Crin Color match to 613

Miss Liberty

Crin Color match to 613

Post by Miss Liberty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:12 am

I am considering making myself another set of cyberlox. I really enjoyed how my black hair blended well with black crin and looked more like a cohesive piece instead of an obvious contrast of color. I'd like to retain that same look even though I'm blond now.

Which shades of crin do you like would match best to a blond shade close to 613? My hair is almost exactly 613 now. I'm trying to lighten it a bit further, but we'll see how that goes.

I would be looking to use the "blond" crin as a base color and pepper it with colored accents, so I don't want to go TOO gold, but I'll do what I must. I'm thinking something like the following shades from IKS:

Soft Gold Metallic
Cocoa
Bright Gold Metallic
White Criss-Cross UV
Light Yellow
or
Copper Metallic

Does anyone have experience with these shades in person and how they match up to 613? Pics would be great too if possible, although I don't know if I'll be so lucky there :)

Thanks!

AntaresJB

Re: Crin Color match to 613

Post by AntaresJB » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:44 am

Well I don't know about any of the others, but just to rule out one of your options, Cocoa would be way too dark - it's definitely brown, nowhere near blonde. Might make a nice accent, though, for a "natural" cyberlox set. :) Here's a pic of me with it as an accent in some brown falls from about a year ago.

I don't have any experience with the other colors, but from the color chart, the Soft Gold Metallic looks closest, if my opinion counts for anything. :)
-- Antares J. Barr --
Like chicks with acoustic guitars? Check out my music on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/antaresjb

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks! That does help a bit. I thought the cocoa might be too dark, but wasn't sure. I might give the soft met. gold a try. :)

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:58 am

The closest to #613 is either light yellow or soft gold, depending on which direction you want to go. Soft gold is really light because it's gold metallic thread woven through white base threads (i.e. the same color as the white non metallic or the base of white criss-cross). Light yellow is darker and more color-saturated than #613. Bright gold is also darker and more yellowy than #613.

The cocoa crin is closest to #8.
And copper is kind of in the same arena as #27, but it's not as brassy.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks SO much! that really, really helps me :) I'm going to ponder it over and save some doh, and then I'll be placing an order!

cypherlox

Post by cypherlox » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:10 am

you can always get white crin and spray paint it with the color you are going for - it might be a long shot but may work. I use that sometimes to get unique colors.
CypherLOX.com
Visit us on Facebook!
Visit us on Myspace!
Follow us on Twitter!

Cypherlox.com - Custom Falls & Extensions, Hair Making Supplies, Hair Dye, Goggles, Fuzzy Boot Covers and more!

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”