Heat shrink tubing

Cal

Heat shrink tubing

Post by Cal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:34 am

Quick question, has anybody had this stuff in thier hair before? I get the idea that you plait your hair and then shrink the tubing over your own, but how do you get it off? do you just cut it? also does it damage the hair?
Thanx in advance x

rivetlicker_

Re: Heat shrink tubing

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:52 am

Oh man, I love heatshrink.

There is a little article on quinnsters about it.

http://www.angrycaninelovestick.org/pla ... tubes.html

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Cal wrote:Quick question, has anybody had this stuff in thier hair before? I get the idea that you plait your hair and then shrink the tubing over your own, but how do you get it off? do you just cut it? also does it damage the hair?
Thanx in advance x
The hair normally cannot breathe under the heatshrink and if it gets moist it rots.

I think I recall Cybersodagrape back in the day having to have most of her hair cut off because it had virtually melted into manky goo inside the tubes.

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. I've used it over synthetic braids as a fall accent many years ago and it looked nice but i wouldn't put it on my real hair.
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 pm

I know this thread is quite old but..
I've used heat shrink before and really liked it. I only had it on for a week tops but it was lightweight, inexpensive and really spikey!
I braided my hair so that it was only just narrower than the tubing, poked the braid into the tube as best I could and then heated it at the root using a straightener burning my scalp serveral times in the process! It was an old rubbish straightener so I didn't mind getting it covered in melty plastic goo! I don't think it was quite hot enough to shrink the plastic properly though. I had a few problems with the tubing slipping but again, I blame that on the pants straightener. I tried not to get it wet as this is where the rotty hair problem comes in. I'd only reccommend it as a short term thing. Anything longer than a week or two would probably ruin your hair. It is quite good if you don't want to dye your hair crazy colours but fancy some fun hair.
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”