the fur and the falls where the elastic is since you won't be wrapping it around anything.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:03 pm

i don't think you can do much at all with clips like that tbh. I don;t think it would work for what you are thinking of, unless i am misunderstanding what you want
telling it like it is!

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”