A couple things.

Sel

A couple things.

Post by Sel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Does anyone have a video tutorial on how to make cyberlox falls?
I found one on youtube, but it was rather uninformative.

And if I plan on making a pair of falls, I was reading the other topics and it said use 3-4 bags.
That is all fine and dandy, but if I order from IKickShins, she offers two sizes of bags 5yd and 10yd.
Do I need 3-4 five yard bags or 3-4 ten yard bags?
I was uncool before uncool was cool.

CancerHybrid

Re: A couple things.

Post by CancerHybrid » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:36 am

ikickshins has a cyberlox tutorial on her page http://www.ikickshins.net/hairguide/z-september07.php
its not a video, but its super easy to follow
hope that helps

edited to add:
it depends how long you want them
i made short ones and used 2 10yd bags
i made long ones and used 4 10yd bags
*Manda*

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:50 am

It's 3-4 10 yard bags, and if you want them super long, you'll need more. In my experience, whenever people are talking about cyberlox and just say "bags," they're almost always talking about the 10 yard ones :)

If you go to my website, you can get an idea of how many bags I use by the color options.. like the short large falls allow up to 4 colors because I use 20 yards (aka up to 4 5 yard bags) to make the set:
http://ikickshins.net/cyberfalls.php

When I first started selling cyberlox falls, I made some short, medium, and long falls, and then I did the math based on those to figure out how much to use for the other lengths.. so they're pretty consistent :)
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Sel

Post by Sel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 am

Thank you both.

I realize I probably didn't need to make a whole new thread about this, but I am still such a newb that I didn't think of just asking the question in one of the other ones until after I hit submit.

Ah well, too late now.

Thanks again.
=]
I was uncool before uncool was cool.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 am

ikickshins wrote:It's 3-4 10 yard bags, and if you want them super long, you'll need more. In my experience, whenever people are talking about cyberlox and just say "bags," they're almost always talking about the 10 yard ones :)

If you go to my website, you can get an idea of how many bags I use by the color options.. like the short large falls allow up to 4 colors because I use 20 yards (aka up to 4 5 yard bags) to make the set:
http://ikickshins.net/cyberfalls.php

When I first started selling cyberlox falls, I made some short, medium, and long falls, and then I did the math based on those to figure out how much to use for the other lengths.. so they're pretty consistent :)
THAT IS GENIUS.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:16 pm

I always use 2 ten yards bags for chin- and shoulder lengths. 3-4 if they have to be longer. ;)

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”